It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO? Shape shifting worm like tube with strange light...

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Here's a report with an interesting night photo of one of these 'worms'. I've always found this photo to be intriguing.

www.ufocasebook.com...

I especially find the words like 'skim' and 'rolling' to be helpful in reports like this.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 12:38 PM
link   
maybe its one of these? click here

maybe not?

i dont know, i just know its interesting and if it was readily identifiable we'd not be having this discussion. i cant wait to see what jritzman and co come up with.

oh, cmon, you wish you'd have thought of it. it was a joke lighten up
(the lnk not my actual thoughts)

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by shots

I just finished watching it for the 10th time and think I have figured out what it is. If you watch the object over and over you will see a pattern develop within the object. By that I mean the way it moves is consistent with get this a plane pulling a banner. Yup watch it over and over you too will be able to see it once you know what you are looking for

That explains why you only see the lights from one end because the pulling plane is always on the end.

Could be a possibility I guess. But I've seen planes pulling banners before, and I don't recall seeing a banner stay in one area while it was being pulled. At least thats what it looked like, it was pretty high up. Would be a pretty sweet plane to be able to do that. Maybe the aliens are pulling a banner?

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 12:45 PM
link   
People keep saying that a balloon cannot stay static and that this object hovered. If that was the case, then why did Jagman have to lean out of his window as the "object" floated out of his view? It seems to me that it was being blown, and that it seemed to be hovering because, for a majority of the video, there were no reference points beside clear blue sky.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ParanormalNewsNet
So then where is the plane?

On the RH side/end where the lights are flashing

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 12:49 PM
link   
At least thats what it looked like, it was pretty high up.

EXACTLY how high was that? I must have been sleeping when the radar data was posted.

The object did not look much higher than the adjacent buildings to me.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
At least thats what it looked like, it was pretty high up.

EXACTLY how high was that? I must have been sleeping when the radar data was posted.

The object did not look much higher than the adjacent buildings to me.

I don't think he would have had to zoom quite as much if this object was the same height as the adjacent buildings

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Your right, I meant to say it appeared to be pretty high up. At least to me.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by sevenkev
Here's a report with an interesting night photo of one of these 'worms'. I've always found this photo to be intriguing.

www.ufocasebook.com...

I especially find the words like 'skim' and 'rolling' to be helpful in reports like this.

Dang! I wish I would have been there to see that. I live about 18 miles from Auburn, WA. In Tacoma.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Damocles... that link made me laugh
. Even before I clicked on it I figured that it would've been the Whacky Wavy Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man. I've actually seen one along the freeway where I live but they've since taken it down. It never fails to make me laugh. I'm surprised no one else suggested that earlier.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by shots

I just finished watching it for the 10th time and think I have figured out what it is. If you watch the object over and over you will see a pattern develop within the object. By that I mean the way it moves is consistent with get this a plane pulling a banner. Yup watch it over and over you too will be able to see it once you know what you are looking for

That explains why you only see the lights from one end because the pulling plane is always on the end.

Please watch between 3th and 4th min carefully. It is very hard to explain with a plane pulling a banner.
Me not convinced

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 01:15 PM
link   
You guys are not reading up on the characteristics of solar balloons. They depend on the sun for much of their movement and they rise and fall with the heat. Not in a predictable pattern either.

Like I said, I actually did some research unlike many of you that are saying I don't know what I'm talking about.

Springer, I watched the full video and that's where my suspicions came from.

Sorry everyone but it's not a giant intergalactic worm. Again, it's JMO.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 01:35 PM
link   
If I understand the viewers location and direction correctly, he's looking out across pretty much every movie studio in L.A.

When investigating a UFO over L.A. I think it's always a good rule of thumb to check the shoot sheets for that day and be sure that what you're looking at isn't a prop for John Travolta's next space epic.

Maybe someone with Hollywood connections could pull that up at the EIDC site. (Ever since 9/11 they won't hand out shoot sheets to nobodies like me...)

That said, great video Jagman and refreshing cooperation with Springer.

You have voted Jagman for the Way Above Top Secret award.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 01:38 PM
link   
[edit on 11/3/07 by JackofBlades]

Just wondering but it seems that these atmospheric bioforms are a rather recent phenomenon. Is that true?

