It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Triangle UFO caught on Google Earth *image*

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Someone found a Black Triangle UFO on Google Earth.

Source

Coordinates are 30°30'38.44"S 115°22'56.03"E if you want to check it out for yourself.

[edit on 11-3-2007 by Acharya]

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 06:52 AM
link   
I don't believe that's the case...things like this will always be airbrushed out of the picture,especially programs like google earth and world wind. All UFOs that caught by sats will be removed either by automatic identification programs or manual work. This triangle must be something else,ha ha,don't trust google.

[edit on 11-3-2007 by manlyphall]

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 07:15 AM
link   
I highly doubt this is real
Chances that a stellite caught up an ufo are quite small

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 07:34 AM
link   
If it is a UFO and it's in the air, where s it's shadow? I guess it could be sitting on the ground, but I still don't know if it's an actual UFO.

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by themaster1
Chances that a stellite caught up an ufo are quite small

I don't think so this time. In fact those sats are picking up UFO almost every second,but sat images will be undergoing the procedure of "airbrush". The final images that release to the public doeznt contain those sensitive object.

see:AirBrush - A NASA Cover-Up

www.ufoarea.com...

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 08:00 AM
link   
In case it IS an UFO.

Maybe it wasn't "obvious" enough so they didn't consider it a threat?

I've also seen flying cruise missiles quite a few times, or people talking about other ''weird'' oddities (like green round silo's and pentagons in the sand and god may know what)

[edit on 11/3/07 by -0mega-]

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Just checked it out on Google Earth... definately there. They've even named it "Australian triangle UFO" on google earth.

Interesting through, because apperently "Area 51" is being/has moved to Western Australia. It would make sense, no? Enormous piece of land, practically no inhabitants. 95% of the Australian population is on the coast.... not inland.

Anyone know anythign about this?

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I'm not sure how one can qualify that as a UFO, especially since there's no way to determine it's altitude ... or lack thereof.

As another member mentioned, the object doesn't seem to cast any "shadow". So, unless the satellite and Sun were directly overhead, it would seem that whatever it is, is in fact on the ground itself.

On the ground it measures approximately 1/2 mile from point to point.

If it is a UFO, and what we're seeing aren't "running lights", why does it appear to be, uhm ... upside down?

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 08:30 AM
link   

PINE GAP: Area 51 in Austrailia

"The United States has three major bases in Australia. One is in
South Australia (Nurranger, near Woomera, T.N.), another in New
South Wales, and the third (and by far the largest) is located within
about 230 km (143 miles) of the geographical center of the
continent, not far to the west of Alice Springs (Northern Territory),
at the foothills of the southern slopes of the MacDonnell Range.
This base is completely underground, with barely visible entrances
to the surface.

"This 'Top Secret' base is entirely financed by the United States
Government, and is officially known as the Joint Defense Space
Research Facility.

www.totse.com...

Interesting stuff.

"Several times, locals have seen WHITE DISKS about 30' in
diameter in the process of being unloaded from large US cargo
planes at the airports serving Pine Gap. Those disks had the USAF
emblem on them. It seems likely that disks are assembled and based
at Pine Gap. The number of disks seen at night leaves no doubt in
anyones mind. An amazing quantity of furniture has been delivered
by plane from the United States. The locals also say that an
enormous amount of food is stocked in warehouses of what could
well be a true multi-leveled underground city."

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 08:34 AM
link   
If that a triangle based on witness sightings, wouldn't it be flying upside down. The picture would have been taken from a top view.

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 08:57 AM
link   
"BLACK TRIANGLES SIGHTED ALL AROUND AUSTRALIA"

On Sunday, April 6, 1997, at 4:30 p.m., people in Liverpool, a suburb of Sydney, Australia spotted "a flying black rectangular object with a red/orange illumination underneath" heading for downtown Sydney.

A police sergeant "estimated the object to be approximately 6 feet by 4 feet by 4 feet in size, jet black with a bright light underneath and its speed was about 120 knots traveling to the east from the northwest. Its height appeared about 1,500 feet in altitude; no sound was heard; and the weather was clear with no wind."

On Friday, April 11, 1997, at 11:30 p.m., some people in Melbourne, Victoria (Vic.) sighted "a large matte black triangular shaped object slowly traveling from west to east. The object was sighted blocking out the view of the stars as it passed over."

