It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO? Shape shifting worm like tube with strange light...

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Bhadhidar:

That is a GREAT POST! I awarded you 25,000 ATS Points for the research and the effort!

Springer...

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
Bhadhidar:

That is a GREAT POST! I awarded you 25,000 ATS Points for the research and the effort!

Springer...

Thank you, glad to help.

Now, if we can just track down the "culprits", I think we'd be doing a public srvice.

I am also intregued by the possibility that the gov't (or other gov't's) Might be flying Ascender-like airships, albeit in far more remote test areas.

Keep your eyes peeled folks!

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Thats some great research Bhadhidar, we're getting closer and closer to what this thing could actually be.

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Heres a pic of an air beam:

Looks like a giant solar balloon

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Great post on the 'air beam' possibility. If an air beam structure did become airborne (or aloft from solar heating), the thing had to land somewhere. I think that instead of trying to find the owners from permits, it may be easier to find any reports of crashed landings of the type.

Also by the same means that the origination point may be determined (from wind speed, direction) the potential landing areas can also be ascertained.

Want to remind everyone that this remains a "possibillity" and is by no means the answer to what this thing is.

Keep in mind that the sighting by Jagman was at 11:00am PST above LA.

UFO? Shape shifting worm like tube with strange light...

I live in Los Angeles. This happened at about 11:00AM give or take a few minutes... Today Sunday, March 11, 2007

Is the heating effect from the sun on an airbeam significant enough to send it aloft at that time of day (11am)? I would think that the peak sun is between 12:30 pm and 1:30 pm in LA.

[edit on 6/19/2007 by greatlakes]

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Given the sheer volumn of air contained in a large air beam, and the fact that they are, by nature, designed to be (relatively) light-weight (as compared to typical construction materials: wood, metal, stone), it would not take much to heat the contained air sufficiently to loft the structure.

I would think that two to three hours of morning sun would be enough.

It shouldn't be too difficult to find out, though. If some one could contact an air beam manufacturer, I'm sure that they could provide the necessary info as "Precautionary Assembly Information".

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 11:24 AM
link   
That one is not real but there are ones like that out there. Back in the office we called them "Snakes." "They" use them like Hubble telescopes. I faintly remeber a time when one lost control in a bleak area somewhere in Arizona. You couldnt get that thing open with a mac truck. No seams or doors anywhere on the freaking thing. Our superior just told us to dump it. Boy was he a tight wad.

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 12:17 PM
link   
To me it looked like a guy parachuting

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Dancing air balloons....we've all seen em'

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Well, as much as a proponent of the "drones" that I am, unfortunately I do not believe this is anything extra-terrestrial in origin. After watching the video several times, I can reasonably say that it is either an air beam or a single long balloon or stringed together balloons. Keep in mind, helium or hydrogen may have the fastest rate of ascent but there are other gases which this balloon could be filled with that will make it rise slower than helium, i.e. a helium/air mixture. I just don't find it likely at all that you would have sightings of blue, white, pink and yellow UFO worms. I live in L.A. county so I will too keep an eye out for them, but for now this one sounds busted.

And the video on the front page was of a parachute. You can see the guy hanging from it.

[edit on 3-7-2007 by pjslug]

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Very intriguing. I grew up in los angeles and have seen some wierd things in the sky. nothing like this. If i may ask, the big building in the backround, Is that in studio city. It looks like it. If so do you think it may be something from universal studios. Its been along time since ive been in california , but I remember that building.If you do not want to disclose your location i would understand. And i am new to ats, so if i shouldnt be asking these types of questions , well im sure ill be told real quick if i can or cant. Most of my experiences having to do with ghost or ufos have all been in the san fernando valley. mostly north hollywood. i can tell you there are lots of mysteries to be looked into in the valley.I will start a new thread to talk about some of them.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Ok, firstly I have to promote the video Secret Space. It's a very interesting DVD which explores these space worms and other UFO related incidents quite well and it's thoroughly interesting indeed. A good watch.

Go here and watch SECRET SPACE (other parts are located to the right)

It shows on secret space other versions of these potential space worms. Are they real? Is it just space debry? Well, on the video shown by the author here it's hard to tell. It does look like it's tumbling through our atmosphere or floating, but it also looks to have it's own motion and shine. Yes metal could reflect the suns shine and make it look luminous I admit. The clips to hard to make a judgment on.

Back to the secret space DVD. It shows more potential space worms on there but also in our own atmosphere here on Earth.

The extra video of worms end on part 5 (8 minutes 39 seconds onwards) and start here on part 6

HERE

Anyway, give all of it a watch...good shizzle!

But my point is this related to the luminosity of the potential space worms...

