It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Place your bets ladies an gentlemen...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2002 @ 11:02 AM
link   
How long will it be before the mods and admins on this forum actually support any conspiracy theories, and how much evidence will it take?

posted on Nov, 21 2002 @ 12:10 PM
link   
What an inane question.

By what basis do you categorize the moderators and administrators of Above Top Secret as unsupportive of any conspiracy theories?

posted on Nov, 21 2002 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Almost no time at all, if you've got credible evidence. If you've got "woo-woo" evidence, then it's going to take a very long time.

Something like this Muslim conspiracy :
story.news.yahoo.com.../nm/200 21114/wl_nm/france_terror_arrests_dc_1

Or whether this police officer was trying to make himself a hero by setting up a false conspiracy :
story.news.yahoo.com.../ap/20021 114/ap_wo_en_po/us_oklahoma_city_1

Or this one on the collusion of a rap musician and some of his buddies to kill another rap musician (and is there a gang within the rap music world that is plotting for control by "offing" the competition):
story.news.yahoo.com.../nm/2002111 5/people_nm/crime_hiphop_dc_10

But if you're going to take stuff on face value like Jim Hickman did and not investigate further, then you can bet that the mods and senior members are going to thwap your notion with a stick:

Jim Hickman Makes A Fool Of Himself On National Radio

[Edited on 21-11-2002 by Byrd]

posted on Nov, 25 2002 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Why didn't they pay attention when I had a fox news report, the URL to the deleted story on the Fox News website, Washington Post articles, Fox News transcripts, NewsMax stories etc and still I got no interest. And all they do is mock rather than look into anything properly and constructively. TC comes out with quotes like "This is typical liberal hyperbole". How the F*ck did he get to mod? William just rejects things off hand. Simon is never even online any more. WHAT THE HELL HAS HAPPENED TO THIS SITE!!!???

posted on Nov, 25 2002 @ 09:48 AM
link   
F.D.
why are you looking for validation from people you don't seem to respect.

Williams just a person.
The only thing that makes him different from us is he has the ability to delete posts members and move threads.

he didn't delete your conspiracy he simply didn't agree with it. you don't seem to like him very much so why bother giving a flying f*ck what he thinks about anything.

I certainly don't.

whingeing that a mod isn't paying you enough respect simply inflates their over inflated sense of their own importance.

post what you want. some people will listen and some wont and if you really need a mod to make you feel validated just say to yourself.

"do I really need the respect of somone who's life is so utterly uninteresting that they have to make themselves feel powerfull by agreeing to moderate a wacked out x files forum full of deeply paranoid internet geeks"

usually works for me.

posted on Nov, 25 2002 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lupe_101

"do I really need the respect of somone who's life is so utterly uninteresting that they have to make themselves feel powerfull by agreeing to moderate a wacked out x files forum full of deeply paranoid internet geeks"

So why are you here Lupe ? You have an extremely closed mind, which is a shame as you'll be kept in the dark for a long time.

posted on Nov, 25 2002 @ 10:11 AM
link   
ahhhh.
obviously your first experience with the joys of self depricating irony.

regardless.
I have a very open mind Mad.
I'm willing to discuss most topics in fact somwhere on here theres a thread where I've actually discussed vampires.

what I won't do is accept the ravings of people who believe that TYPING IN CAPITAL LETTERS PROVES ELVIS CAME FROM NEPTUNE!!!

posted on Nov, 25 2002 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lupe_101

usually works for me.

Lupe, what 'cha drinking - the first round is on me, ok?

posted on Nov, 25 2002 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Why does anyone expect that the staff of this website should believe every conspiracy that is presented here? What you perceive to be debunking and harsh skepticism is nothing more than the impatience of the experienced.

A fair number of the staff here (myself included) has been active in these topics since long before they became popularized in movies, TV, and literature. The current crop of "Conspiracies Kiddies" weaned on X-Files and other works of fiction who believe "anything as long as someone turned it into a website" can be exceptionally frustrating. Back in the '80's, most political conspiracy researchers were indeed skeptics, applying scientific method to the small bits of available data. Today, any lunatic can put anything on a website, making the data overwhelming, causing a catastrophic signal-to-noise ratio.

There is no joy in debunking. It's merely part of the process, and those with a thicker skin tend to understand that.

posted on Nov, 25 2002 @ 12:18 PM
link   
"Today, any lunatic can put anything on a website, making the data overwhelming, causing a catastrophic signal-to-noise ratio."

Ain't it the truth...

Like 70% or 80% of the conspiracy sites are like that...

posted on Nov, 25 2002 @ 06:46 PM
link   
TC comes out with quotes like "This is typical liberal hyperbole".

F-D, I don't think I've ever used the word "hyperbole" and only knew how to spell it by copying it from your text!

new topics

top topics

join