It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

German Man Chainsaws House in Two in Divorce Split

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 12:46 AM
link   
The title says it all.

I wonder how many people have felt like doing this while going through a divorce. The only difference is, is that this German guy actually did it, then picked up his half of the house with a forklift and moved.

German Man Chainsaws House in Two in Divorce Split

BERLIN (Reuters Life!) - A 43-year-old German decided to settle his imminent divorce by chainsawing a family home in two and making off with his half in a forklift truck.

Police in the eastern town of Sonneberg said on Friday the trained mason measured the single-storey summer house -- which was some 8 meters (26 feet) long and 6 meters wide -- before chainsawing through the wooden roof and walls.

"The man said he was just taking his due," said a police spokesman. "But I don't think his wife was too pleased."

After finishing the job, the man picked up his half with the forklift truck and drove to his brother's house where he has since been staying.

I guess it wasn't a very "friendly" divorce.

Apparently at the time this article was written, the authorities had no problems with him taking his "half" of the house.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Dang straight. Man I felt like doing the same thing with a van when I was going through my divorce.

I guess he might not have been arrested because he owned the house. I don't know but last time I checked it's not a crime to destroy something you own

I would have loved to see the look on his ex wifes face when she came home to half a house.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Haha... Thanks for the laugh. It truly is the best medicine. I want to see a picture of the wife's face!!!

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
Dang straight. Man I felt like doing the same thing with a van when I was going through my divorce.

I guess he might not have been arrested because he owned the house. I don't know but last time I checked it's not a crime to destroy something you own

I would have loved to see the look on his ex wifes face when she came home to half a house.

Omg, that's awful and hilarious.

I've never heard of anything like this. How do you carry half a house with a FORKLIFT? Thanks for sharing.

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Anyone ever see the movie "War of the Roses"? with Michael Douglas and Kathleen Turner, if you haven't rent it. Talk about ultimately funny and vicious divorce. There are some really funny parts in this movie. I gave it a 9 in my book out of 10.

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 10:15 PM
link   
That was some good stuff. Very creative; I am pleased by such actions. Very ingenious way to end a divorce; and a nice bar story too for years to come.

It is after all an engineers way of handling a divorce. As a future engineer myself I would never have thought of something like this.

There seems to be a video here.
www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Realtruth
Anyone ever see the movie "War of the Roses"? with Michael Douglas and Kathleen Turner, if you haven't rent it. Talk about ultimately funny and vicious divorce. There are some really funny parts in this movie. I gave it a 9 in my book out of 10.

I agree, Realtruth. I gave "War of the Roses" a 10 out of 10 rating.

[edit on 23-4-2007 by carnival_of_souls2047]

new topics

top topics

join