...we have creatures at the deepest parts of the oceans here on Earth to have luminous parts to their bodies. Mostly this is used to light the path and to guide prey towards they eagerly awaiting mouths. Angler Fish are a prime example. Some also use it as a deterrent for predators. Could this be used in space and on other planets by creatures? I see why not. Saying that it only exists on Earth is a bit narrow minded in my opinion. Could luminous space worms exist? Again I think it would be very narrow minded to say no, as we know hardly anything about space. Anything is possible out there, as we are finding different new species here on Earth often...OUR OWN PLANET! I thought we knew everything that existed here on Earth...no?

Good video you caught and good still shots of the potential space worm in our atmosphere. It could be something very different, hard to tell really.

[edit on 5-7-2007 by Arawn]

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Could these be creatures that live in our atmosphere forced to move lower due to our changing climate? I found this article while digging around the internet, and it kinda makes me wonder if theres not an ecosystem of creatures in our stratosphere.

And by the way awesome video, i used to keep a video camera with me at all times just in case i saw something amazing, but quit due to not seeing anything.
Now i think that i'll have to start keeping it with me again.

www.ufoevidence.org...

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I watched the video.
Is the research still in process?

Did you take this photo Jagman?

How about this video, did you take this and where was your camera
looking at, I can't tell can you help me out here?
s109.photobucket.com...

[edit on 8/13/2007 by Jesus-Is-Real]

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Hi Jesus! Yes that is mine...Snooping around my photobucket!!! Just Kidding!!!

Well I haven't posted any related information to that yet. It's not much to look at but very interesting to say the least.

Lets just say it was on NV-375.

The camera is sitting of the roof of my car:-)

It is very dark there...

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 06:55 AM
link   
hey, jagman, i think i saw the same object about 45 min. later!! i was in downey right off the 605 & 5 fwy getting something to eat when this lady started pointing up at the sky telling people to look at the skydivers. after a few minutes the object was still in the same spot, but it was changing shape and looked like something was reflecting off of it. within 10 min. everybody got bored and left. as i sat and watched i noticed that their were two more tubelike objects higher up and further out. i decided to go home and get my camera, but i lost track of them in the process. i called my friend and told him of the strange sightings and asked him to watch the news to see if anything was said about the objects.... nothing was ever reported until i read your post!!! thanks!

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Jagman~~

After watching your video I was amazed-and very glad to realize that I may not be 'crazy' after all.

Because I saw what looks like the same thing one morning, after getting off shift. I was working as a registered nurse in Espanola, New Mexico (about 45 to 60 minutes south of Taos and about 45 minutes north of Santa Fe). This was probably 3 years ago.

It was early so very few cars were out, in that particular area and stretch of road anyway. Lot's of wide open, unobstructed high-desert sky there and I saw what looked like a giant worm floating really high up. I was so floored that I actually pulled over and got out of the car. I'd never seen anything liked it and I've seen a few UFO's in my life.

It looked like it was probably very large if I could have seen it up close. Mine had no flashing light that I could see. But it was early so the sunlight was plenty. Just couldn't see the finer details. It was so weird! It started out as kind of a relaxed "S" shape and basically just floated like it did in your video, moving lazily but with a purpose, it seemed like. Again, no flashing light that I could see. Not from where I was standing. But otherwise it looks like exactly the same thing.

Even though it was like nothing I'd ever witnessed I tried to make it fit into a paradigm I already knew. And like someone else mentioned early on in the replies, I thought of balloons. There were car dealers in the main thoroughfare of the town. So maybe a super-large double string of them had come loose?? Except the balloons were usually in colors in the spectrum of a rainbow. You know, violet, blue, red, orange, etc....But this thing seemed to be (possibly) a very dark brown. I've seen metallic gold balloons before but so far not brown ones and not at a car dealership - though they probably do exit somewhere now in 2007.

Unfortunately I did not get my first pair of binoculars until a few months ago - and still no video camera (that's next!). So no proof. And only one person walked by when I was looking at it who looked like he was in a hurry to get to work maybe. But I wanted to know that at least one other person could see what I was seeing. So I asked him and he looked up and said, "Yeah." But then he started walking again.

It was pretty incredible but kind of frustrating not to be able to do anything or to experience it with more people.

I see you have a lot of responses and I haven't yet read every single one. But if you want to ask me any questions about this send me a PM and I'll be happy to give you a number where I can be reached.

Thanks for posting your video!

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I saw the exact same thing last summer. I live on Long Island. I was driving along with a friend of mine. and it appeared to be floating through the sky, like balloons. That was my original thought. I also remember thinking that there was nothing that Ive ever seen on the planet that looked or moved like it. It was in a clear blue sky, and was very close to the ground. It stopped directly in front of our car, along with a lot of other cars, becasue it was a main road. It stopped, and formed a pefect circle, and then turned into a question mark shape, and seemed to disappear in a second. I didnt think UFO, because I trhink of them as round, and metalic. But there is nothing else that I can think of that it could be. Im so glad that I saw it on your video...

new topics

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29 >>

join