It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Online Social Networking Comes To AboveTopSecret.com

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
I love ya Space, but you're overtired.

Go night night.

Gee whiz DG.

It's comments like that, that make me want to consider you less friend, and mo' foe..

I can't go to sleep, I'm working..not that it has stopped me before. But it's a busy night.

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Awwww, its just my defense mechanism, my friend. I had no conception of what you were trying to explain, so i tried to add some humor. That's all.
Mo'Foe, huh?

Please reconsider.

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Would it be possible to create a page that shows you the last 100 posts made by your friends and foes, taking into consideration who has befriended you and who you have listed as a friend, etc for foe. It would be a great way to keep up to date on what your friends and foes are up too.

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Great idea Sardion! A lot of fancy features you can think about, but I fell the most convenient are covered. Real smart ones too, like the usu mini-buttons by the member names. Some tool for mass-u2u's could be next.

Always minor bucks when a rather complex thing --which this is-- are launched. I posted in vain on asala's space and now I see I'm in with my message 4x. Sorry asala, no intentional spamming.

Only one thing I can think of for Skeptic to change, and that would be the edit button, now situated at the bottom of the left column. As you add to your profile it gets longer and longer. Mine is already more than three scrolls long. A bit of a way to go for an edit, when it might as well be place somewhere in the middle of the column.

Just a thought.

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 01:07 PM
link   
oh yah, One more thing!

In the comments on our new mini-sites, couldn't we have a timestamp?
Not necessary hours and minutes, but just a plain date.

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I would like to strongly suggest a "My Profile" button either across the top or on MyATS page somewhere. Even listed in the member center would be fine.

When I want to go to my profile, I have to find a post of mine or use the member search function. A "My Profile" Button would give me access to My profile and therefore the profiles of all my friends without having to search for their posts or member name.

I am also generating a "suggestion" for this feature.

Thank you.

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Some of us may be more savvy than others, but I've taken a moment to remember the URL. This way when I want to view my own profile, I just plug it in.

www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/mem/

If the feature is implemented, great, but if not, this has been working for me so far.

Thought I'd mention. Couldn't hurt. .....Right?

[edit on 15-3-2007 by chissler]

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 07:01 PM
link   
A profile button would be nice on the top menu bar.

For now , I just dragged the new address to my personal bookmark's toolbar, which essentially makes a one click button.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Yeah, I put it in my bookmarks. Thanks all

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 06:41 PM
link   
A couple new changes in the profile pages... check the right-side, and bottom.

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Do you ever stop coming up with awsome ideas?!

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 01:08 PM
link   
So, any chance you could alphabetize the friends you add list too, instead of just the those who added you list? Cause otherwise it makes it seem like some friends are more important than others, when in reality I've been adding some from who I just see around the boards, some from the u2u's, and some from other places. No particular order. Alphabetizing them might help nip that in the bud before anyone falls for that headgame.

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Please can we have the option to delete our own posts? I have just posted the same thing thrice because when I press the back button on my browser after edit, it somehow posts the comment again. I notice that you (SkepticOverlord) could use a delete option too. This would be really handy. Thanks for the brilliant work so far, this site is the best.

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xeros
Please can we have the option to delete our own posts? I have just posted the same thing thrice because when I press the back button on my browser after edit, it somehow posts the comment again. I notice that you (SkepticOverlord) could use a delete option too. This would be really handy. Thanks for the brilliant work so far, this site is the best.

Holy moly it's implemented! That was quick, nice one SO!

[edit on 17-3-2007 by Xeros]

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Thanks for adding timestamp.

Now just one thing.

I'm sure quite a few members don't know how to get to their profile page (4th day running only 466 members have updated)...

Please implement a 'MYprofile' button in the top- or banner-bar.

Thank you Skeptic.

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Jeeps,SO is workin overtime! Take a break.
I'm so, so seriously impressed with the work you're doing. Oh lord! Can I get an "Amen"?

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 07:29 AM
link   
On each post, there are two links to the posters profile. One below the post, and one in the mini profile. I think it would be kinda cool, if you were to change one of these links to show all the threads created by the poster in question, as it used to be when you clicked on their name in the mini profile.

Just an idea.

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Dana Scully was right.

Don't because "The Truth" "Is out there"

Thank You come again?

01ffd-

[edit on 25-3-2007 by tomquinn]

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Hmmmmmmmmmm is all i can say. Am I the only one who's a little aprehensive of this feature?

Bearing in mind the data mining and profiling that goes on these days. Wouldnt it be a godsend for the government to round up and profile any potential trouble makers and free thinkers. Might be best to take it with a hint of caution.

Pentagon sets its sights on social networking websites

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Profiles In Courage

What you put in your profile -- if anything -- is up to you to decide

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join