The following day, Saturday, April 12, 1997, at 9:10 p.m., witnesses spotted "five bright orange illuminations in a triangle formation heading to the southeast" over Campbelltown, New South Wales (N.S.W.), about 40 miles (64 kilometers) southwest of Sydney.

Ten days later, on Tuesday, April 22, 1997, at 8:50 p.m., people in the Newscastle and Wallsend area of New South Wales reported "sighting a large black delta or triangular shaped object traveling overhead, followed by three yellow/orange ball lights" at an estimated altitude of 2,000 to 3,000 feet and at an estimated speed of 80 to 100 kilometers per hour.

On Monday, April 28, 1997, a family was driving their motor vehicle down the Pacific Highway from Newcastle, N.S.W. to Sydney. Then, at about 7 p.m., the 11 witnesses "encountered a triangular red illumination (that) pass(ed) over their motor vehicle on the highway to Sydney. The object slowly traveled over the 11 witnesses about 40 meters (132 feet) up and, once passed over, shot off at a great speed to the east." (Many thanks to Ross Dowe of Australia's National 24-Hour UFO Hotline for forwarding these sightings.)

www.ufoinfo.com...

[edit on 11-3-2007 by Navieko]

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 09:05 AM
link   
After sussing the Google Earth picture out quite a bit, my oppinion is it definately isn't a UFO...OR IFO for that matter. I'm quite sure it's on the ground. The orange spots are carefully lit fires. The inconsistancy in their size, unique movement caused by wind etc, gives the fire away. The terrain within the triangle is very similar to the terrain surrounding... just darkened. Perhaps sprayed/painted with some type of chemical.

Definately no flying object here... whether it's a hoax or just something weird those Aussie's do is the only 'conspiracy' here.

[edit on 11-3-2007 by Navieko]

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel
If that a triangle based on witness sightings, wouldn't it be flying upside down. The picture would have been taken from a top view.

Reports by people on the ground have only been descriptions from the ground view...there is no reason why there can't be lights on the top of a black triangle since no one, that we know of, has ever seen one from above...until now.

Can't imagine what else this thing could be since it fits the description perfectly -- it is a perfect triangle....it's black...has lights at each corner. Too bad we can't get video from the satellites so we could have seen how fast it was travelling.

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 09:11 AM
link   
That doesn't explain what Navieko pointed out.

The dark triangle has the same texture as the ground surrounding it.
Camouflage? Chemicals? Photoshop?

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Perhaps it is semi-transparent.

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Semi-transparant would mean camouflage, aka stealth right? (optical camo)

Because if the ship itself were actually transparent, any living beings inside should be visible (which there aren't apparently, unless those glowing lights are aliens, or unless its being remote controlled.)

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Maybe it has technology similar to what is shown here. Skip to 18 minutes.

video.google.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 10:03 AM
link   
My guess - outback farmland, nothing more.

Why a triangular shape? Who knows - could possibly be a fenced in area for feeding ostriches or cattle or whatever. Maybe its darker due to burning off brush and scrub recently. The bright points? Feeding bins where the darker suface ground has been stomped clean by myriads of livestock feeding in one spot for years. There are cattle trails all over the outlying areas.

Look, to start blurting out what this could be we need to rule out what it SHOULD be first and with out a doubt.

Maybe its even a satelitte calibration feature. They do need that from time to time.

Just my stinkin opinion...

[edit on 11-3-2007 by Lost_Mind]

[edit on 11-3-2007 by Lost_Mind]

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Maybe it IS the target reticle for a prototype ion cannon "Command & Conquer" style?

Next moment, a blue laser strikes the earth and everybody is awestruck at the immense light that seems to come from holy entities from above.

*Currently watching that video and waiting till its buffered far enough to skip to 18 minutes*

alphainfo, the video shown (that ball)
It's a camera that records the hind part, and then projects it on the ball.

It's old technology developed by the japanese (yes it's old) and it is called OPTICAL CAMOUFLAGE (which is one of the options I noted).

You could've just told me that rather than making me watch a video that has 0 use at this moment =_=.

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I viewed the area using terraserver. The free images are not the highest res but it did look like the same area. There is not a feature that looks like the triangle. The ground color looks similar and so do the roads or paths.

Comparing photos, the triangle appears very large if it is on the ground. Guess it could be a lot smaller if it's in the air.

Seems like it is a daylight photo so I wonder why the spots that look like lights? Maybe the picture has been doctored.

EDIT: Terraserver photo dated 2/2004

[edit on 3/11/2007 by roadgravel]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join