It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Online Social Networking Comes To AboveTopSecret.com

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I'd like to point out that I only apply the "respected foe" tag to users who's opinions I respect, but wholeheartedly disagree with. If someone can make a decent argument for their point, then they are likely going to make it onto my foes list. If they can't make a decent argument and are just spouting BS, I just pay them no mind.

It's funny, but I'd consider it more of an honor to make it onto my foes list than my friends list.

I still love my friends though.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
It's funny, but I'd consider it more of an honor to make it onto my foes list than my friends list.

It is certainly a great pat on the back. I've been hesistant to add some so far, as I feared it may come across as a slap in the face, rather than on the back. Although I have added lombozo, because frankly, I know he can handle it.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420

I sent a U2U to my respected foes to this effect. It's easier to get on my friend's list than to get on my foe's list. Because to be in a position to disagree with me an still make me think, without making me an enemy, is a high honor, indeed.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Yikes! No matter whose profile I look at, if I click the FOE button, I get to see MY profile!! ( It goes to my profile page if I hit the Friend button as well....wheew, I was getting a bit worried.......) I'm guessing that will sort itself out.

Or am I doing something amiss??

Looks good, but now I need to author some new threads.....

[edit on 13-3-2007 by frayed1]

[edit on 13-3-2007 by frayed1]

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 04:14 PM
link   
It's just with the formatting though, and I sent that to the complains forum. I tried editing the formatting URL to add a name to my friends list because I couldn't add friends by clicking the "my friend" button so I did that, and after adding the name to the friend= then after that I managed to get them added to my list of friends wtihout even having to click on the "my friend" button. However I would like it if you made sure that you disallow that function from being used to create error with invalid usernames so that people don't add XYZ123 to their friends list. That wouldn't work well or make sense.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maverickhunter
I sent that to the complains forum.

Yes, we got it thanks. No need to report it in both places.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 04:58 PM
link   
no I think it works right, it takes you to your home page true. Except now your friend or foe list has been updated. If that what you guys are talking about.

[edit on 13/3/2007 by Sauron]

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I don't know if this has been pointed out, but I keep seeing double comments, is there a known reason?

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 11:25 AM
link   
This is the coolest new toy I have gotten in ages!

I am having more fun with ATS than ever!

Thanks!

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by apex
I keep seeing double comments

Where? You shouldn't be seeing them.

We also just added a list of your recently tagged threads to your profiles.

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I think it's the same reason people post double posts sometimes on the regular board.

[edit on 14/3/2007 by enjoies05]

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Originally posted by apex
I keep seeing double comments

Where? You shouldn't be seeing them.

I had 2 in succession on my own profile space, I've seen others though, I just don't remember where.
The blank one is one I tried to delete (by getting rid of the text_.

I've never made a double post, so no idea how I managed this.

[edit on 14-3-2007 by apex]

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Might be some kind of bug.

I just tried to post a comment on asala's page but nothing showed up, so I posted in again, but nothing came up. It'll probably show up later as a double post - sorry asala

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 02:41 PM
link   
0-0 i think my page may have just hit the limit lol,

comments to my page are not getting through but i can leave them for others,

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Looks that way. I just tried posting on your profile and it didn't take.
Maybe there is some missing code that would take us to page two?

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Looks like this prediction was right:

Djarums wrote:
Hmm... 60 friends already... I'm willing to bet that asala causes this whole thing to crash...

Why am I not surprised?
I had wondered if there would be an addition to make a different page of comments appear or something like that.

[edit on 14-3-2007 by apex]

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Asala that happen to me with the list of friend . . . It got so long it wasn't taking them anymore, but after trying a couple of times I got more in it.

I tell you I never have felt so closer to my friend here in ATS since the new feature, I spend time going over the comments to make sure I don't miss anybody.

But now I am spending less time in the posting.

I am becoming a profile addict.

Now if I can get my hand on the cool postcards that are circulation around in the profiles, some of them are truly amazing and very original.

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 02:52 PM
link   
OK, I can not add anymore friends now, does somebody knows if we have a limit?

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 02:55 PM
link   
There should be no limit on friends.

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
OK, I can not add anymore friends now, does somebody knows if we have a limit?

I duplicated your friends list to my profile, and could add new ones just fine.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join