It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australia: The 51st State

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 11:44 AM
link   
In his latest article for the New Statesman, John Pilger describes
the remarkable servility of John Howard's government in Australia
to the Bush admin. - Howard is known as Bush's 'deputy sheriff' -
- and how this is eroding the country's freedoms.

AUSTRALIA: THE 51st STATE
by John Pilger

In June this year, 26,000 US and Australian troops will take part
in Bombarding the ancient fragile landscape of Australia.

They will storm the Great Barrier Reef, gun down "terrorists"
and fire laser-guided missiles at some of
the most Pristine Wilderness on earth.

Stealth, B-1 and B-52 bombers (the latter alone each carry
30 tonnes of bombs) will finish the job, along with a naval
onslaught.

www.newstatesman.com...

Mod Edit: No Quote/Plagiarism – Please Review This Link.

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 12/3/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Correction - 52nd state.

Canada has been the 51st state for quite some time. Integrated defense, NAU, theft of resources, etc., not to mention locale.

But nonetheless, Australia a state? Welcome to our nightmare !

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 05:37 PM
link   
True.

I guess everyone is choosing their side.

The NWO is going to be tough to defeat.

I feel sorry for our bros down under, from what I've heard it seems individual rights are under assault big time there.

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by jblaze
True.

I guess everyone is choosing their side.

The NWO is going to be tough to defeat.

I feel sorry for our bros down under, from what I've heard it seems individual rights are under assault big time there.

First they took our guns off us, then they privatised most of the Public assets with Telstra ( National Phone Carrier ) being the latest sell off. We are good little vegemites thus I think we were spared the mainland terrorist act ( ours was in Bali Indonesia ) to create fear. All that is left now is to hand over any rights we have to freedom and chip us to become the NWO poster child Country.

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Maybe people define freedom differently, and I know this is in jest, but wouldnt australia joining the United States result in more freedom for aussies?

just wondering when wildlife preservation became the definition of freedom.

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan
Maybe people define freedom differently, and I know this is in jest, but wouldnt australia joining the United States result in more freedom for aussies?

just wondering when wildlife preservation became the definition of freedom.

I'd personally take a Bill of Rights any day as we don't have one here in Australia, joining the US would be a good thing so long as we adopted your Constituion as well because ours truly is a piece of paper.

I guess the fundamental difference between the 2 countries is that our Federation began without blood shed or wars unlike yours and I think is deep in our physche as we tend to not start wars.

Australia is an Oligarchy with silver spoons like Howard running the place and are usually closely aligned with the British monarchy. American or "Yanks" as they are called here are often percieved as an "Aloof" bunch whereas the British are seen as being more grounded and balanced so I would guess we would align ourself with their ideologies more so than the USA's.

[edit on 11-3-2007 by mazzroth]

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan

No. As has been demonstrated, Howard does anything Bush asks of him. Australia is basically a slave to the US while Howard remains PM. Given the current US president is a tyrant, comparable to monsters such as Hitler, an Australian alignment is a most unfavourable scenario.

Slowly but surely, the rest of the world a realising that a Bush lead US is not a country to be aligned with. Unfortunately, "Little Johnny" can't see the big picture and as a result we are all going to be taken down with the US ship.

[edit on 11-3-2007 by speaker]

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 07:44 AM
link   
As an expatriate Australian, it does pain me to see Australia have absolutely no backbone or independent foreign policy of its own. First we kowtow to the Brits (no offence, except to your politicians) now the Americans.

I found little Johnny Howard's attacks on Barack Obama as really very revealing. Never mind the motives behind them, that he felt compelled to comment on internal US politics in such a manner really says a lot....

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Urrm, I posted this some time ago,

www.abovetopsecret.com...

why not add to the 3 pages.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 11:35 AM
link   
My mistake.

Sorry about that Agit8dChop.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by speaker
Given the current US president is a tyrant, comparable to monsters such as Hitler, an Australian alignment is a most unfavourable scenario.
[edit on 11-3-2007 by speaker]

you cannot expect me to take you seriously, do you know your history at all?

really, bush compared to hitler? nah...

I dont theink there are any leaders alive today that could be compared to the likes of adolf hitler, joseph stalin, or mao.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 03:02 PM
link   
In the sense that he will stop at nothing to push his own agenda to dominate, quite comparable.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Well I'm sure some Aussies might not like that article. I love everything about Australia except for the gun control down there. I've been there four times and the people are just outstanding. Can't complain too much when beer drinking is almost a national pasttime.

As much as I like the place I'm also against whatever is hurtling us towards this NWO. The powers behind it are pushing for a USA, Canada, Mexico merge right now.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 03:24 PM
link   
53rd if you include Israel as the 51st.
No wait, must be 54th if you include Britain as the 52nd state.

new topics

top topics

join