It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What God would look like?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 08:54 PM
link   
True, I guess god encompasses all, including the good, and the bad. It's the "spark" that drives everything.

It's all one great big amazing game. It actually helped me to think of it that way just now. I kind of took a look at the universe as a big game. It all wasn't so serious anymore. After all, what is a game? You've got rules, barriers, and objectives. And of course space within the barriers to play the game.

Troy

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 10:57 PM
link   
God, Allah, the O.N.E. is ALL.

How can we describe something that is impossible to understand?

We are one with God, yet not the whole. We are a part, but how can we be whole again?

Maybe realizing that everything is one lets you understand who we are and why we're here on a subtle level.

Then again, God (He/She/It) could be...You?

Or we could all be...God.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by lizziex3
I think God is the sun. if it wern't for the sun we wouldn't be here, it watches over us and protects us.. i dont think their is a god in the way Christians think...

And the Sun serves us! We do not serve the sun...and so to worship the sun is backwards...but to love one another as a spark of that Heat/Light/Energy is to worship God in Spirit and Truth.

We cannot look at the sun or it would blind us. The flares from the sun do great damage...but without it there would be NO life.

The Sun's elements are Hydrogen and Helium...the first and second elements on the periodic table...from those two proceed all the rest.

Something to think about...

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheB1ueSoldier
To the original poster, Genesis 1:26 says "Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness." Now, God is a spiritual entity that can cross paths between the spiritual world and the physical world. God has no use for a physical body, so when Genesis says "image" and "likeness", I believe that it is referring to a psychological, spiritual, and emotional similarity, and not a physical similarity. Thus, our physical appearance has nothing to do with what God is like.

Now, God did eventually have a need for a physical body. He manifested himself in the form of Jesus of Nazareth. The reason why he needed a physical body was to teach people on Earth and guide them back to the right path. But the MAIN reason that God needed a physical form was to sacrifice himself in order to redeem mankind for their sin.

You are quite correct that God manifested himself in the form of Jesus; however, Jesus has always existed with/as God. As the Bible says, "In the beginning was the Word". God is a spirit as you say, but that is only one of His characteristics. He also exists eternally as a soul and in physical form. Thus when he created us "in His image", he also created us with a spirit, soul, and body.

Of course, it's impossible for us to fully comprehend God since He is infinite and our minds are finite, but that doesn't mean we can't try to understand God in human terms.

As the Bible also says, God is light. Well, pure light may appear to be 1 solid color or even colorless, but it actually contains every color of the rainbow. This can be revealed by placing a prism in the path of a beam of light. What happens? You see a glorious array of colors with red, yellow, and blue being the primary colors. I think of those as the primary characteristics of God - Father, Son, and Spirit. Between each of those colors are an infinite number of hues and shades. Our eyes can only detect some of the varying shades due to our finite visual abilities, but there's an infinite number that we can't see. I compare these varying colors to God's infinite number of perfect qualities. We are aware of the major ones - love, righteousness, justice, etc. but since God is infinite, he has an infinite number of holy qualities that we can't "see" or comprehend due to our current state. As we grow closer to God, we get to "see" more and more of his perfect qualities. Just as prisms can be used to reveal the presence of light, God has chosen planets such as Earth to "reveal" himself to His children. We may not be able to withstand seeing God in his purest form (The Light) but we still have the opportunity to experience and know Him in an infinite number of ways through his kaleidoscope of perfect, holy qualities.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 03:54 AM
link   
you are both wrong. God and Jesus can't be the same.
what verse is that from?

"No man can see Me and live!" (Ex. 33:20). John 1:18 and 1 John 4:12 both say, "No one has seen God at any time."

jesus was seen on earth. how can the father be the son ?

God had other sons too.

Genesis 6:2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.

Genesis 6:4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

How can a spirit have children and grandchildren?

Genesis 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image.

The Gods and all his other children on other worlds are flesh and bone just like us.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by delta33
"No man can see Me and live!" (Ex. 33:20). John 1:18 and 1 John 4:12 both say, "No one has seen God at any time."

It's because we are not capable of being near that much energy.....let alone, close enough to see it...

