It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The real bible?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 02:38 PM
link   
if you want a bible with very little taken out you need to look in the Quran' I remember hearing that muslims made there own religion because they did'nt like catholics teking out parts of the bible.

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher

Why? Do you think God's will does not extend far enough to protect God's will/words?

Wow... I am just joining this "debate" but must I ask the obvious... There are like "a lot" of religions out there... but several which all follow the same GOD... Which "Bible" is he protecting? Assuming you are Christian, which version of the "Bible" do you read? There are so many denominations out there, why?

If God could do what you claim God is doing... why not all be on the same vision (LIKE GOD WANTS IT)... it's because God follows this principal that HE created called FREE WILL...

I do believe in GOD, I do read the Bible, and I trust the "VISION" that I get when I read the BIBLE that I choose to read... Does it have to be the BIBLE... NO! God can give us vision and insight no matter what we are doing or reading, he generally guides those of us that choose to follow him to the Bible, but when we pray for understanding he gives us the vision he intended us to get... but he doesn't care about the paper and leather that makes up the book itself...

It is just a book... if you want to prove me wrong... I will show you contradictions between Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John all in the same bible... If ONE bible can't keep the facts straight, how can 200 different denominations?

Come on man? really?

The funny part is I am a strong Christian, and it is these debates that scare people away from God! It is the vision, not the words! It is the meaning, not the verses... It is the law of LOVE that we need to follow and understand... The LOVE that Jesus showed when he died for all of us... Christians or NOT! Whether you believe Jesus is GOD like some, whether you believe he is GOD's SON, or just a really great and very wise guy... He in fact DID exist, and lived his life for us, and died on the cross so we could live our lives in heaven!

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by HuntaXX

If you google The Nag Hammadi Library, you should find information on texts and gospels that were left out of the Bible. Very interesting reading.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by TheTimeIsUp

I don't know where you heard that. Islam, (Muslim is the term used to identify one who is of the Islamic religion) , is based of of the Jewish religion. It features Jesus and his apostles, however they are held as prophets, with Muhamed being the last messenger and prophet of God. Protestants did break away from Catholicism, but as the Walking Fox pointed out earlier, they use the same Bible, but even more edited to fit their beliefs.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Enthralled Fan

Good stuff thanks for telling me about it. i noticed aliens and the occult both seem to tie in with gnosis but i havnt got around to fully studying and understanding it yet but i think ill stop putting it off (waaaay too much stuff left unread in my library) and take a long hard look into it.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 08:18 AM
link   
There was a Hebrew Gospel.
jesus-messiah.com...
History tells us that the Greek speeking Christians went to Judea and destroyed all the copies and killed the Jewish Christians.
So, what we have, now, is only a very distorted version of Christianity, brought to us by a state run "church".
As far as anyone knows, there are no surviving copies of the original Gospel of Jesus.
So, the best you can do is to read the New International Version because they do the best job of compairing the largest amout of evidence available, to weed out a lot of what was added later, by people with their own agendas to promote.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by HuntaXX

all faiths and beliefs come from the same basis-but your bible as you know it was actually written 35 to 50 thousand years ago, the one thing that most Christians don't know is that the bible was copied and translated from the ancient libraries of the Sumerian texts from ancient Iran. the name Gilgamesh was changed to moses and so on compare the two to understand them as they are older than our churches claim them to be -plagiarism-also try the book called josephes.as to the shadow men as you call them be wary some of them are known as the watchers unless you know how to make and use the rod and the staff or the sword in the stone avoid them at all costs -imperative you listen- these are not just story's or legends they are actual weapons which are at our disposal for us who are trained to have and to hold it is very rare we use them but when the need arises we use them without question-in our realm these shadows come in all shapes and forms at anytime of the night or day learning to defeat them takes years of hard work especially trying to see then move in the darkness -they also give off a vibration which is felt more than heard and yet we do hear them -remember the power of the light well there is another side you don't really want to meet with let alone accept it -there are many others that look like them but they act differently as they are different beings or forces . these are god given weapons so dont take them lightly the sword in the stone is also one of the fathers weapons if you learn how to use them you might as well put a target on as they never quit coming as the darkest and its forces hate losing and they can get really nasty. you have been warned -certain authors on the paranormal or psych will help you to understand Silvia brown has something of interest as do others

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Thank you for the link
i have this theory im trying to confirm that the original story of creation was altered to program a guilt complex into people to further control them

picrat - thats interesting stuff. can you share any more about these shadow people such as their goals and weaknesses?

[edit on 29-2-2008 by HuntaXX]

