It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghillie suit

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Ive ran around the bush looking like choobaca for a few years now and have had EXCELLENT results on the stalk. I was curious what others thought about utilizing a ghillie suit? Anyone have negative experiences with it? Besides the benefit of hunting its also good for avoiding detection. Your thoughts?

- NSBiz

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 10:01 AM
link   
it's hot it's stinks after a few hours and did I mention its really hot. Other then that if its done right and you can hold still long enough it in my opinion is the best way to remain undetected from convential observation.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I was looking as military equipment on a website about 2 years ago, they were selling to the military a ghillie suit for 3-6 THOUSAND USD, I went to the MANUFACTURERS website and found it for 400 USD or lower, the EXACT SAME SUIT! None the less: ghillie suits are not too smart to run around in, in my state, hotter than heck in the summer. In the winter though if you could get one, way to go, keep warm and not be seen.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Just remember to make your own...

It is one of the first skills learned in Scout Sniper School and is akin to a Jedi making his Lightsaber...

You will get much better results and of course one can match it to their particular surroundings...

Semper

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 01:56 AM
link   
^ yep, its a lot cheaper and you get exactly what you want.

Do a search on the net I'm sure there are instructions on building your own. Its a great project for your spare time.

- NSBiz

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Here's an article on how to build your own ghillie suit.

Build a ghillie suit yourself

- NSBiz

top topics

join