It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cashless Society by (guess the year!)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 05:07 PM
link   
news.independent.co.uk...

I wonder if this has to do with "the mark of the beast". And paying with a chip!

Mod Note (This Appears On Every New Thread/Post Reply Page): MEMBERS: Do not simply post news articles in the forums without comment. If you feel inclined to make the board aware of current events, please post the first paragraph, a link to the entire story, AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item.

[edit on 12-3-2007 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 05:09 PM
link   
You know sparky you could TELL us the year and then maybe we would have something to talk about.

I think I will start a thread tomorrow and call it...

I'm thiiiinking of a number....can you guess what it is?

M.Agenda!

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Midwest Agenda
You know sparky you could TELL us the year and then maybe we would have something to talk about.

I think I will start a thread tomorrow and call it...

I'm thiiiinking of a number....can you guess what it is?

M.Agenda!

You can just click the link and its the headline right in bold.... and ill save the suspense for everyone, its 2012

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 05:33 PM
link   
And the dealer says, "You can't buy my weed you don't have the chip". Is that the way it's going to work?

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Schizoflux
And the dealer says, "You can't buy my weed you don't have the chip". Is that the way it's going to work?

hahaha you brought up a GREAT point! this is def. a way to cut down on any illegal drugs, borrowing money from a friend, any transaction that doesnt require a corporation! I'm giving you a WATS vote because that is something that i never considered.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by hikix
You can just click the link and its the headline right in bold.... and ill save the suspense for everyone, its 2012

Ummm yeah I kinda figured that. I just wanted to make you work a little more at it!

Just my MidWest take on the situation!

M.Agenda!

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 10:53 PM
link   
How is one to buy a Snickers Bar from a vending machine or buy and old lamp shade at a garage sale?

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 02:50 AM
link   
I may be showing my age here, but people have been talking about a cashless society for a long time.

I remember people talking in the 60's about how the credit card would replace cash.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by ben91069
How is one to buy a Snickers Bar from a vending machine or buy and old lamp shade at a garage sale?

Yeah that's a good point and it's something similar to what I've always been wondering myself.

I could be wrong but I just don't see a cashless society working in the long term.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by madhatter

Originally posted by ben91069

Yeah that's a good point and it's something similar to what I've always been wondering myself.

I could be wrong but I just don't see a cashless society working in the long term.

A cashless society would be great, no longer would we worry about having to get out cash to go any pay for something where they didnt have a credit card thing, even better if all we had to do was swipe our right hand over something or walk through the doors to pay for the items. I personaly think its a great idea. But the only problem with it is that it is being implementated by NWO people and the problems that that poses for we Christians of this world.

-fm

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by My Sock Puppet
I may be showing my age here, but people have been talking about a cashless society for a long time.

I remember people talking in the 60's about how the credit card would replace cash.

You’re also showing your wisdom.
It’s quite probably that cash won’t ever go away. The chip will just be one of the many options to make a payment.

Note: How are governments going to finance their black budget is they can’t easily unload their coc aine and opium?

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 07:25 PM
link   
My big issue with a cashless society is the fact that every purchase you make can be tracked by corporations and the government.
Even these reward cards like Air Miles or Club Z are used to track every purchase you make even if you pay with cash.

I don't understand why people are so willing to just hand over all their information like this. :shk:

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by funky monk

A cashless society would be great, no longer would we worry about having to get out cash to go any pay for something where they didnt have a credit card thing, even better if all we had to do was swipe our right hand over something or walk through the doors to pay for the items. I personaly think its a great idea. But the only problem with it is that it is being implementated by NWO people and the problems that that poses for we Christians of this world.

-fm

It is very convenient. In fact, I practically do not use cash at all. When I do, it is inconvenient to do so, as I have to go to an ATM or the bank to retrieve it. All my transactions are done using a debit card and I pay all my bills online using the same. The only time I use cash is for the few times a week when I need to use the vending machines at work, so I am forced to stop at an ATM machine. My check is even deposited directly so I hardly have to deal with any of it. Of course, my transactions leave a huge paper trail, but I am not a criminal so I am not worried about who looks into it. I do regret that this information can be used to profile people for advertising particular things. I hate being solicited to buy stuff.

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 12:33 PM
link   
How could I give some change to the homeless man on the corner? Dammit... now I have to go buy him his cup of coffee with my debit card.

edit: I mean with my chip.

p.s. Can I have my chip embedded in my breast? That would make for an interesting shopping experience.

[edit on 14-3-2007 by annestacey]

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 02:03 PM
link   
For a cashless society to exist; fraud would have to be minimized. Since this is not happening; even when 2012 approaches a cashless society is out of the question.

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I too see no problem technically - i do all my banking on-line, by debit and just use ATM when I have to, but I am really not keen on having every tiny purchase used to target me for marketing purposes. Its currently bad enough, it could drive me to the Outer Hebrides if it got any worse.

The 2012 date keeps popping up everywhere just lately. Tony Blair has given it as a preliminary date to start building the new trident subs too (should it get agreed by parliament).

I like how you think annestacey - I'll take my chip in my left cheek, so that I can shake my tail feather everytime I make a transaction.

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Where do all of these doom and gloom predictions come from about 2012? What are they based on? I remember when 2012 was looked upon as the year of spiritual ascension..Now people are saying, "Oh,no, 2012 will be a year of fear and trembling." I'd really like to know where people get these ideas and from what source do they base it on. I wholeheartedly believe 2012 will be a year to be embraced,not feared.

[edit on 14-3-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Your mobile phone........e-money.... you can bank on-line.....you can buy on-line... when your phone is on the net you don't need paper anymore.
Your phone will have sex with your vendor's phone and your purchase will be born.

hahaha you brought up a GREAT point! this is def. a way to cut down on any illegal drugs

maybe, maybe not....
most likely this cashless era will begin..(like the article said) with a smart and anonymous cash card that is not linked to your own personal information... like a phone card that you can transfer money into from the net....
Or perhaps even from another card.
But your right in that it is hard to imagine the "powers that be" (even if this system was touted as being anonamous) actually not tracking the source of all transactions digitally to the extent of their ability.....
But I can't help but feel that digital money will make crime much easier not harder.... as even though the govn't could then much more easily track things through computers ETC.... it also means that already organised crime gangs with access to the resources and armed with knowledge of the system could potentially hack their way into unlimited credit.....

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 12:29 PM
link   
This would be a hacker's dream come true! It is already way too easy to aquire someone's account credintials and steal one's identity. Unless they implanted a chip under someone's skin it wouldn't be acceptably secure. Even then, it can be cracked.

[edit on 20-3-2007 by Dissension]

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 04:54 PM
link   
1 unit per hour of work for all jobs. Now one can seek out being a math teacher instead of a lawyer because he or she can make more money.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join