It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO? Shape shifting worm like tube with strange light...

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I salute you all people here trying to find the truth.

In regard to the subject post (shifting black worm). it looks very much like a Solar balloon.

Here is what I think it could be:

1-Solar Balloon with a small reflective surface (possibly a mirror, or a silver balloon) hanging from one end and rotating giving the flickering light effect. It can also explain the intensity of the light/sun reflected.

2-Solar Balloon with attached small light source, for example a small LED with a battery and a chip-for flickering.

Solar Balloons can be made very long and even linked together.

3-a string of standard birthday size black balloons with similar attachment as above.

If this was a solar balloon- which I think it is_ it is amazing how much entertainment a 17 buck can do.

However, it is impressive to see all the people here being really reasonable and trying very hard to being shifted by the human tendency to believe before thinking.

Best luck.

Remember, we are trying to get hard evidence and not just flickering lights or blurred images.

[edit on 28-3-2007 by BagUfo]

[edit on 28-3-2007 by BagUfo]

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 04:18 PM
link   
From what I have seen, it looks like there is a public park more or less in that area.

Could someone try to recreate what we see in the video using a solar balloon?

At least we could have something to compare it to.

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 08:59 PM
link   
hmmm...I use photoshop and I make movies, and in my opinion, a line is not too hard to draw and fake, but you did shake the camera quite a lot which would make the editing even harder if it was a hoax. I have seen other videos very similar to this one though, so I'll have to believe this is real, but what exactly is it I'm guessing. Very weird.

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 04:06 AM
link   
I agree that it is most likely a solar balloon. Like one of the above posters mentioned, we should be looking for some hard evidence, not wasting time analyzing blurry dots in the sky that when properly explained make people feel stupid for even thinking it was "extraterrestrial" in the first place.

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 10:40 AM
link   
hello, i have been visiting this site for years and finally decided to create an account and post. I agree that there needs to be some sort of reference video made to compare the behavior of the unidentified object to that of a known object under similar conditions. Things can look and behave in weird ways at those altitudes. For the record, I first thought the object was a balloon until I saw the very bright flashes at the end of the object. I think the movement is much easier to explain than the very bright flashes it produces, which imo cannot be a reflection. Hopefully we will hear from the experts soon.

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I don't want to be skeptical, but trying to look at all the logical options first, I don't believe it's a string of balloons, but it surely does look like a worm kite. The way it does remain static, taking into account the wind and every so often moves and twirls is very common to worm kites. The only question that remains is the light source, but if the kite were long enough, it could hold a flashlight which could be operated by a separate wire.

Worm kites are quite commonly used in kite clubs.

Worm kites I
Worm kites II
Worm Kites III

Still a very interesting and intriguing video

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Hi,

Nice info METACOMET, good video Starwatcher and was the first time I noticed (I like X planes and prototypes) the “Near Space Maneuvering Vehicle”, thanks Bhadhidar.

BagUfo, you should see the post from free_spirit on page 17 ( www.abovetopsecret.com... ), the expert on balloons from the video explain that at many miles from the observer, any short movement from the “creature/object” is done at very fast speed because he covers many miles in a short time, so balloons for the moment don’t have this speed and couldn’t go to space like we could see in the NASA videos.

When I create my thread www.abovetopsecret.com... , I was not hare of this one, normally I do search but that escapes me. Because they are related (the videos are different and they analyze also other types of crafts) I already added a post in my thread with a link to this one, something that I usually do whenever I found other threads about the same subject. You could find there 2 more threads about UFO serpents or worms of this type.

brotherthebig.

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Defenitly a super interesting case to be studed. Thx for share this with us, and a special thx to Springer in all his dedicated enffort related to this subject

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 11:26 PM
link   
WOW !!!

one of the best UFO videos i have ever seen.
very well done !!

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Its a spaceoid a Cosmic Worm.A space worm.It interplays with this Universe with Light Intervals.Its a Centric Being.

[edit on 4-4-2007 by menguard]

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 12:46 PM
link   
wow

thats some good footage.

and very strange indeed.

the light at the one end of this worm shaped object is the most interesting.

some kinda of survelence?

great vid tho.

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Did a little digging.
other posts in this thread lead to video by a man named "Arturo Robles Gil".
some interesting pics:

COPYRIGHTED IMAGES REMOVED AT THE REQUEST OF THE COPYRIGHT HOLDER

These are still images taken from video shot by Arturo Robles Gil.
It is interesting to note that in the 3rd pic above it shows a comparison to a very similar object in London in 2001.

