It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Losing interest to ATS... Care to comment?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Hello,

I am losing interest in ATS because, I find a lot of discussions pointless. That is mostly cause it will be forgotten eventually and no one doesn't really have authentic education to answere peoples questions properly as it should be. Not entirely pointless of course, but it just doesn't matter most once its made 26+ pages and everyone said there thing. Once thats done, it goes down to the bottomless pit. The forum has become overrated and severely unorganized. Despite having to search up things of interest, there is just to many errors to descipher... Unless someone really wants to sit and browse threads who is keen on mentally throwing away arguments to flaws, go ahead... It's there. It just takes to much time!

Than again, nothings perfect eh?

/7A

[edit on 11/3/2007 by 7Ayreon]

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 09:18 AM
link   
that is a problem on a forum that ranges as wide ats does, it encompasses so much that it can be hard to keep up and so much is of absolutely no interest to many people but at the same time there are people that are committed to subjects that i think are a waist of time,but that is their prerogative and i really can't say what is a valid topic and what isn't as I'm not omnipotent. so yes it can be a real time waster but if you think about it isn't that what any hobby really is a time waster , you have to focus in on the subjects you want to discuss or at least lurk on and let the rest flow off your back .

[edit on 11-3-2007 by wcssar]

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by 7Ayreon
I find a lot of discussions pointless. ... no one doesn't really have authentic education to answere peoples questions properly

I fully understand your feeling on this. Fully.

Sometimes you get 75 pages of
and and pointless blabbering that changes nothing. A waste of time.

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 03:08 PM
link   
been there friend.... about a year ago or maybe two, got burned out... stepped away for a few months and then came back...

it was a good move...

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I think that where a lot of this comes in is that you get to the point to where you already know what certain posters responses are going to be.

For example,

On threads about Aliens, you already know what the "debunkers" are going to say.

On threads about religions, you already know what Christians or athiests responses are going to be.

On threads about secret societies, you already know what Anti-Masons or Masons responses are going to be.

It does, I admit, get tiresome sometimes. However, in situations like that, you just have to focus on those posters who bring something new to each and every thread, rather than those posters, much like myself at times, :shk:
that say the same things, over and over and over again.

new topics

top topics

join