It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who are the most powerful organized crime "gang" right now?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
If no one has already stated it: The United States Federal Government.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by racerzeke
Are the Gambinos still up and running?

Also who do you think would win in a fight: Russian Mafia now or the Gambinos 10-15 years ago?

You know, up until this statement, I was considering this to be a serious thread. Jeeze. Thanks a lot!

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
For those of you that mentioned the CIA, I'm reminded of the scene in The Good Shepherd where Matt Damon's character is talking with Joe Pesci's character Joe Palmi, who I originally thought was supposed to be a portrayal of Meyer Lansky but later found out it was actually Santo Trafficante, and Pesci says to Damon "You're the guys that scare me. You're the people that make big wars."

If you believe the CIA and other intelligence agencies control a majority of the world's drug trade, then it has to be them. They have the intelligence to wipe out any of these so-called street gangs on a whim. Look what they did to Pablo Escobar.

Peace

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Not counting the CIA, the Italian Mafia is the most powerful and influential syndicate in the US at this time. A century of cultivating political and business connections means they have infiltrated almost every aspect of North American life. A lot of their income, if not most, now comes from legitimate business.

The Colombian Ochoa Family, of which Escobar was an 'underboss' (I don't think the patriarch, Fabio Ochoa, ever was implicated in anything. Now that's power), made more money in a shorter period of time than the Italians ever dreamed of. Solely from the importation of coc aine.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   
The strongest orginize crime unit is the juarez cartel in mexico.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   
The 13 Bloodlines, including Bush, Rockefeller, Rothechildes and all the other families. They're the worst crime family going.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Screw MS-13

Screw Bloods

FU** THE MONGOL NATION

You guys have to be ignorant to think that the government assists orgonized crime.

The people you should be scared of are people you probably never see.
The riders of the night, and they wear red and white.

The mafia has nothing to do with the government except for the fact that the feds like to take our pictures. Some you people on this websight are a little too bent on conspiracy to see whats really going on... Crime is crime because they DON'T want us doing it... They dont assist it.... you guys are nuts.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   
The most powerful organized crime "gang" right now is the group of international bankers that own the world. The Warburgs, Rothschilds, Morgans, Rockefellers, etc......most of the names escape me at the moment. There are about 9 families I believe.

They run the FED. HELLO! What are there 300 private shareholders in the FED? You see, the FED is not a Federally run organization. Does that make sense?

edit to add: This Cabal above, the international bankers, make the real "mafia" or the old real mafia (when they had some power), look like a bunch of boyscouts!

[edit on 28-6-2008 by Excitable_Boy]

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   
the mexican mafia

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
the mexican mafia is the most powerful gang
a lot of the gang members are in jail but they still control oder gangs
and the make them sell their drugs and if they refuse to do it they'll kill them
they make a lot of money to even if they are in jail

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I have a question....................is your gripe with America in general, the Bush administration, Republicans as a whole or what? Not saying I don’t think that America is going the wrong way or that there isn’t a strong conspiracy underlying most anything. But if your thought is the Democratic Party is superior or more right then that is whacked to say the least.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   
International bankers are a good choice. I'll still go with Bush crime family/ business cartels just because they are so in you face (and pocket) about it.

IB is more like the biggest scam of all time.

Both suck for sure, I like the old Mafia better. They at least had some rules and a code of honor.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

WOW! Someone made an educated post on gang activity and someone who has watched Conspiracy Theory or The Bourne Identity one to many times had to throw in a comment. The CIA is overseen by multiple facets of the goverment and layers of bureaucracy that jocky for postion and would exploit criminal activity in a heartbeat. However, as far as "gangs" go I believe that groups such as MS13 are more dangerous in a volitile sense, where mob type groups are more dangerous in terms of scale and lasting impact.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
The CIA hands down is the most dangerous, well financed, and sophisticated organized crime organization in the history of the world. Most crime organizations affect their own countries, but the crimes perpetrated by the CIA touch people worldwide.

You beat me to it Argh!

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 02:54 AM
link   
C.I.A. (Cocaine Importing Agency)
funded by U.S. taxpayers

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Officially? Its Cobra of course!

Seriously though at least in the US, the Five Families and The Commission of the Cosa Nostra are the most powerful "criminal" syndicate.

Unofficially there is some really scary networking and joint projects involving Cosa Nostra, the Vatican Bank, former Stay Behind Operations Cells, unaffiliated masonic lodges(not recognized by any Grand Lodge), various shells, fronts and elements of the Intelligence community that I might call "The Power Behind the Throne" or the Grey Eminence.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 04:15 AM
link   
the MS 13 is the big dog

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 04:15 AM
link   
the MS 13 is the big dog

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Everyone knows the Russian mafia is the biggest and strongest right now in the whole world. After disbanding of the soviet union it spread all across europe and controls most of the major traffic for just about every illegal activity you can imagine from England down to Hungary, Turkey and Israel.
In the U.S. too it's now on par or even more powerful than the fallen italian mobs especially in the north east where I'd say russian mafia is the strongest i.e. in its capital of brighton beach, ny.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by racerzeke

Heres your answer

NATO

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join