It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Triangle UFO caught on Google Earth *image*

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   
So this place is about 15 minutes from where I live here in Goodyear Arizona... I'm an Environmental Scientist and most of my work is in remote areas of the desert. I have personally been to this sight people... If you get on the Maricopa County Assessors page, you can find it from the aerial photos and actually find the owner of the property. Not saying anything one way or the other... Just check it out at www.maricopa.gov...

Find the area and you are on your way to explaining something very easy here.

-NSE-

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   
If you look at the ground you can see paths that lead around the "shape".

Go to this coordinate:
30°30'38.44"S 115°22'56.03"E

Doesn't that look like a huge flame? Similar to the ones at the corners of the triangle? My guess is that it is some sort of well flaring site.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Of all the supposed UFO's seen on Google Earth, this is the only one that caught my interest. This thread has a pretty good discussion, so let's keep it going! What can we say about this triangle thing at this point? Let's have a recap:

We know that a satellite photo taken of western Australia contains an interesting triangular shape. The coordinates for this shape are S 30° 30' 38.8" by E 115° 22' 56.2", and the photo is dated 2/8/2004, although which of the first two represents the month and the day could vary from one nation to another. One of the first things that came to my mind when I saw this was that this photo should be compared to any other aerial photos of the area. If the shape is not in both photos, then it is either something built recently, or something that has moved. If you go to this satellite image on Terraserver:

www.terraserver.com...

... you can see the image in question. However, if you zoom out a few times, the image will switch to a lower-resolution image that was taken on January 1st of 1999. This second image does not seem to contain the triangular shape. You can also check out this image I made for comparison:

img50.imageshack.us...

I'll see if I can post the image here:
img50.imageshack.us...]

Anyway, let's go over some of the explanations and evidence accumulated so far in this thread.

Argument: Alien or secret government craft -- Status: Possible
This is of course the reason for all the hype. This shape resembles many triangular UFO's that people claim to have seen. Whether or not you believe aliens could be visiting and observing Earth right now depends on whether or not you believe it is possible to develop technology that could sidestep or break the universal speed of light limitation described by relativity, as it is already commonly accepted among the scientific community that intelligent life has probably evolved across the Universe. If this shape were such a craft, it seems to be partially transparent. This also is well within the realm of possibility, as even our own modern technology has been moving toward the development of fiber-optic materials capable of passing light around an interior form, rendering it essentially invisible. This could also result in the absence of a noticeable shadow.

Argument: Emu Downs Wind Farm -- Status: Disproven / Unlikely
This could be a reasonable argument, as the lights in the shape could be the "fans" used in a wind farm, perhaps glaring in the sunlight and thus distorting their shape. However, EngTR has posted images acquired from software tied into the local power grid, clearly showing that this region is NOT connected by any above- or below-ground cables of any kind. The only alternative could be that it is part of a separate power grid for the same area, but this seems unlikely. This also disproves the "radio tower" and all other common electric device theories.

Argument: Abandoned airfield -- Status: Unlikely
Orion437's images of triangular airfields are intriguing, but do not particularly resemble this design. Additionally, a triangular airfield with no hangars seems completely impractical. Why would any plane land there?

Argument: Weird farmland / Controlled plant fire / Other obscure temporary land usage -- Status: Possible
It's hard to say what kind of ground activity could produce this shape, but this is an explanation that cannot be ruled out. However, evidence for or against this theory could be obtained if someone were to simply travel to the region and see what is or is not there. This theory is also supported by what could be trails leading to the corners of the shape, and the fact that at least one edge of the triangle is not perfectly straight.

[edit on 16-10-2008 by Magnus47]

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Argument: False, edited imagery / Status: Unlikely
As someone with a lot of experience in Photoshop and digital imagery, I can attest that yes, fabricating something like this is possible. Granted, it would take a good deal of work to make it fit so well with the resolution and pixellation of the rest of the image, but it is possible. However: I find it hard to believe that Google would want to play a prank like this, considering how detrimental it would be to their image as a user-friendly company that's all about freedom of information. Additionally, as another poster said, the odds that someone found this thing among the vast expanse of the surface of the planet Earth is pretty small to begin with.

