It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Documentary questions Michael Moore's tactics

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Looks like Michael Moore got caught BSing. Before people stop reading this I am not a republican, nor a democrat. I don't subscribe to either party these days I think they are both near worthless, but this story brings light to Michael Moore showing only a part truth and hiding major key issue in his documentaries.

Yahoo Link

Documentary questions Moore's tactics

By CHRISTY LEMIRE, AP Movie WriterSun Mar 11, 6:02 PM ET

As documentary filmmakers, Debbie Melnyk and Rick Caine looked up to Michael Moore.

Then they tried to do a documentary of their own about him — and ran into the same sort of resistance Moore himself famously faces in his own films.

The result is "Manufacturing Dissent," which turns the camera on the confrontational documentarian and examines some of his methods. Among their revelations in the movie, which had its world premiere Saturday night at the South by Southwest film festival: That Moore actually did speak with then-General Motors chairman Roger Smith, the evasive subject of his 1989 debut "Roger & Me," but chose to withhold that footage from the final cut.

The husband-and-wife directors spent over two years making the movie, which follows Moore on his college tour promoting 2004's "Fahrenheit 9/11." The film shows Melnyk repeatedly approaching Moore for an interview and being rejected; members of Moore's team also kick the couple out of the audience at one of his speeches, saying they weren't allowed to be shooting there.

At their own premiere Saturday night, the Toronto-based filmmakers expected pro-Moore plants in the audience heckling or trying to otherwise sabotage the screening, but it turned out to be a tame affair.

"It went really well," Melnyk said. "People really liked the film and laughed at the right spots and got the movie and we're really happy about it."

Moore hasn't commented publicly on "Manufacturing Dissent" and Melnyk thinks he never will. He also hasn't responded to several calls and e-mails from The Associated Press.

[edit on 12-3-2007 by Realtruth]

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 08:44 AM
link   
A lot of people have caught on to the Micheal Moore tactics...he is, at times, a blatant liar. Which masks any truths he might stumble upon during the course of his "investigations".

He makes it up as he goes...which is really stupid in my estimation. There's enough questionable things going on in the world for ten thousand documentaries to expose, why does he feel the need to make it up to fit his preconceived notions?

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 08:46 AM
link   
MM is a worthless piece of trash. (Yes, I do claim Republican, and proud of it.)

His "Movies" are probably the best examples of sensationalism and blatant fact changing, interview manipulating, propaganda you can find. I remember back when he had the show "TV Nation" and even back then it was obvious that he was working really hard on the image of being about something. He is an actor who plays an investigator, and the worse thing about it is that people believe him, and those who don't look at other credible film makers like Alex Jones or Aaron Russo in the same negative light as Moore.

I'm sorry for sounding harsh, I just hate that man for so many different reasons its hard to count them all.

new topics

join