It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Somebody want to explain what happened here!?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Alright. first of all. Yes, this is my first post. I am well aware you guys will most likely not believe me merely because this is the first time I have posted here. I have been reading up on this site for some time awhile back. Only recently did I start coming back. I had another account but I forget the username and pass so I created this one. I also posted this story before but I couldn't find it on here or anything. Anywho. Here it goes.

First of all, I'm not telling you what it is, i'm asking you what you think it was.

Alright, when I was younger, I recall a time at night where I was awakened and brought outside. I was walking out the front door and down the sidewalk to what appeared to be the main street around where I lived (I wish I could confirm this, but it was a long time ago so I don't quite know where it was) That being said. I recall being in the presence of two..."beings" which at the time I thought were my parents but I never really looked at them. I just felt I was with somebody I could trust and was safe. I remember looking into my backyard and seeing the shadow of some sort of creature, its eyes glowing like a cat (I don't think it was a cat, it was quite large) I remember then being in this area I did not recognize, there were buildings around me, but they didn't have any significance, no signs or anything determining where I was. There was a bright orange light, thats all I can remember. I am 16 now and this happened 10 or more years ago. I brought it up with my parents a couple times and they don't recall taking me anywhere. So i'm a little confused. You choose wether to believe this or not. I'm thinking it was just a dream, but it seemed VERY real. What do you guys think?

p.s. Sorry for the lack of information, as I said it was a long time ago.

also I don't think it means much, but that was the same night my cat disappeared/ran away.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Also I'm sorry but I didn't know what section to put this in.

Sorry about that

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 07:41 PM
link   
It sounds like those beings were aliens, and that you may have been abducted to their planet or something.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 08:03 PM
link   
No offense, but it kinda sounds like you were either dreaming or you were abducted (not by aliens, though...)

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Dreams can seem extremely real, to the point where people have died of heart attacks during extremely stressful or traumatic dream sequences. It sounds like what you experienced was just a dream. As you thought more and more about it at separate points in your life, the real experience was obscured and details were forgotten. But, as with all cases, the details are what matter most. The point is, rest easy because it was probably a dream... OR WAS IT???

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Confabulation.

Memories alter over time. It is normal and natural, and it happens to everyone, whether they admit it or not.

One of the classic signs that confabulation has occured is the claimant says "I can remember it vividly." Normal memories fade over time. A memory that has not faded is evidence of confabulation.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by dave_54
Confabulation.

Memories alter over time. It is normal and natural, and it happens to everyone, whether they admit it or not.

One of the classic signs that confabulation has occured is the claimant says "I can remember it vividly." Normal memories fade over time. A memory that has not faded is evidence of confabulation.

Not true.
People can remember deep-seated memories from as early as being a year old.
This has happened to me and I have had family members back-up what I remember.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I don't remember being taken anywhere but like I said, I just remember being on that street and I'm having trouble recalling anything after that. Yeah, I know dreams can seem really real. But in all my dreams there something strange happening, my dreams always change, as in. I'll be in my house then the next minute i'm in a forest or something. Nothing odd like that happened in this so called "Dream"

I'm not saying it wasn't a dream, but i'm not saying it is either. I have no idea what it was to be completly honest.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 05:57 PM
link   
It actually does kinda sound like you've been abducted, either that or you could be a psychic!

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Strange...because thats all I remember and I don't remember anything else really happening that night. I find it odd that, for some reason I never looked at "whatever" I was with. I just felt safe, as if they were my parents. But as mentioned before, my parents do not remember that happening. It doesn't add up, and its been bothering me for awhile now, which led me to visiting this site, trying to find the answers to whatever the hell happened that night.

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Unfortunately this really is the best we seem to get now on ATS.

Sounds like so many other posts.

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Sorry
That was all I could really give, Thats all I remember man. Wish I could remember more

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quackmaster
Unfortunately this really is the best we seem to get now on ATS.

Sounds like so many other posts.

What do you mean that's "the best we seem to get now on ATS."??? I find that offensive to the efforts of our denizens here at Above Top Secret. We supply theories for these case studies from all points of view ranging from scientific analysis, spiritual happenings, natural phenomena, psychological effects of the mind in stressful situations, and just about any other theory that we can present and explain in order to achieve a plausible explanation for what really happened. (and i personally supply illustrations and pictures to add life to the stories)

And by plausible explanation, I don't mean alien abductions and enormous black beasts hiding in plain sight in a neighborhood. I mean known psychological effects of a person under stress or under a certain age or vivid emotions and memories being formed during sleep. All of these have been already demonstrated, analyzed, and known to occur to humans, especially impressionable ones at a young age in which memories are easily distorted. To say that we didn't do our best here at ATS is dishonest!

We here at ATS gave the most plausible, reasonable, and rational explanation for what happened here. Just because our theory didn't involve space monsters and ufos does not mean we did a bad job. Especially in a case like this, where there is little detail, a vague representation of the actual occurrence, no photographic or concrete evidence, and a confused victim. Bah humbug!!

top topics

join