Anyway, that's all I have time to write at the moment. Am I forgetting anything?

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Magnus47

However, evidence for or against this theory could be obtained if someone were to simply travel to the region and see what is or is not there.

The question of what this strange looking triangle is was posed on a fairly popular website lately. Someone who lives in Australia who lives in the area was curious enough to go take a look. Here's what he said... Dec. 18, 2007 email from Australian resident:

“(Triangle is) in an area I was fairly familiar with. The astronomy group I am in goes near there for star gazing as there is no light pollution. I made a trip up to investigate the Google earth mystery on Saturday, December 15, 2007. I 'interpolated' its position onto a map and we drove up. It is a large antenna and appears to be a component of the huge wind farm immediately adjacent to it. The wind farm supplies 80 megawatts of power for Perth and is remote-controlled from Perth power company that operates the wind farm. I think the very high antenna transmits sensor and instrumentation data as well as receiving the control signals from the Perth control centre. It is a very tall antenna with 3 sets of guy wires in a triangle formation. The growth and bushes are most likely cleared out of the antenna area. (We couldn't get close enough to see the base because the roads were blocked with gates and it is rolling hills). The place is fenced and the gates are locked. There are no warning signs, no 'use of deadly force' signs, nor is there any 'keep out' signs. The locked gates are there to keep the vandals and curiosity seekers out.

Source

The images posted by EngTR show that the "lights" are not lights at all but concrete footings for the guy wires.

I don't think the lack of connections to the local power grid disproves it being an antenna. It could be battery/solar powered or perhaps be drawing power directly from the wind farm.

[edit on 16-10-2008 by Phage]

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Magnus47

If you forgot anything I don't know what it may be, at least the most talked about possibilities are all there, good work!

Google Earth now shows the date of the photos, and for that area it says "Mar 8, 2004", and seeing from other areas (the place I live), TerraServer shows the dates as day/month/year, so that would mean 2 August 2004.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I thought it strange that the area has a wind farm because nothing can be seen on the photos (as we all know, a wind farm has huge wind-powered helices, and they are easily visible on satellite photos), so I went looking for more information, and this is what I have found.

There is really an wind farm, Emu Downs Wind Farm, but it exists since 2006, while the satellite photos are from 2004, that is why nothing like a wind farm is visible on that photo (as far as I have looked).

So, whatever that is, I don't think it's related to the wind farm.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

The eyewitness account states it is an antenna nearby the wind farm (which was existent at the time of the site visit). The witness made the connection but since the timing is off I agree that there may be none. The report does say it is adjacent to the wind farm. This places it in the correct locale.

There are various reasons for an antenna "in the middle of nowhere" (repeaters, weather observations, etc.). And, as I said, this kind of installation does not need an external power source.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Meh... must be a slow news day to drag this one up...

But its a change from the GFL ships

But I still want to know about all the impact craters around the Triangle

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I believe the technical term is borehole. Drilled all over western Australia to provide water for livestock.

I know. But resist the comment. It's way too easy, even for you.

[edit on 16-10-2008 by Phage]

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Well if you ask me, that just about closes the case on this one. An eyewitness report like that is just about the best evidence you can ask for in this situation. I was clearly too quick to dismiss the idea of some kind of antenna... perhaps it's not as unusual as I thought, to use a power source other than the "local grid" for a remote area like this.

Additionally I found one last bit of info: When zoomed in to .5 meters per pixel on that TerraServer image, the size of the shape is roughly 222 pixels wide. Basic multiplication therefore determines it to be a little over 100 meters wide along any given edge. Ironically this is exactly the estimate I was thinking of for what the size of a large antenna array, like this thing apparently is, might be.

Thanks for the info, Phage!

