It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

From Anonymous Posts: Blackbird sighting???????????

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Original Anonymous Post By: anon_102563
This anonymous post is in response to ATS thread: From Anonymous Posts: Blackbird sighting???????????

Im actually a member of ats i'm on another computer at the moment and can't remember my password but, I thought i read somewere that 1 or 2 are still used in airshows. They could have been on their way thier

Went on the Anonymous board to find the orig thread etc and found this. All i can say man if your reading this create a new account then and get on here and let us know the story so we can really understand you have the attention of at least 4-5 of the more experinced guys/gals on this forum.

[edit on 22/08/06 by Canada_EH]

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 09:07 PM
link   
If you wanna get some info there are a couple of airshows comming up.. usually at edwards they have a Blackbird on static display. u might even get to talk to a pilot. If you get a cool pilot he is a little bit easier to talk to.. he wont disclose classified information, but im sure he could hint if the blackbird was still flying.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 10:33 PM
link   
There wont be a Blackbird on display at the next Edwards air show. In fact, I hear they probably wont have a show this year, unfortunately.

I'm pretty well connected in the Blackbird community and I'm telling you, all the Blackbirds are retired. The infrastructure to operate them is gone. There's not much about them that is even classified anymore except the defensive avionics systems.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I have a book that explains most of the declassified material.

home1.gte.net...
i was just looking at the airshow website and they took off Edwards. you jinxed it !!! Well im off to Nellis ,Maramar and Point Mugu.
Im gonna be making some trips up to the desert to see if i can see any aircraft flying. I might not see crap, but i wont know till i go see.

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 09:37 PM
link   
was told by a co worker that there is an airplane based on the 71 he said 77 has the same shape but newer powerplants that make it go like mach 4 or 5 he said it has newer systems but looks just like the old one more info on it i would like be glad to know thanks .

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Since "it" happened, I have from time to time searched the net for information regarding what I witnessed three years ago over the quiet, E. Tennessee valley in which I live and it was this latest search that led me to this site. With all respect, it is mainly for the benefit of any other confirmation seeking witnesses that I share the following:
Our little valley was overflown fairly often during the ramp up to the US mission in Iraq by jets as well as cargo planes but, what I heard that late July 2007 afternoon was like nothing I'd heard before. I ran out of my studio and stood on the edge of the porch with my mouth agape watching it fly, low and slow, directly overhead. I had no idea what it was but I marvelled at it's form; it's fuselage seemed to stretch on forever and then, those strange wings that echoed Batman's cape. The flat black finish added to it's ominous yet graceful, presence that seemed to own earth and sky. I watched til it nosed up slightly, tipped each wing and disappeared over the ridge. It gave me chills and left me completely awestruck. Even though I didn't know what it was, I knew it was something spectacular and immediately began to research and identify it as the SR 71 Blackbird. Can I prove it? No. Nor will I ever know why I received the good grace to see it that day, but I did and I will never forget it.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Lucky lucky you!!
The Blackbird has always been my favorite aircraft and IMO the
most strikingly beautiful!!
Wish you could have gotten pics/vid of your sighting...

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by SmokeyDawn

Thank you for your comment. Lucky, is indeed how I feel as I've often wondered about the odds of such a sighting. In retrospect, I agree that having gotten photos would have been very, nice, so I comfort myself with the questioning thought that in this age of photoshop, apart from those who know me, how much validity would be granted them anyway? That, and that frankly, had it occurred to me at the time to go back inside for a camera, I'm not sure that I would, or even could, have taken my eyes off of that magnificent bird!

Regards

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join