It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Soldiers Accused of Shooting Family in Sadr City

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 08:38 AM
link   

U.S. Soldiers Accused of Shooting Family in Sadr City

www.postchronicle.com

U.S. soldiers in Baghdad opened fire on a family in a car in Baghdad, killing three children and their father, the man's wife and Iraqi police said.

"They killed the father of my children! The Americans killed my daughters!" Ikhlas Thulsiqar cried Friday at the Iman Ali Hospital in Sadr City, The New York Times reported Saturday.

She said her family had turned from an alley onto a Sadr City street guarded by U.S. troops when bullets ripped through the car, killing her daughters, 9 and 11, and her 7-year-old son.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.iht.com
www.nytimes.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
www.abovepolitics.com...
Tactical discussion on "The fight for Bagdad."

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Another sad example of 'collateral damage'.

As part of 'the Fight for Baghdad' joint Iraqi U.S. forces have since Marts 4 searched Sadr City.

The operation has been seen as a test of a new, fragile relationship between the authorities and Moktada al-Sadr, the Shiite cleric who commands the Mahdi Army, the Shiite militia loyal to Sadr that has largely controlled the district, has agreed to stand down to allow the sweep to take place.

Not sure that agreement will hold now.

Please note, this news is brought, not with the intent of any U.S. bashing, but as it is being verified by both U.S. and Iraqi witnesses, as an example of the kind of tragedies war brings.

Instead of calling these soldiers trigger-happy, I would rather call them 'trigger-nervous'.

Sadr City must be the most deadly place on earth for Americans to be.

The circumstancies around this tragedy as they get revealed, shall be interesting to know.

But will the fight for Baghdad ever be won.

www.postchronicle.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

join