It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prison or death, which would you choose?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Life in prison, or a good amount of years or instant, painless death, which would you choose, if you had a choice?

Me? I would pick death any freakin day over any sentence to jail,

if there was a hell, jail is the definition of it, and I'm not even yet mentioning getting raped and beat up, the jail itself is enough to show you what hell is,,

what would YOU choose?

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 05:42 AM
link   
I would probably chose death.

I mean Yes I would choose death than to be forced from the mark of the beast.

/7A

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Depends on...

- how long my sentence is
- how much guilt I'm plagued with
- the chance of me getting out
- the hostility of my inmates
- the condition of the prison
- where I was being kept

If all of them are the worst, I think the prison would be doing that on purpose to punish you for the horrible crime you've committed. So obviously I'd choose death. They want you to suffer as a consequence of your actions.

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 02:06 PM
link   
death. i've already been to jail once and decided right then and there that i was NEVER goin back, and it was only for 10 hrs.

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordInfamous
death. i've already been to jail once and decided right then and there that i was NEVER goin back, and it was only for 10 hrs.

10 hours? The worst was only to come, the longer you stay the worse it gets, even without "hostile inmates", it is already worse then death, just hostile inmates make you want to die even quicker,,,, ah what a great place jail is, get arrested for a petty crime like giving someone a bag of weed, get put into hell, raped, maybe even killed, or survive, and be back on the streets, a totally different person,,,....jeez.

About being innocent, the problem is innocents do get locked up and do feel the hell and get beat and raped, and when they are found innocent, the hell had already been done......

From now on I'm gonna change the name of every locking up system such as jail, prison, Juvi, Youth Authority, Penitentiary, Correctional facility all to one simple world,, Hell,,, doesn't it have all the features of hell? I think so.

Hell is supposed to be torture, jail is that, both mentally and physically

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I would rather die than being captured but never kill myself:bnghd:I would have someone kill Me

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 10:54 AM
link   
A life is a life.

I'll take prison. Every day above ground.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I was in jail once for a night stay, and the only thing hellish about it was the food. The old timers were cool but the young kids had the lowest mentalities of anyone I had ever seen.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 02:44 PM
link   
One day is nothing, especially when you KNOW you will only be there for a day, and as far as I know, you are just in a special detaining cell, not in the actual units when you first get there.......spend at least a month there and you'll see why ppl like me put guns to our mouths when we hear the cop sirens, not that we are criminals or do anything bad, cuz even innocents get locked up

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 02:45 PM
link   
While the food is such horrible crap, it was the least of my thoughts, and in normal life, food is usually one of the first things on my mind, besides sex

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Where there is life there is hope. I would take prison any time. Sure it can be tough in prison but, frankly, life itself can be and often is tough. But at least I am alive to learn, to teach, to make friends, to try to make peace with my enemies. When you are alive, anything is possible. When you are dead, well, that's it folks. Game over. All possibility, for anything, has come to an end.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Interesting replies, but to me jail isn't living, you actually feel yourself rotting, it is real hell.....back in life, it is nowhere as bad.....take it from me, I've been near death many times, but jail....that was it man.....besides, you can die anytime, even the day you get out of jail possibly, that is, if you do get out.

Very interesting replies though

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I think I would take prison. I don't have any tatoos, so I could look forward in getting some tough prison tatoos. I would probably want to join a gang as well. I'm pretty creative and good with my hands, so I think I would be good at making knives. I nevered been someone "bitch" before, so that is also something to looked forward to. Riots seem like there good old fun to.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Hmmmmm.................
Prison, or death? Prison or death?

Prison: Getting to be Big Bubbas "friend" every so often. Nah, I don't like that idea very much - but then again, if I was Big Bubba........... Nah, just doesn't work for me.

Death: Never get to post again on ATS - nope, don't like that idea. Plus I don't like heat very much, and the smell of sulfur and brimstone makes me nauseous - and I don't look very good in red.

Wait! I got it! The perfect answer. When I was on trial, I would tell everybody that I had a really bad childhood. My mom used to make me eat all my broccoli. I had to walk my puppy EVERY day. I always had to make my own bed. I had to go to school every day. When my goldfish died, my dad flushed it down the toilet. Once when I was 6 I was watching a movie on TV, and my bed time came around, and my parents turned off the movie and made me go to bed! That I am still traumatized to this very day.

The jury would say I was the victim here, and I would have to go to a mental facility. They would give me really cool drugs and stuff. Yep, now that's perfect!

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by lombozo
Wait! I got it! The perfect answer. When I was on trial, I would tell everybody that I had a really bad childhood. My mom used to make me eat all my broccoli. I had to walk my puppy EVERY day. I always had to make my own bed. I had to go to school every day. When my goldfish died, my dad flushed it down the toilet. Once when I was 6 I was watching a movie on TV, and my bed time came around, and my parents turned off the movie and made me go to bed! That I am still traumatized to this very day.

Oh my god, lombozo! I hadn't realized that you had such a difficult childhood. Shouldn't the government compensate you somehow? I think that you deserve getting some sort of monthly subsidy check from the government. In some small way, it might help to ease the memory of witnessing your "Goldie" spiraling down the toilet. And as far as being forced to eat that broccoli, thus damaging your self-esteem and sense of well-being, certainly you should be allowed to sue your parents AND the entire "system" for not "protecting" you.
If it wasn't for the fact that I'm still trying to overcome the trauma of not getting a "Johnny Seven, One Man Army" toy gun for Christmas back in '64, I'd almost feel tempted to send you a twenty to do my small part to ease your pain.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by benevolent tyrant
If it wasn't for the fact that I'm still trying to overcome the trauma of not getting a "Johnny Seven, One Man Army" toy gun for Christmas back in '64, I'd almost feel tempted to send you a twenty to do my small part to ease your pain.

Wow, and I thought I had it bad! Yes, it's poor souls like us, overlooked by the gods that seem to bless only others, that should be subsidized by the government. After all it's all the governments fault.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Woah!

:w:
I need to quit drinking

wait I already did several years ago.....wtf?

I had a bad childhood too, when I was 6, my mother refused to buy me an AK-47, I am still traumatized to this day, especially when ppl try to do a drive by on me, I remember that AK and imagine how I would be blastin them fools if my mama did buy it for me.

top topics

join