It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Online Social Networking Comes To AboveTopSecret.com

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I noticed that this link is only available on ATS threads. Can we expect to see it on BTS and AP in the not too distant future?

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Interesting new concept, is going to take me a littler bit of time to get use to it.

I am a slow learner.

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Ditto SteveR-Nice ideas SkepticOverlord.

Noticed the profile link earlier and wow -- seems to me it can say alot about views of other great Above Top Secret members SO.

-- Well Done, Sir !!

Dallas

jra

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Originally posted by whatukno
I can't access or find the way to edit my profile.

Click this on the lower left-side:

I clicked on that in my profile and it takes me too "Extended Profile And Info For profile.php" and the spot where my Avatar would be, is all red with no name and the registered date is Dec 31, 1969. Same with the last post date. Also below that, there is a friend and foe button. I clicked on 'friend', but it timed out or could not load the page or something. I see nothing else in there that I can click on or edit.

EDIT: It looks like a few others are having issues now too.

[edit on 11-3-2007 by jra]

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by jra
I clicked on that in my profile and it takes me too "Extended Profile And Info For profile.php"

There seems to be a but... hold on. (It was working before)

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by jra
I clicked on that in my profile and it takes me too "Extended Profile And Info For profile.php" and the spot where my Avatar would be, is all red with no name and the registered date is Dec 31, 1969. Same with the last post date.

Yea S.O. Accedently stumbled uppon time travel, making the extended networking option for members.

I see that it's working now Again a awesome addidtion to an already awesome website

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Okay... minor bug in shifting link info...

The link is fixed, click here to edit your extended profile data.

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I do not see the "profile" link on anyones avatar except for in this thread. Do we have to post in this thread in order to get a "profile"?

link   
Skeptic,

How do I get to my profile in the first place. Besides Clicking your blue button for me. I can get to one of my profile through account settings, however when I click on your blue button I see something different. Is there a way to go to that page without clicking your blue button. On this page. Other words can I get there through my own.

link   
Is there a way to access the profile through the Member Centre? I think it would be quicker than trawling through old posts to find your last post then clicking profile.

If there already is just give me a cookie and I'll sit in the corner quietly.

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 08:26 PM
link   
The URL to your profiles are simple...

www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/mem/username

And the ultra short-cut is:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

With no username defined, it defaults to your own.

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Looks like an interesting addition to ATS. However, I've struck a problem. When I hit Edit Profile, I get the following:

The requested URL /www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/profile.php was not found on this server.

Any ideas, or am I simply not interesting enough to warrant a profile (an entirely valid response of course!).

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Willard856
Any ideas, or am I simply not interesting enough

I can't comment on how amusing you may or may not be... but it's possible that you attempted to access the page at the precise moment I was uploading an update. Try again.

jra

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 08:35 PM
link   

The requested URL /www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/profile.php was not found on this server.

Any ideas, or am I simply not interesting enough to warrant a profile (an entirely valid response of course!).

I'm also getting the "not found" thing. Perhaps too many people are trying to edit there profiles right now. I don't know. I'll try again later.

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Looks like an interesting addition to ATS. However, I've struck a problem. When I hit Edit Profile, I get the following:

Yeah, I'm getting that too......sadness all 'round.

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 08:37 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I am sure that this new toy has everyone jumping to update their profiles all at once. That is probably why it's denying us to be able to edit our profiles for the moment.

Although I hope it's accessable soon. I was messing around and put the lyrics to these are a few of my favorite things into My favorite things.
not realy manly material there.

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Oh my gosh I am blind as a bat. It's right there on my avatar following me everywhere. The word profile if it was a snake it would have bitten me. I didn't see that button there. lol sorry.

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Everything seems to be working for me now.

It looks great! I have one suggestion though, do you think you can put friend/foe buttons below people's avatar on the threads like the mod/FSME buttons? So you don't have to go to someone's profile?

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Its looking good,

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join