It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Propaganda, American Style : Our Era The Age Of Orwell

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 07:57 PM
link   
A few month's back I got interested in the move 1984 by George Orwell and finally found a copy of it, for there was so much talk about it I watched the movie and asked myself is this what is really what the world is coming to?

Here's a good article on how we are being controlled by design.

Link : www.zpub.com...

Please post you opinions,
thanks

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 07:46 PM
link   
"Using recordings of children's voices will make it harder for those in opposition to the surveillance society to be defiant of the talking cameras. Moonies and rude gestures will most definitely be a no-no."

What is this what I read above ? Using children to make people to not question the authority ?

infowars.net...

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Much science-fiction writing (and i recommend 1984 as a read not just as a film) offers a look at the future. In particular our near future. 1984 is but one example, I see us societally as having already surpassed Orwell. I now find greater parallels in Philip K Dicks body of work, Flow my Tears the Policeman said, is an excellent example. Similarly we are seeing elements of Gibson, a combination of Neuromancer and his later work, All Tommorrows Parties. Some science-fiction is without substance. Much of it takes us far beyond the realms of our own imagination and is visionary. These three are excellent examples. For Orwell it is not so much Big Brother, but the automation, administrative bureaucracy and the subesquent limitation of our life choices. We have seen this. Dick examines more totalitarian means of social compliance and in my opinion the man was a genius of vision. Concepts of victimless crime, bureaucratic policing, identification chips....and a really good read with it.

new topics

join