It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO sighting, last weekend, Bakersfield CA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Last satuarday(03/03/07) at about 6:30 PM, i was driving south and beyond the buildings i could see 2 lights in the sky. I was annused by this, and shocked, it was still kinda bright out and no stars were in the sky yet. The sky was clear and the objects were about 30 degrees above the horizon. I was at work when this happen, i said "i see 2 objects in the sky" Several other people saw the lights too. Neither of these light blinked, as all commercial aircraft should.

The lights when first noticed were about a thumb length apart, when held out at arms lengh. The 2 lights were of diffrent brightness, the lower one being brighter. THe second one in orientaion to the first was at about 120 degrees, and consideribly less bright then the other.

In my esitmation the object were coming towards me, the second and less bright light began to get further away from the brighter light. I say that i think the objects were getting closer because they getting high in the sky, and the distence between the 2 was getting bigger, but staying puportional with respect to its position with reference to the brighter object. The distence between the objects at last sighting, they were roughtly 8-10 fists apart held at arms length.

There is an airport to the north of the city, planes fly in to this airport very often, but no planes use the flight path that i belive that these objects were in, esspicialy the brigher one, which if i were to give general directions of the 2 objects, i would say the bright object would be moving in a north by north-west motion, starting at were the I-5 goes over the grapevine, for all the native californians. The second light seemed to almost be heading due north.

At aprox 6:45 after the lights had disapeared, i had stoped observing them at about 6:40, a plane flew in from the north-west towards the I-5 at the Grapevine area, this is odd because of the altitude of the planes, and the direction that it came from, the plane was at a very low altitude and i just hadn't seen planes come from that area, bassicly at any given time here you can look up at the sky and see anywhere from 2-5 planes in the sky, in the normal allys for air traffic, this plane was just out of place, as were the two lights observed earlier.

For the craft leaving, im not sure, i went inside, and when i had returned, the people that were observing the light had left, and i had not been able to contact either of the other people that saw the craft with me. It took me some time to post this because i disn;t have internet access for a while and ive been trying to track down the person that would have saw the 2 light depart.

Any questions are welcomed, i took a cell phone pic, but nothing got picked up on the pic, not the greastest sighting, but i felt that it was worth at least letting you people know about i, as there seems to be all kinds of maddness going on in southern California.

[edit on 3/12/2007 by TKainZero]

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKainZero
Any questions are welcomed, i took a cell phone pic, but nothing got picked up on the pic, not the greastest sighting, but i felt that it was worth at least letting you people know about i, as there seems to be all kinds of maddness going on in southern California.

Hi TKainZero,

If you still have the cell phone pic' can you please post it so we can all have a look.

There are some very talented ATS members who can further analyse the image.

sanc

edit: grammar

[edit on 12-3-2007 by sanctum]

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Keep looking and never give up trying to get pictures.

With the fires and earthquakes that have been going on you might get to see more activity in that area.

I know pictures aren't as easy as people seem to think they are.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 01:20 PM
link   
The pic wasw completly worthless, it would only be a waste of space and time to uplaod the pic of a blue sky, all pixieled.

This is nothing more then just a report, info, just letting all of the good folk on here know that there was at least one more sighting in the greater southern california area.

I can vividly remember the events, and location, but its not the best sighting ever, and now i am takeing the initiative to get a camera that is good, and would be aable to take a decent shot.

Any one recomend a good camera at a college student budget?

new topics

top topics

join