It's because we are all a piece of the puzzle

God had other sons too.

Genesis 6:2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.

Genesis 6:4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

The beings spoken of here were incorporeal angels....beings of pure energy just like God...They chose the flesh over the spirit, out of lust and jealousy..God granted them physical form, they were cast out of the heavens, and populated the Earth...There offspring, the Nephilim, were the main reason for the Flood....Although, the spirits of the Nephilim continue to dwell, just like many of ours do when we perish...

The Gods and all his other children on other worlds are flesh and bone just like us.

Temporarily...We're merely containers for God, and each of us has a part in us...We are all God's children...All a part of the ONE...the I AM.....

[edit on 12-3-2007 by Azazelus]

[edit on 12-3-2007 by Azazelus]

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I believe God would appear to each of us differently in accordance with what we would expect or want Him to look like.

In other words, our most beloved image of Him is what we would each see.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I have this persistant image of GOD as being a 300 pound black woman with gnarly dread locks and a Jamaican accent.

I do, however, see all of us as being a part of GOD - so in a way we are GOD and only need to look at one another to see what GOD looks like.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 11:55 AM
link   

you are both wrong. God and Jesus can't be the same.
what verse is that from?

Yes they are. The gospel of John.

That's the whole point. He had to put himself in a vessel that we can see, without it disintegrating us. So along with fulfilling his own law he solved that problem too.

God had other sons too.

He did but they weren't himself. He created those and they fell. The ones running around thinking they are running this show would like to have you to believe that they are equal to Jesus.

Genesis 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image.

GOD is made up of three parts that are one. You could refer to yourself as "we" and "our" because you are made of two parts soul and body. One could say three, body, soul and spirit. You, your spirit and body are one so much so that you'd have to kill your body in order to separate them and that separation would be only temporary.

He is Father, Son, and HOLY SPIRIT.

The word of the GODHEAD has always been Jesus, it was only made known to us when he was made flesh. That's why his name is above every name. That includes his previously revealed name JEHOVAH.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Dennis Miller says that God looks like Barry Gibb.

Peace

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 03:28 PM
link   
This is why I never bought into organized religion. Too many people see god as the giant with a long white beard and a robe cliche. They say god wants us to do this and needs us to do that. Worship and pray and say 105 hail marys when u think bad thoughts. If there is a god he would be too awesome and great to need and want things from us. Why would a god want obedience or need praise? These seem like pitiful human characteristics to me. I think man created god in his image.

I don't like the word god because it is associated with organized religion's interpretation of it. Yes there is complex organization in the world, and yes there is reality and consiousness and all these things that makes us think some guy is pointing a magic wand. God in my view is SIMPLY these things... whatever energy/force/being caused all of this and therefore there is no image for it, just like there is no image of gravity or magnetism that we could possibly identify.

I believe that the people who come close to being able to 'see' a divine creator are the tribes that practice shamanism and use psychedelics for religious purposes. The things shown to people on drugs such as dmt, mushrooms, lsd, and ibogaine in large enough doses are the closest thing to being able to explain the unseen force, or the source of understanding, or 'oneness'.... whatever you want to call it, that cannot be explained without experiencing it first hand. The fact is these things make humans see very real images and patterns, make them feel real feelings and think thoughts on an entirely different level.

Not trying to advocate illegal drug use here, but the point is that these effects are very real and need to be looked at closer. If we want to understand reality then it would make sense to study it from all perspectives. I know alot of people will criticize these ideas but the fact is that these things are a part of our reality and ignoring them is ignoring a very mysterious and important part of our existance. So yes I agree with alot of these posts that say 'look in the mirror'. Having experienced about half of the substances I've mentioned I would say that they are a very effective 'look in the mirror' and beyond.

Didn't mean to get off topic, just saying these people have a better view of the god energy/force then the personified version we are so used to.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Hmmm, what would god look like. That's a good question. I think god probably looks like a wheel cheese that sits in the fridge waiting to be eaten. Once we all take a bite of the cheese wheel then god enters into our bloodstream and becomes part of our consciousness/subconsconsciousness. That's my take on what god looks like.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by GLDNGUN
You are quite correct that God manifested himself in the form of Jesus; however, Jesus has always existed with/as God. As the Bible says, "In the beginning was the Word". God is a spirit as you say, but that is only one of His characteristics. He also exists eternally as a soul and in physical form. Thus when he created us "in His image", he also created us with a spirit, soul, and body.

