It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The real bible?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I was wondering if any of you have a copy of or know where a copy can be obtained of the real unaltered parts of the bible? ive been searching myself but have not been able to find anything. im not looking for versions or old testements im looking for the old pages originaly altered by the romans

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Good luck on that one.. I imagine that anything in existence prior to Constantine getting his grubby hands on it has either been dismantled,destroyed or duly hidden in the catacombs of the Vatican.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 04:24 PM
link   
You might have more luck in the...

- Conspiracies in Religion
- Faith and Spirituality

... forums.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Try the BOOK OF ENOCH.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I didnt notice the other sections of the forum. i found this site in my search for the truth about the 'shadow men' can a mod please move this to the correct section? thank you

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Sorry to double post but i couldnt see a edit button anywhere. could you post a link to this BOOK OF ENOCH please? the only copy i could find was a dead torrent so maybe you know a site that hosts it?

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 05:40 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

HERE YOU GO.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 03:49 AM
link   
I went to wiki myself to find more info on it but i only just noticed theres some links to online versions at the bottom. thanks

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Firstly, if one looks at the method that the "church" used to compile the "Books of the bible," it become evidentially clear as to what the motive was.

Now, I can give you a list of a whole host of books that were not included in the canon. However,I took your original post to be asking if anyone had access to a bible prior to 325 A.D...

I seriously doubt it because there was no official canon prior to that.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 03:33 PM
link   
The Romans are credited ( at least by the History Channel ) with removing hieroglyphics that depicted the Egyptian gods and goddesses from carved rock....and then the Church burnt all of the documents that they came across in the Americas.....I'm sure they wouldn't have hesitated to destroy any original texts of the NT Bible. ( If anything survived, it would probably be buried in the depths of the Vatican.)

Edit to add:
The Dead Sea Scrolls would be before Roman influence, I think, no?

[edit on 13-3-2007 by frayed1]

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 04:51 PM
link   
HuntaXX, when you say "shadow men," are you talking about what appear to be black shapes of men but without any shadows, rather like a black hole?

My sister and I have seen these and we're trying to understand what they were. I've seen definitions of "shadow people" but that didn't sound like what we saw.

Still wondering.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Not sure if it's true, but I've read that the original manuscripts have all been lost/destroyed; all versions available today are copies done by scribes, etc.

Anyone have facts on this? (or do I need to check the religion forum?)

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 01:38 PM
link   
If any group of people have the ability to "alter" or edit the book without the consent or approval of god, then certainly god does not exist.

If we are to assume that the bible is not the word of god, it is because we think god does not have the power, or the authority to keep the bible untainted.

Thus, if someone believes the bible is no longer the word of god, the same person never really believed in god to begin with.

[edit on 14-3-2007 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher
Thus, if someone believes the bible is no longer the word of god, the same person never really believed in god to begin with.

I'm going to have to disagree with you on that one...

I happen to believe in God, the Great Spirit and Mother Goddess. I was raised Catholic, but usually believed contrary to the traditional Trinity bull#e.

Now if I don't believe the bible to be the word of God, does this change my belief system? I would have to say no it does NOT.

The bible, old and new testaments, were written by MAN. I have spoken with a Franciscan scholar who explained to be that the bible was perhaps INSPIRED by God, but certainly not written by God.

I'm sorry, but your argument is highly flawed.

Just because God didn't write the bible has nothing to do with his/her existence or not and the idea of someone believing it.

Why would I believe in a God of hate and warfare when Love and Truth are much nobler concepts to believe in?

bs

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by biggie smalls

Why would I believe in a God of hate and warfare when Love and Truth are much nobler concepts to believe in?

bs

I don't know why you believe in a God of hate and warfare over a God of Love and Truth.

My Truth is that a Loving God would not allow the Truth of God's word to be lost to the children of God (us).

You apparently dissagree.

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Thier seem to be at least 2 different types of shadow men. i have many theories but nothing unproven yet so im afraid i cant tell you any more about them for sure. if you know anything especialy small details like communication and behavior id like to hear about it though. also since god has chosen to sit back and interact with this world as little as possible hes probably just hoping we all figure out that the bible was tainted by evil for ourselves

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I think you misunderstood me...

I did not say that there are not truths in the bible, but for the most part it has been corrupted.

God did not have a choice of the bible being corrupted, you can thank Rome and the Pharisees for that one bud

As soon as a). an group of elitists took control of a book of knowledge, credibility goes out the window and b). an empire as corrupt as Rome declares Christianity as its official religion and dictates doctrine.

Sorry, but I have lost faith in religions in general.

The only truth and love I find is in my own heart and that of like-minded individuals.

Christians, Muslims, Jews, etc themselves are NOT bad people. I never implied or said that. However, the information we have been fed by the ELITE and DARKNESS are unfortunately not aligned with God's will.

God would not (in my understanding) allow senseless killing as is stated in the Old Testament.

If God had a say in the writing of the bible (again to the best of my understanding) He/She/It would not allow people to change the "Word," but that has already been disproved.

I am sorry to hear that you believe whatever you read, I hope you find the truth within yourself one day my friend.

bs

[edit on 15-3-2007 by biggie smalls]

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by biggie smalls

God did not have a choice of the bible being corrupted, you can thank Rome and the Pharisees for that one bud

i understand your stance, please read mine carefully:
i do not subscribe to the belief that Rome's and the Pharisees's wills (even combined) had more influence than God's will.

Rome + Pharisees verses God? And Rome and the Pharisees won?

i find this difficult to swallow as absolute fact, this is what i am trying to convey.

As soon as a). an group of elitists took control of a book of knowledge, credibility goes out the window and .....

To a degree i will agree with you, but probably not to the extent you think. I don't think anyone controls the word(s) of God, nor have they. BUT, i must concede that the only people who were literate for a great amount of time were .... holy scribes, and monks .....

God would not (in my understanding) allow senseless killing as is stated in the Old Testament.

"judge not lest thee be judged", yet the bible does judge, doesn't it???

so, unless the bible was authored by a hippocrit and a liar, then perhaps all we need to do is apply the verses of the bible to the bible, and then perhaps it will be known that the holy book, as are other books, actually commentary from a future's perspective ..... (ours & allies) .... perhaps ...

If God had a say in the writing of the bible (again to the best of my understanding) He/She/It would not allow people to change the "Word," but that has already been disproved.

By whom? people who underestimate God, and overestimate people?
Again, i don't subscribe to the belief that when it's man's will verses God's will that man wins.

I am sorry to hear that you believe whatever you read, I hope you find the truth within yourself one day my friend.

bs

Many truths indeed.

thanks,
john

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 10:55 AM
link   

If any group of people have the ability to "alter" or edit the book without the consent or approval of god, then certainly god does not exist.

Esoteric,I don't buy that argument for one single moment, not one.

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

Esoteric,I don't buy that argument for one single moment, not one.

Why? Do you think God's will does not extend far enough to protect God's will/words?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join