It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Online Social Networking Comes To AboveTopSecret.com

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Uh, something just happened and all my friends were replaced with my foes. In other words, my foes are listed in both places. I tried clearing out the foes by clicking on the red asterisk (like for topics), but that doesn't seem to do anything.

Can you fix this please. And I hope this problem isn't also generating emails to these people ...

thanks.

[edit on 3/12/2007 by centurion1211]

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I cant edit my birthday in my profile??

How can I edit it?

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 03:46 PM
link   
S.O this is awesome, you have outdone yourself once again.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
I cant edit my birthday in my profile??

How can I edit it?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Ahhh never would have looked there! Thanks a bunch Chissler.

*This is not a 1 line post*

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Friends list questions

1. Anyone know how you can remove a member from the friends list without making them a foe? Just in case my stance changes to a more neutral one in the future.

2. Can the list be alphabetized, so it doesn't look like they are prioritized in a who I clicked first order?

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Regenmacher
Friends list questions

1. Anyone know how you can remove a member from the friends list without making them a foe? Just in case my stance changes to a more neutral one in the future.

2. Can the list be alphabetized, so it doesn't look like they are prioritized in a who I clicked first order?

1. There should be a little red X by the friend's name in your profile, it should remove the friend.

2. I asked that too

[edit on 3/12/2007 by djohnsto77]

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77

Originally posted by Regenmacher
Friends list questions

2. I asked that too

This is not a biggie imo, it's whose posts you came across first and added to your "friends" or "foes" list.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 05:13 PM
link   
We have a "friends" list... And a "respected foes" list... I was wondering... Can we get a ... well, you know... a 'crap' list?
There's a few people who are on mine and I'd just like to make it known.

JUST KIDDING!!!

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 05:16 PM
link   

1. There should be a little red X by the friend's name in your profile, it should remove the friend.

Hmmm, me no see a red X and I checkum with Firefox and IE.

You gottem Opera?

Me confused, tracks runeth cold.

[edit on 12-3-2007 by Regenmacher]

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Hmm...I don't see one either now.

They were there last night

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 05:19 PM
link   
There was a little red x near to them earlier, but there isn't now, strange.

Edit, djohnsto77 beat me to it. Oh well.

[edit on 12-3-2007 by apex]

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I am still trying to decide if I like the little green & red tags that are evident above our member names, to indicate whether or not they are our friend or foe. Personally, I always appreciated how "tidy" the member area was. Not really sure what I feel at this point, but I am sure by the time I decide, I will of adjusted.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Hmm...I don't see one either now.

They were there last night

Okay thanks...me peace pipe not spiked with wacky tabacky then.

[edit on 12-3-2007 by Regenmacher]

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Some people I had to add twice before they showed up as a friend everywhere (e.g. JAK), and one of these people now are listed twice in my friends list (e.g. TheRiverGoddess).

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Just found out that you don't have to look for a post by a member to add them. Use the "Member search" and you can add them as you like.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I'm quite new to ATS and haven't yet worked out the difference between favourites, subscriptions and flags; what friends and foes are; or what "Way above" means; ....

In general, I've found ATS quite difficult to get around and understand - and also difficult to find help on all the buttons, features, etc., etc.. Not helped by the fact that some 'info' links seem to go to a long thread where I could find no info RELEVANT TO THE LINK i CAME FROM; and that when I posed a question about this in 'Contact Us' I got no reply despite the promise of responses within 48 hours.

All this new profiling is adding yet another complication and my initial reactions are:

• Can I really be bothered with all this, or should I now just give up on ATS altogether?
  • Assuming I stick with it, I don't necessarily want my favourites, or subscriptions, or flags broadcast to all and sundry. I might want my favourites to be 'above top secret'.
  • This is fine where I have a choice of entering my favourites (or whatever) in my profile, but I OBJECT EXTREMELY STRONGLY THAT (if I understand correctly) SOME OF MY CHOICES ARE AUTOMATICALLY GOING TO SHOW IN MY PROFILE WHETHER I WANT THEM TO OR NOT.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Threads you flag show up automatically, but favorites have to be manually set.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
The text-color issues should be resolved.

The Issue Of Friends Versus Foes

The "Foe" designation is certainly unique to the concept of online social network building, but integral to life on AboveTopSecret.com.

We're different... or at least we try to be.

While most other online communities strive for a same-flavored group of "protected" people with similar thoughts and beliefs that rally the troops to surround and humiliate any interlopers who may think different... we know that is the path to ignorance and intellectual stagnation.

We welcome and encourage contrarian thinkers to bring their ideas and mental challenges. We need to be challenged, we can't grow without it.

We all have members we dislike on ATS, BTS, and AbovePolitics.... either through their behavior, political leanings, or theories, we find our foes here. But we know that they challenge us to either learn how to engage such people, or even better, teach us new ideas through heated debate.

Given what we all hope to achieve through using ATS, I would think foes are far more important than friends... but that's just me.

Foes are more important...if you can do nothing but fight. But life for the person is different than life for the human. Don't forget that. If you have opposable thumbs (and I know you since there are spaces between the words you type) then its a good chance you can exercise free will which also encompasses self-control.

After self-control, its only a matter of time before compassion sets in, but don't say I didn't warn you.

Newtron

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 07:25 PM
link   
There are a few minor bugs that didn't become obvious until some people had long lists of friends... updates are on the way.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join