Of course, it's impossible for us to fully comprehend God since He is infinite and our minds are finite, but that doesn't mean we can't try to understand God in human terms.

Couldn't have said it better. I agree with what you say here, but I'm not quite sure that God exists physically anymore, since the resurrection of Jesus. Although God's agents, angels, can manifest themselves in the physical form to help people on Earth (personal experience).

Originally posted by GLDNGUN
As the Bible also says, God is light. Well, pure light may appear to be 1 solid color or even colorless, but it actually contains every color of the rainbow. This can be revealed by placing a prism in the path of a beam of light. What happens? You see a glorious array of colors with red, yellow, and blue being the primary colors. I think of those as the primary characteristics of God - Father, Son, and Spirit. Between each of those colors are an infinite number of hues and shades. Our eyes can only detect some of the varying shades due to our finite visual abilities, but there's an infinite number that we can't see. I compare these varying colors to God's infinite number of perfect qualities. We are aware of the major ones - love, righteousness, justice, etc. but since God is infinite, he has an infinite number of holy qualities that we can't "see" or comprehend due to our current state. As we grow closer to God, we get to "see" more and more of his perfect qualities. Just as prisms can be used to reveal the presence of light, God has chosen planets such as Earth to "reveal" himself to His children. We may not be able to withstand seeing God in his purest form (The Light) but we still have the opportunity to experience and know Him in an infinite number of ways through his kaleidoscope of perfect, holy qualities.

I dont know about that part, it seems to me that you're making a lot of assumptions. But, nevertheless a very good post.

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by redseal

Originally posted by lizziex3
I think God is the sun. if it wern't for the sun we wouldn't be here, it watches over us and protects us.. i dont think their is a god in the way Christians think...

than how did all of existanece come to be?? with your thinking everything must have just materalized! just a coinceidence? how did all this come to be?? pancakes dont make them selves, someone has to mix the flour and water, stuff just doesnt happen by a fluke! does your grass grow without water? their is a cause and effect to everything, the universe and our lives are no exception!!

Then how do you suggest God came to be? If God was there always, why could not the universe have been here always?

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 02:33 PM
link   
The Devil, my gran said its the horns and pointy tail that was the give away, I think she said that becuase I threw her boots on the fire ans set fire to her chair.

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I need someone to explain this to me...how can God and Jesus been the same but different

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 10:29 AM
link   

dAlen
Just reminded me of a song by Joan Osbourne.

edit: name of quoter

[edit on -0500c31obeThu, 15 Mar 2007 10:32:24 -0500 17 by Uisge Baugh]

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 10:52 AM
link   
God does not have a form or shape. God is something like the "force" in Star Wars. It's everywhere and everything. It's inside of all of us. At least that's what I understand.

Jesus said that the "Kingdom of God is within and around us". In other words, we are all part of god.

Science is even starting to acknowledge that everything is part of everything else and that individuality is actually an illusion. Check out the Quantum Field Gravity (Braids) theory from Neon Haze's thread, the Holographic Theory, the Higgs Field theory, the Morphogenetic Field etc.. They all show practically the same: That there is something that is within and around all of us, from which matter is created.

As for the image and likeness part. What I understand with that is that our abilities are equal to God's, not our physical appearance. Which means that we can create our reality with our thoughts and feelings.

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I'm a fan of the holographic theory. If carried out correctly, the holographic theory states that we can actually teleport incredibly long or even impossible distances in the blink of an eye.

This is achieved by supposedly splitting the electron into two subatomic particles. You put one half of the electron on Jupiter, the other one on Earth, then if you manipulate either half, the corresponding half will also be manipulated. There is no scientific explanation for why this happens yet, but scientists have been able to replicate this effect in small scale experiments. I'm up for a trip to Pluto, woooo! Who's with me?!

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 04:47 AM
link   

[edit on 20-3-2007 by delta33]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join