It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Halliburton Moves HQ from Houston to Dubai

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 03:25 AM
link   
There are comments running on Drudge.

A few points ...most trivia. They've renamed Halliburton to Al-Iburton.

[edit on 15-3-2007 by khunmoon]

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Okay, then. I think we're done here. This was a good discussion. Thanks to all for participating.

*goes to bunker*

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 08:05 AM
link   
I havent read the whole thread, but wow!!! Avoiding American Taxes, eh?

Prosecution maybe? I'm surprised they didnt move it to Paraguay.

The amount of money they have profited from is obscene...I'd be a little antsy myself.

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 09:36 AM
link   
My first thought when I saw this news, something might happen that makes US homesoil less secure in the future. After all, they probably know the script.

Their anticipation might likely be a lot of oil installations will be destroyed in the region they move to.

It's not only about the tax heaven, but also about the no-scrutiny, no-costume thing which shields against inspections and questions, that Dubai is build upon.

You know Halliburton is said to push other things than oil installations and prefabricated detention camps through their worldwide network.

A free-port system comes very handy for Halliburton, I think.
(I posted some links earlier about free-port Dabai)

[edit to add link]
Oops, good I did. Seems it was wrong url. OK found the correct one now.
The Bush-Cheney Drug Empire

P.S. If any MOD SEES THIS, PLEASE Edit the Link in post on pg 3, pid 3026435, with same text as here. Please replace the url with the one in this link.

[edit on 15-3-2007 by khunmoon]

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Here is the link about smuggling in Dubai, virtual and effective set up to by pass US embargoes and restrictions, which a story in the article told.

It's about high-speed electrical switches used in medical devices to break up kidney stones, devices that via middlemen traveled from the manufacturer in Salem, Mass., and according to the export declaration to be shipped to their ultimate destination in Cape Town, South Africa via Dubai.

They didn't go further than Dubai, for all at a sudden they were to be reexported from. Lot of goods in transit does that, gets redirected and -like in this case- ends up in Pakistan, but it could be Iran or any-other Rourke state in the neighbourhood.

Remember it's free-trade-, non-regulated no-inspection-zone. It's fast becoming playground for the very, very rich, the article say.

Trading is what makes up half the GDP in Dubai, with a few embargo-stricken countries in the region. Besides they have war, the far most lucrative of man's doings.

www.forbes.com...

Hewlett-Packard, Dell and Microsoft, among many other U.S. companies, keep Dubai offices and are favorites these days among Iranian traders in Dubai. Reason? Strong demand for "anything high-tech for military or oil services," says Bolurfrushan of the Iranian Business Council.

Damn me if Halliburton haven't got their niece in the possible-weapons-parts business.

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
I'm surprised they didnt move it to Paraguay.

I'm sure that they already have the paraguay operation up and running, by now.

They are prepared for stage 2.

[edit on 16-3-2007 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I was wondering if there is anything Congress can do. Is it illegal for a foreign company that doesn’t pay US taxes to win any defense contracts? If not it should be.

My guess is it isn’t otherwise they wouldn’t be moving to Dubya… I mean Dubai.

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Found this video on the correlation between stockprice and deathtoll.

number of iraq casualties and halliburton stock

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I agree with what dawnstar said, back on page 2 of this thread. The host is dry, and the fat ugly tick has cast itself into the bushes to avoid being crushed to death when the beast hits the dirt.

:shk:

This is one of those great issues that people love to make about Red and Blue, Democrat and Republican - but it just doesn't seem relevant.

We're talking about business here, and business loves both parties. To think otherwise is to disregard decades of evidence.

They're moving their headquarters to make subpoenas and searches more difficult, and to aid in the concealment of records when it comes time to explain how they bilked the government (with the help of revolving door cronies) out of billions.

Taxpayers of ALL political persuasions, should be FURIOUS about the four-hundred dollar hammers, the twenty-thousand dollar mini-fridges, the twenty dollar ice cube trays (2000% markup), the ninety dollar coffee pot (400% markup), and the list goes on...

seattletimes.nwsource.com...

Let's all thank the Defense Logistics Agency.

Defense contractors have had us over a barrel so long, we've forgotten what it's like to stand up and look around.

:shk:

Stop defending 'your' guys, and start defending your OWN interests, America...

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Someone in the SOS thread mentioned this story and so I searched and found this thread.

It deserves a bump and some updating by anybody interested in doing so.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Why is this relevant again? I'm not asking to be a jerk, I'm asking because I don't know why this thread got bumped. Especially after reading Bush era rhetoric thinking it was modern day and wanting to bang my head against the wall.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join