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by HuntaXX

the shadow people are basically watchers they are here to see who is learning to undo all of the many centuries of untruths that we nave been told was the truth by all the little tyrants-governments,churches,military s,banks and all others who control our lives. there was an article years ago concerning the u.s. governments use of gifted people to watch people or look into the stars to see if there was other life out there, these people were given coordinates and told to observe what they saw in this altered state and to report it to their task masters-there is a book out there written by and about this select group of people and at this time the title is drawing a blank. But you are correct about the bible being used to control you its led us all down a false path as have most other religions. Christ did not die for our sins rather he was looked upon as a threat to the great state of Rome so how do you instill fear and terror into the masses you hang someone out to dry on the cross for all the world to see thus telling them that its our way or no way as we will also do this to you if you stand in our way or challenge our authoritarian rule,as Christ was teaching that we don't need masters such as Rome and that all are free that includes speech thought word and deeds-ops we all live in a Utopian police state to this day so when are you all going to wake up.the shadow men work for the governments and the churches they are the best that they have lol its easy to get by them to have any question that you ask answered the secret archives of the Vatican its self are open to all of us who have learned to use the dream time -time space distance and matter does not exist in this time whatever and wherever you choose to see or do can be accomplished-language barriers don't exist also as no matter what you see or read it is instantly translated into whatever language you read or speak.the shadow mens greatest weakness is getting caught or seen by us it means that they failed in their mission their boss is something like the worlds description of the Satan they get caught or seen by us and they are usually destroyed and another is dispatched which is better at it.They come from a parallel universe which is a part of ours meaning that our world and their world co-exist within the same time and space .the best defense is to just be able to see them and if you do just ask who do you think you are they leave mighty quickly until the next one comes.challenging them is no fun catching them and sending them back to their masters is much more fun we know what is in store for them they don't they are only returning to report their failure.The native teachings whether it is native American ,central American,south American or even Australian deals in depth with the dream time.The dream time is in the bible also but it is only one line in the story of Jacob`s latter-quote-all of this knowledge came to me not in my waken state- so where are the missing teachings on how to do this -ask the church-ops they changed and erased whole books and passages after being told not to change or erase anything the sentence was death-correct.The Gideon society is the heads of all of our churches who continue to change it at their whim and fancy arn`t these the so called keepers of the sacred word or is it whatever they want to say what it is . considering the fact the the great pope Benedict just added three new sins to the deadly seven making it ten,when men play god someone gets pissed and its not a man-guess who?hope the hints help and don't take the book at face value look deeper -the show beyond had an interesting show on concerning father Christmas originally he was a child killing blood letting sacrificer of children compliments of Rome?This church wrote its history in the blood of everyone.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by picrat

You know this is true how?

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by chromatico
reply to post by picrat

You know this is true how?

Somebody needs to stop living in the conditioned mindset of needing the government or other "officials" to tell them something is true and start using their intuition to guide them through the web of lies

Picrat- thank you for the info. i was worried i may be getting paranoid as i suspected a lot of that myself but its good to see im not the only one coming to that conclusion

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I have seen the dead sea scrolls. They mirror the old testament very accurately with the exceptions of some word translation confusions. They include If I remember right two books excluded from the bible that promoted women, as well as a lot of scrolls relative to the Essene community. I would say95-97% accurate or higher with the old testament. The OT actually mentions the Book of Enoch, which it does not include.

The Nag Hamadi is the smoking gun your looking for. These are also somewhat limited compare to the 25 or so books missing from them. Be very wary of Gnostic websites teaching their own flavor of knowledge from these. They tend to be without accurate translation, and layer the original text into the teachings of the moderns.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by HuntaXX

i was born with some very unique and unusual gifts i`ve spent the last 40 years learning how to use them most of my teachers come from the first and sixth nations people,i`m what they call a shaman or what you call a healer and teacher in these beliefs i`m known as a Bearwalker. In their teachings they call the shadow men non beings or those who are not of this world consider them something of an alien race who have a penchant for the human essence or soul this is why i tried to warn you but there are some books out in which this is mentioned by Carlos Casstenada He is trained in the yacqi way of knowledge,they call it sorcery for the lack of a better word and it is not spells or witchcraft or anything like that you will find that the bible will probably make more sense to you after doing some reading.What we are able to do all people can do as we all have the ability to learn how to use them but very few try to develop their own gifts.Ive been locked in battle with them for the last 10 to 15 years the last one they sent was not in human shape it was a ball about 7 foot diameter if it wasn't for it making its moving early i would not have seen it, all it did was turn but that is just enough for me to be able to catch sight of it.The name of that book still escapes me as i have a huge library spread out over 3 homes of my friends and my own basically what we can all do is based on quantum physics and mechanics we all have what is known as sight beyond sight or the ability to see across time and space here at abt they are calling it obe`s we call it the dream time but with us we can do it whether were wide awake or sound asleep it`s` like moving pictures with sight and sound within the mind and yet it is slightly different as your looking in and it feels like your in the third person within your own self.Time space and distance don`t seem to exist within this time as to think is to move or become what you need to such as the wind to protect yourself -try the Vatican`s vault`s and see how fast they come out of the woodwork if they come think of the wind which does not blow or move their guards run about like chickens trying to find who's there but they cant find you as the wind that does not move is not real as they still think like men they have never really understood the concept to the dream time they are really only beginners or children who are trying to learn.It is hard to explain to someone who is not trained to use their gifts all i can do is try to explain what it`s like to you

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   
huntaxx try the local bookstore and for Christians faith look for the book called josephes it might be within ,just read over the list of contents first rather than buy it and not find it but it might be there-goodluck

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher

Originally posted by biggie smalls

God did not have a choice of the bible being corrupted, you can thank Rome and the Pharisees for that one bud

i understand your stance, please read mine carefully:
i do not subscribe to the belief that Rome's and the Pharisees's wills (even combined) had more influence than God's will.

Rome + Pharisees verses God? And Rome and the Pharisees won?

i find this difficult to swallow as absolute fact, this is what i am trying to convey.

I'm sorry but i have to but in here 'Esoteric Teacher' - why do most people who defend the Bible as being GOD's word allways refer to the PROOF in the way that GOD would not ALLOW the Bible to be changed. Why would GOD bother to be in a competition with us in which he WINS? Sounds awfully childish to me. Free will means we are free to do with the knowledge as we please. but regardless of how we change the words the TRUTH will remain the TRUTH. A potato doesn't become a computer no matter how we try to describe it as such. However there may exist people who belive a potato to be one based on what they've read. Make sense?

The BIBLE is not in my opinion the word of GOD as I personally belive that GOD or what ever you prefer to call the ONE constant do not have the nessecity for words. It's merely a book of laws that have been used by various political groups to herd us into submission.

As soon as a). an group of elitists took control of a book of knowledge, credibility goes out the window and .....

I completely agree

top topics

<< 1   >>

join