It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Were drowning in a sea of Acronyms and 'shop talk' guys

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I agree with you waynos, this puts responsibility on the poster, and as was remarked if you dont know then ask. I think Willard's suggestion of using the standard accepted use of acronyms in an article is the way to go. And thankyou Canada_EH for starting the ball rolling and leading by example. It is probably true that as suggested we dont need to explain the most widely known acronyms, afterall who wants to type Advanced Medium range Air to Air Missile in every post unless asked!! .. er thats AMRAAM guys

Err just had a thought guys. Maybe what we need is not a list of acronyms and terms, but a new comers guide/posters guide, to posting and etiquette. This could be locked in the "Read this before posting" thread. This would cut down on the number of "how to" instructional threads. Perhaps a mass U2U could be sent asking people to familiarize themselves with these instructions?

LEE.

[edit on 19-3-2007 by thebozeian]

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Read my mind Lee, which is a tad scary. I U2U'd Majic with that very suggestion to see if it was feasible, and how it is done. I also recommend that a few more FMSEs are identified in the aircraft forums, possibly with their specific area of expertise listed so that newcomers do have a point of contact (POC) if they have questions they don't feel comfortable posting in the thread itself. Haven't had a response as yet.

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Willard856
Read my mind Lee, which is a tad scary.

I was rather under the impression that neither of us had minds left. In which case we must vow never to be in close proximity to one another. It might be dangerous.

Thanks for U2U'ing a Mod over this. Looks like I did something usefull with my life for a change.

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Well we do have and already in place read before posting the problem is that a couple of threads that have been permantly linked to the top have moved it down. Also its a very vague and not overly well writtin post that more so says please no threads that are this plane vs that plane and no copied threads (this should be re worded to say they should use the search function). Basically its great to see that there is an out pouring of people that care about this thread in aviation as much I do and want to see it stay that way on ATS and make it better. I purpose that we should U2U the mods with a more specific request in updating the "Read Before Posting".

Oh here is the link to the current one.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Oh and for creating this post and not just sitting back and forgeting about it and taking part you can consider yourself on my friends list bozeian. Hope to continue to see you around these parts for some time.

[edit on 22/08/06 by Canada_EH]

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Ok I'm posting here again to see if anyone has tried to contact the mods admins etc over this issue and the above one in my previous post. If no one has I'd be glad to be the one to try and get some thing updated in these threads. Let me know how people want to move forward with this. Thanks EH

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 05:20 AM
link   
I believe Willard U2U'd a mod about a week ago, but I haven't heard anything. Then again I have not asked him if he got a reply either. So I as originator of this thread would be happy if you could have a go at talking to whoever you need to to get the ball rolling.

Thanks,
LEE.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join