P.S. Can you please cite the website / source where you found out about that eyewitness?

[edit on 17-10-2008 by Magnus47]

[edit on 17-10-2008 by Magnus47]

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Thats not an impact crater!

THIS is an impact crater!

19°10'19.17"S 127°47'43.39"E

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
I believe the technical term is borehole. Drilled all over western Australia to provide water for livestock.

I would give you water holes... however I do not know many drilling techniques that make the ground crack ray pattern that is seen on these 'craters' In the bomb test area of Kirtland AFB there are hundreds of these... and those are KNOWN bomb craters... many of which now contain water for free range cattle.

There were even hundreds of rounds of live ammo still in the fields until a recent cleanup.

I appreciate that you love your sarcastic skepticism
but in this case I do not think they are boreholes for water...

More of the ray craters in Australia near the Triangle

Here is an example from Kirtland AFB Bombing Range. Notice it too is now filled with water and cattle pens nearby

Here is a collection of craters in Kirtland AFB, just south of the base and about to be used for housing. Might be good to get rid of all the live ammo still in the ground

Craters in Old Test Site Area
Here is the info on the live ammo, a map of all the big bomb craters and a picture of the big nuke they dropped by accident that would have taken out Albuquerque had it gone off

Boys and their Toys

So perhaps someone a little less cynical, or in Australia, could check if this area was ever used for bombing practice

[edit on 17-10-2008 by zorgon]

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

I would give you water holes... however I do not know many drilling techniques that make the ground crack ray pattern that is seen on these 'craters' In the bomb test area of Kirtland AFB there are hundreds of these... and those are KNOWN bomb craters... many of which now contain water for free range cattle.

[edit on 17-10-2008 by zorgon]

You said it yourself, cattle. Those are not cracks, those are trails (called pads in Australia) created by and followed by cattle walking to and from the water. Here's a definite water trough, not a crater, showing the trails.

Here's what they look like at ground level.

Here is Landsat imagery with commentary.

An example of cattle pads radiating from a bore as seen in a Landsat image

Source

[edit on 17-10-2008 by Phage]

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 04:59 AM
link   
I saw a flying thing pretty much like this shape. Also the "light" spots are in the same place.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
The only concerning evidence I observed is the fact that the trails seem to pivot around the shape indicating it's a blocked off area. (but you can't be sure).

Also, there is no one around for miles so fire is ruled out for the illumination.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   
[edit on 21-6-2009 by fxmodels]

[edit on 21-6-2009 by fxmodels]

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I definately believe that this is legit, ive seen the triangle myself.. by an airfield in clarksville tennessee. what it is i have no idea but it was flying low with no noise whatsoever...

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   
I have seen heeps of areas in remote locations using google earth.I have seen strange triangled patterns in grass and forest areas.I even spotted what looked like a large flying saucer sitting in a field in central tasmania.Another location in central tasmania is what looks like a lake ,but it is the perfect circle 200 metres across.Usually you do not see many lakes that form a perfect circle.The location is so remote you could only get there by helecopter.It could be a lake or even a crater.Then again it could be a area where a ufo landed and left a perfect circle in the bushes or grass.That image has now been cencored.I have even seen another small lake in tasmania that has eight perfect sides with some kind of pole coming out of the lake in the centre.That image has been censored aswell but still have the photos on disc with theses areas very clear.Another lake in the highlands does not look like a lake at all.It looks more like a creater.It would seem the lake is very shallow and has rock formations coming out of the water with bushs growing on the rock formations.Another area that had been censored was located on ben lomand a mountain in northern tasmania.I discovered a rock wall formation shaped like a triangle.It was about 100 metres across and looked a natral formation but shaped like a perfect triangle.You can enter the centre of the formation though a gap in the wall .Another image censored by the goverment.I believe the goverment monitors peoples usage of google earth images and if they see something unknown,secret or the need to hide it.They will hide it very quickly.
edit on 8-5-2011 by GORGANTHIUM because: added more words

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join