It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shooting Star Or UFO?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2003 @ 03:48 PM
link   
A few weeks ago, I was driving home from work after dusk and saw something in the sky for only a moment. It seemed to streek horizontally across the sky at a speed that seemed slower then a falling star, but much faster then any man make object. I would not have thought twice about it, but it is the colour that bothers me: red/orange. Aren't things that speed into the atmosphere always white because of the buildup of heat?

posted on Dec, 23 2003 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I've seen metiorites which are red/orange before. They happen a lot durring meteor showers in the north woods of wisconsin. Don't know why they have color up there, but many do...

posted on Dec, 23 2003 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I've seen shooting stars as well that were red/orange down under here in australia, but as for what you saw i cant comment i'd need to see it myself to make an accurate judgement... but keep your eyes to the skies coz you may be the one to find them.

posted on Dec, 23 2003 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Many times shooting stars are seen as fire balls, or bolides, and often can be seen with a trail of smoke behind them. Sometimes they are even audible. Not saying this is what you saw, but it could be.

[Edited on 12-23-2003 by William One Sac]

posted on Dec, 23 2003 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Ya, that is probably all that it was; I had just never seen one any colour besides white. I live in New Jersey so all the space cadets are to busy in highway traffic jams to be in the skies.

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 03:10 AM
link   
it might be a ufo, but it could still be just a shooting star. if you think about it a shooting star is a (unidentified flying object). Wether or not it was an alien craft or a huge chunk of rock, you'll never know

new topics

top topics

join