It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Halliburton Moves HQ from Houston to Dubai

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 07:02 AM
link   
...It seems a discussion should be more than just a post from each person. Interchange is part of discussion, but on the subject...

What's coming is NOTHING NEW!!

Haliburton is like Nabisco is like Proctor and Gamble is like any other American or International Company.

Their primary goal is to turn a profit for their shareholders. It just so turns out that their shareholders have put billions of American dollars in Haliburton.

If I were on a sailboat and I invited a few guests and their pets, the ones with cats and dogs wouldn't cause me much grief. But the guests who brought along their llamas and their baby elephants would. Sailing would not be smooth.

Imagine Haliburton as the American company who is sailing along with the rest and they've brought on board their baby brontosaurus. Try tacking into the wind with that one!

All I'm saying is, regardless of the peril the world is in because of big oil, we have to allow for its displacement.

Newtron - out.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Let me understand,

A company making billions of the slaughter of muslims, in a arab country... is relocated to a middle eastern country.

Could you be more stupid>

they are going to be a target, plain and simple....

then again, KBR is said to have a small army. maybe they want this, so they have reason to lash out at the attackers?

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Well, about KBR, Kellog, Brown & Root, I can tell you, they are known to have installations, doing constructions along all the major drug peddling routes, be it a coincidence or... you decide.

Fact is, during the Vietnam war they made their fortune, (it was only Brown & Root then) and they became infamous as Burn & Loot.

I have the link somewhere, from a dubious website, so if you don't believe this, you won't belive that either.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Do I hear sour grapes from you guys?

Go out and invest 300 million of your own money and when you've made your first 10 Billion dollars, I'll let you know if you're committing genocide or not.

That is if I can get by the secretary.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I'm not sure that I'd call what I read here "sour grapes." Outrage. That would be the right word. For all the reasons given, I think the majority of posters here are outraged.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by newtron25

Originally posted by Hal9000

Originally posted by turnblom79
This is not greed, this is capitalism at work.

That is not capitalism, that is a monopoly.

There are two edges to the sword. And I'm not referring to a scimitar.

Big oil is as much a utility as nuclear power or coal conversion. Whether or not it's politically correct, clean, or right...unfortunately the U.S. (meaning Americans) have found ourselves here.

This is true, but isn’t that the fault of our leaders who are short sighted and have no energy policy? You speak of companies like Halliburton as a necessary evil which may be true, but that doesn’t justify illegal activity and no bid contracts.

If they would simply follow the law other companies could compete and that is where capitalism thrives. Supporting companies like Halliburton only hurts our country and now that they are moving that means they will be tax exempt and that means less income for the government. How is this good for the country?

As for the rest of your post, imagine how much further we would along to a solution if the 500 billion dollars spent on the Iraq war was spent on developing alternative fuels and conservation.

BTW, a scimitar only has one edge.

Cheers.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 11:08 AM
link   
The white intelligence now reports that the reason Haliburton has moved its HQ to Dubai is in preparation for a Terror attack in Texas which will be blamed on Iran...the source of this breaking news is the underground white intelligence network here.

cloakanddagger.de...

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 11:27 AM
link   

This news is just more of the same from a company that continuously defies sanctions on countries that the US is trying to pressure by using offshore subsidiaries.

[My guess is that this move is to evade taxes and working under US law. Mark my words.

[edit on 3/12/2007 by Hal9000]

My guess is that the move is to evade all the liberal anti-business, anti-U.S. eco-nuts currently infesting the U.S. It's a shame to have to, but why not move to a place where they are more friendly to business?

San Francisco is another example of this in action. They tax and regulate businesses to death there, and then cry when a company decides to leave.

Just stupid ...

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by newtron25 May I suggest that rather than replying in the immediate fashion of caring for your comfort by flaming Americans (in which case...you are wrong. Americans are not stupid. They simply are too busy either trying to solve problems or run up debt, go figure.) that you being the uber-intelligent national that you are - start working on your own back yard.

I see a lawn gnome that needs a few weeds pulled from around its feet.

Go pull them yourself you so called middle class, middle management, example of American mediocrity with perfect lawns and peaceful gated communities. I do the same things you do, get up every morning, get the kids ready for school, go to work, come home and do paperwork, eat dinner, go to bed. I don't have time for you or your kind bacause I am a slave to the machine, just like you!