[edit on 11-3-2007 by Palasheea]

I showed this to my grand father who is 97 years old and he said its a Dragon, I smiled and said no, it was filmed by some person in Southern California.

He told me this is what people called a Dragon, The light was mistaken for fire in mythology and the black body was the dragon, it seems so simple when I think about, which means this has been seen for thousands of years, in Indo China and throught the middle east.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Great job Bhadhidar, the near space maneuvering vehicle looks exactly what what we see on the video.
msnbcmedia.msn.com...

Originally posted by Bhadhidar

Originally posted by METACOMET

Im intrigued by the picture posted by Bhadhidar, that seems to me like a much better expanation than balloons on a tether. Can anyone comment more on what that thing in the hanger is and what it would be doing above L.A?

Google "Near Space Maneuvering Vehicle".

It was a prototype developed for the USAF Space BattleLab. It's propsed functions included high-altitude, long duration recon/surveillence, targeting, and communications support.

It was designed to fly mostly unobserved at high altitude over a battlefield, or area of interest. It was also constructed of low-RF signature materials: Nylon, Mylar, carbon fiber, paper/urathane foam composite.

The original was destroyed in a wind-storm years ago; but as I said in a prior post, the AF retained the wreckage.

The NSMV is envisioned as being used in conjunction with existing platforms like Northrop-Grumman’s Global Hawk high-altitude (40,000 feet) unmanned aerial vehicle in order to support tactical engagements. Program officials claim that the 175-foot variant could, at 120,000 feet altitude, use a regular communication suite and electro-optic sensor to monitor an ellipse of ground 400 nautical miles wide. The 175-foot variant is thought to cost around $500,000 per air vehicle. Still to be determined is how the system can handle ultraviolet light in near-space and whether it can survive being buffeted around jet streams (which reside at about 30,000 to 45,000 feet altitude). (Jane’s Defence Weekly, Sept. 17, 2003 )

Because most of its surface area is nylon, the vehicle can’t be detected by radar. It also is a high-altitude balloon, so it can hang unnoticed in near-space for days over one city, terrorist training camp or person of interest.

www.newsreview.com...

[edit on 12-3-2007 by METACOMET]

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 01:52 PM
link   
You know, this looks really fake. I'm sorry but you're sure not fooling me. It looks like video editing, theres another color patch around the whole thing.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Many have put in some great theories as to what it is, but I think it's safe to say some of the things that it is not...

1.) Intelligent Alien Life. If you're capable of transplanetary travel, would you hang out in a black floaty thing above a city?
2.) Military secret project. If you ran a military base, would you conduct your secret experiements in a black floaty thing above a city?
3.) A complete solid. The movement with the air-currents suggest it does not have any form of a rigid structue.
4.) Technologimicable. FAA and military aviation would have seen a blip and been all over that bugger if it showed on radar.

I do think we should ask what it is. I don't think we should be surprised at the answer though.

[edit on 12-3-2007 by saint4God]

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 01:56 PM
link   
@sensfan

I'm currectly reading the book Unconventional flying objects: a scientific analysis. I really recommend it, its a great read, but quite scientific. It was written by a NASA engineer who is now dead. He spent his time researching how UFOs moved and created a theory for how they work. This object shares all the same bits of evidence of saucer or cylinder UFO propulsion. Mainly the ionisation of the air. When the power output is increased then the air will glow along its whole length, like in the video of the red "dragon". I like that name!

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by jbondo
You guys are not reading up on the characteristics of solar balloons. They depend on the sun for much of their movement and they rise and fall with the heat. Not in a predictable pattern either.

Like I said, I actually did some research unlike many of you that are saying I don't know what I'm talking about.

Springer, I watched the full video and that's where my suspicions came from.

Sorry everyone but it's not a giant intergalactic worm. Again, it's JMO.

I have to agree this would be a good explanation.

Check out some of these examples of solar balloons:

Solar Balloon 1

Solar Balloon 2

Anyway, a least its something you can compare it to.

[edit on 12-3-2007 by Xanfalcon]

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 02:07 PM
link   
And when caught in an up draft these thing will float for days, in any case, this is obviously not a UFO of extraterrestrial origin.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join