It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO? Shape shifting worm like tube with strange light...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I live in Los Angeles. This happened at about 11:00AM give or take a few minutes... Today Sunday, March 11, 2007

I was looking out my apartment window and I saw at first what looked to be a stationary object... I quickly grabbed my camera...As I zoomed up on it I realized it was moving slowly. Then it seems to speed up a bit. When It started changing shapes I was amazed.

The light or reflection also seems very strange to me. Also I noticed somewhat of a reflective or metallic surface of the object. Very strange stuff. Not my first UFO sighting. Certainly one of the strangest things I've seen in a while.

I have seen similar videos of worm like objects like this but not of this color and not with the strange light.

The raw video is almost 600megs. Sorry for the lower quality format.

Take a look:

STREAMING ONLINE VIDEO
s109.photobucket.com...

Any thought's?

UPDATE: Best-Of Worm-Like UFO Video

DOWNLOADABLE HIGH-RES QUICKTIME VIDEO
worm-small.mov 5.8 meg
The compression should be much cleaner than the streaming version.

UPDATE 2: Adjusted Screen-Grabs From Original Video

[edit on 15-3-2007 by SkepticOverlord]

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 02:39 PM
link   
WOW...I have to admit, and many on here know I am very skeptical, but that is one of the most intriging vids I have seen in a long time. I initially thought baloon, but the flashing light seems way too bright to be just a reflection.

Very strange indeed.

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Right off the bat I thought this could be a balloon as well. It was just moving too strangely. I could see the light without looking through the camera and it was very bright.

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 02:51 PM
link   
THAT is a hell of a video! Are you willing to let David Biedny and Jeff Ritzmann have a look at the raw file/data?

Man that is weird looking! The only thing I wish is that you could've got the building in the frame with the object for reference, but I know how hard it is to keep something like that in frame when it's so far away much less trying to keep two things in the frame!

Please let me know if you are willing to have it analyzed, if so I'll get the whole 600 megs hosted here on ATS.

EDIT: You meant to say 11AM correct?

Springer...

[edit on 3-11-2007 by Springer]

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Springer yes I would love for you to take a look at the raw footage. I was so excited It was hard for me to keep the camera still... I spend quite a bit of time looking outside... I had an amazing sighting a little more than a year ago looking out the same window with a good friend of mine. I didn't have a camera at the time and since I bought one well lets just say I've been ready

This certainly isn't your average light or disk shaped UFO or anything I have ever seen. It needs to be looked at.

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Outstanding, this may require burning a DVD and mailing it but that's worth doing IMO on this one. Depending on what the experts conclude this could be HUGE.

In that light, we need to do this BY THE NUMBERS.

Clean, RAW, complete data, a total work up by two of the top digital imaging experts on the planet is a nice start I think.

Springer...

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Woah...thats very odd.

Now theres alot of pixelation around the object but I'm going to assume thats just a result of compression, so I won't make any assumptions, I'm not an expert in that department.

It also seems that on the side that is initially facing to our right there is something reflective and shiny on it, that occasionally catches the light. Interesting.

I may have a theory though...

www.rense.com...

Heres an article on Rense about a strange UFO, if you scroll to the bottom you can see a possible explanation for it, the Solar Air Shuttle, and it looks like it could possibly be the culprit in this video...only problem is I wouldn't think an inflated Solar Air Shuttle would be very flexible. But I just thought I'd throw this out there.

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Well, My contribution to this thread is that it can very well be a series of balloons strapped together. It doesn't really look any different from any of the old Yawyeh clips, only it has a twinkling whatever at the end.

What I'm saying is that the movement doesn't really strike me as odd.

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I wish I was not on such a slow connection. Could anyone post a simple screenshot of the object in question.

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 03:48 PM
link   
That is just crazy looking!

What in the world could it be? It's like a cross between a worm and a lightning bug. Or is it metal?

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Never mind about the screenshot. I can see it now.

Weird looking thing.

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 04:08 PM
link   
at first it looked like a parachute and in some of the close-ups you see what appears to be lines coming from the edges, much like a parachut but then it started changing shape.

The only thing I could think of was that it was a parachute and the shape changing was a result of the skydiver moving around and the chute gave the appearance of changing shape

that said, those shape changes did not seem to be a parachute.

for reference

and

again, these chutes shouldn't bend and twist but I'm wondering if it is, perhaps, a trick of the eye as a result of the shute turning.

100% unsure and a cool vid nonetheless

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I don't post very often but I just had to tell you that is one of the most amazing vids I've ever seen. My first thought was that it was a parachute, but as the video kept moving along, the oblect sort of changed shape. Also, I didn't see anybody hanging from it, lol. I am flagging this thread, and hope the progress continues.

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Jagman,

From your video, it basically looks as if the object is floating--so my first impression is that I was watching a long, dark blue balloon with a blinking light at one end...

In the video, it just sort of undulates--it doesn't actually change shape, it just looks elastic and bouyant...

Did it ever make any seriously unconventional movements? How did it depart?

How long did you observe it?

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 04:18 PM
link   
That is very bizarre.

I have never seen anything like it. It sometimes looked like a hang glider/ballons but that doesn't explain the flashing light.

Did anyone in the area see it? Any news reports? I suppose it is too early yet.

I'm intrigued.

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I am no expert, but it just looks like a string of balloon's to me.

They could be large balloons and they could even be mylar balloon's.

Just my 2 cents.

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drexon
Well, My contribution to this thread is that it can very well be a series of balloons strapped together. It doesn't really look any different from any of the old Yawyeh clips, only it has a twinkling whatever at the end.

What I'm saying is that the movement doesn't really strike me as odd.

I was about to say the same thing.
Balloons strapped together in a row.
I work, not too far from a series of Automobile dealers, and I see strings of ballons "let go" from the lots pretty often.
They look an awful lot like what is in this video.

[edit on 11-3-2007 by spacedoubt]

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jagman
I live in Los Angeles. This happened at about 11:00AM give or take a few minutes... Today Sunday, March 11, 2007

Not wanting to pry into your personal life, but given where you are and what direction you were shooting, what would that be over? I know it's probably hard to tell without any reference points. Can you tell me the quadrant of the city and what direction it was in?

Any thought's?

I can't tell from the video other than "dark", but did you get an impression of the color of the dark area? Would you say it was more of a dark reddish brown? Or was it as gray as the video renders it?

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I'd love to be the skeptic here and throw the balloon response at it, but from what I've seen it really doesn't look like a string of balloons to me.

If you compare it's position at the start of the video to the end it is still in basically the same spot... A string of balloons would have moved, depending on the direction and strength of the wind. Not to mention, if the wind was strong enough to make the string of balloons change shape like it does o the video, they would've moved a fair distance.

Amazing video! I can't wait to see what comes of this.

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 04:35 PM
link   
My first thought was that it's a string of ballons with a mylar on one end. That's a common thing to do.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join