If I am opposed to British (article v section 4) rule everyone that supports it gats flamed, uberman or not!

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
My guess is that the move is to evade all the liberal anti-business, anti-U.S. eco-nuts currently infesting the U.S. It's a shame to have to, but why not move to a place where they are more friendly to business?

So you’re blaming the move on the liberals? That's classic. It was the republicans that opened up all the free trade for a global economy right? Now it’s impossible for an American company to compete within the US and you blame it on the liberals?

You guys kill me.

It is the republicans that are allowing no bid contracts. It is the republicans that are not investigating Halliburton for overcharges. It is illegal and unfair to other American companies. Sheesh.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

So you’re blaming the move on the liberals? That's classic. It was the republicans that opened up all the free trade for a global economy right? Now it’s impossible for an American company to compete within the US and you blame it on the liberals?

You guys kill me.

It is the republicans that are allowing no bid contracts. It is the republicans that are not investigating Halliburton for overcharges. It is illegal and unfair to other American companies. Sheesh.

I did not say "excuse Haliburton", I meant "indict those responsible for letting Haliburton exist."

Kudos.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by newtron25
I did not say "excuse Haliburton", I meant "indict those responsible for letting Haliburton exist."

Sorry if I misunderstood.

Kudos.

Back at ya.

I just realized the stock exchange name for Halliburton is HAL.

I may have to change my name.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 09:25 PM
link   
No extradition treaty with USA

Halliburton's execs, and it's ill gotten gains would be untouchable...basically the same reason Michael Jackson moved to Bahrain.

If forced retirement should become a viable consideration for Cheney as a result of heat from Libby probe, Dubai would provide safe haven, and Halliburton would provide a job. However, if the onslaught congressional probes begins to unravel other areas of criminal wrong doing...I think he heads for the Bush ranch in Paraguay.

Peace &
Good Fortune
OBE1

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 09:44 PM
link   
It is simple and quite brilliant really. Move the company overseas after you have milked the American tax payer dry, this way you avoid having to pay taxes on all of those huge profits being raked in off of the backs of our dead and wounded soldiers AND you avoid the inevitable prosecution that will be demanded once the American citizens truly realize how badly they have been robbed and duped and over billed to the tune of BILLIONS of dollars in bogus phantom projects and unfulfilled contracts in Iraq. Once that tab gets called in I wouldn't want to be within choking distance either

You can almost picture a jubilant Dick Cheney, cigar wedged between his lips, grinning ear to ear, dancing a jig to Steve Miller's "Take the Money and Run"

Good old Halliburton - I guess when you are the only whore in town you don't have to be pretty OR cheap

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Hal,
I just added you to my friends... always liked to have friends on the stock market.

If anyone want to follow the trail of KBR, Kellogg, Brown & Root, formerly Brown & Root, here's the link I mentioned earlier.

The Bush-Cheney Drug Empire from a thread I did questioning Is WOT financed by drugs?

[edit on 13-3-2007 by khunmoon]

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 06:36 AM
link   
It's like trying to collect whale poop from the bottom of the sea.

Haliburton is so far beyond affect by protest or political action that the only thing left to do is wait until it implodes under the weight of larger, global forces.

In that regard, you could do something by putting efforts into conservation, alternative energy, and possibly buying a good pair of sneakers or a bicycle.

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 06:39 AM
link   
"The rats are starting to abandon the sinking ship."

Indeed. The US empire isn't long for this world.

Dubai. one of the most capitalist little collony i have ever seen. It's like they purposely waste money though. It makes me wonder who is really in control.

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 06:45 AM
link   
I'm not sure that this is a wasted conversation. Nor is it wasted outrage. A lot of people are comng to this issue for the very first time. to be truely enraged--and sufficiently motivated to action--one must be better informed.

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Quantity is not always the answer to an analytical problem.

The quality of data is also a factor. In the case of Haliburton, because of the juggernaut status it retains and the nature of politics and how the mechanics of the situation will offer even the most connected individual a segmented perspective...

Unfortunately Justin, the genesis of this problem is exceedingly complex and in some cases (as you may akin to other situations like losing a quarter at a theme park or locating a drop of blood in a a large salt-water lake) is worthy of patience before ardent effort.

I'm not saying outrage is not called for. So is temperance.

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 01:38 AM
link   
This news item seems to have lost steam. Anyone got fresh news sources? If not, we might just be done here.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join