Also read the article here:
Article
(The one entitled :"HEAVY UFO ACTIVITY REPORTED IN MEXICO"

From the article:
"This is an inexplicable phenomenon" Maussan added, "It's as though it were an organic being with several tentacles, and some of these tentacles were putting forth spheres. We called in an expert to see if it could have been some sort of balloon, but he said no"
---
Informative page about Arturo:
Arturo-info
More information about these "Mother-Carriers" as Arturo calls them:
Mother-carriers

[edit on 9-4-2007 by SkepticOverlord]

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Whitewash that is truly brilliant stuff you found there, identical to the one everyone has been analysing in this thread just a different colour.

So basically they are saying these worms are Organic carriers composed completely of a number of these "Spheres" that can detach from the main body. Mussain has obviously studied these extensively in the past and I have seen some footage of the spheres detaching from the body. Perhaps the Mexican footage of all the spheres stationery in the sky are from these tubes deploying them.

If this is Extraterrestrial it's certainly not what I would have expected to see!, no saucer shapes here! I can't help wondering if this is some sort of research project done by Organisations on earth to measure climate change or something?, maybe some sort of measuring tool that nobody has come forward and explained it's purpose. Of course it could well be some military experiment but why the vivid colours?? I'm really intrigued with this.

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Here's a negative of jagman's space worm coverted to 1 bit and then embossed. I just wanted to see an embossed outline of it.

It appears to be segmented and it looks like it's holding that ball of light in its jaws -- or maybe it's holding that ball in something like a pouch. On the other hand, it could be holding it with an appendage of some sort.

At any rate, can't wait to see what our esteemed graphic experts say about what's being shown in Jagman's movie!

[edit on 5-4-2007 by Palasheea]

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 12:56 PM
link   
The pattern on those images WhiteWash, is consistent with how a balloon arch is often made, by spiralling the balloons around one another. This can't be a coincidence can it?

Some examples:-

[edit on 5-4-2007 by Xeros]

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xeros
The pattern on those images WhiteWash, is consistent with how a balloon arch is often made, by spiralling the balloons around one another. This can't be a coincidence can it?

Who can say.
It also resembles a piece of yarn from a latch-hook kit floating in the air, but that doesn't necessarily mean that is what it is.
I'm reserving judgement on what it is or is not until more information is available, and detailed analysis is complete upon jagman's video. (even then i'll reserve judgement on what ALL the sightings are.)

[edit on 6-4-2007 by WhiteWash]

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by October
Whitewash that is truly brilliant stuff you found there, identical to the one everyone has been analysing in this thread just a different colour.

So basically they are saying these worms are Organic carriers composed completely of a number of these "Spheres" that can detach from the main body. Mussain has obviously studied these extensively in the past and I have seen some footage of the spheres detaching from the body. Perhaps the Mexican footage of all the spheres stationery in the sky are from these tubes deploying them.

If this is Extraterrestrial it's certainly not what I would have expected to see!, no saucer shapes here! I can't help wondering if this is some sort of research project done by Organisations on earth to measure climate change or something?, maybe some sort of measuring tool that nobody has come forward and explained it's purpose. Of course it could well be some military experiment but why the vivid colours?? I'm really intrigued with this.

I am Intrigued by it as well. It is ideed quite possible that it is some type of organic creature. It is also possible it is some strange mode of transport for numerous craft to deposit them all at once for unknown purpose. We really don't know. If it IS some sort of lifeform..the question would be why has it only been noticed fairly recently? In addition, is it a lifeform from Earth, or ?
Hopefully truth will find us on this.
-WW

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Found something related to this topic.

www.youtube.com...

This shows something called "space serpents". Seems somewhat similar.

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by smalco
I don't want to be skeptical, but trying to look at all the logical options first,

never apologize for being a skeptic. being a skeptic is the first step in solving any mystery. but step 1 part B is to be open minded. problem solving should be a matter of;

1)never assume anything initially
2)try to rule out the obvious and mundane
3) take an open minded approach to what you are left with

always be paul harvey and look for "the rest of the story"

signed
a very proud open minded skeptic

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Do we have any ETA on the analysis of the data for this?
just wondering.

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join