It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria and Iran discuss Military coop today?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I thought the US and Iran were trying to work something out in Bahgdad today. Well according to Zinhua they finished up in Syria. Is this something to indicate an escalation or what? Link
news.xinhuanet.com...

[edit on 10-3-2007 by u4itornot]

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 11:58 PM
link   
This link explains they already entered into an agreement last June
for military cooperation. You just have to wonder what might be going
on.
www.spacewar.com...

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Also check this out look where four of the eight Naval battle grougs currently at sea are located. I hope that is enough to scare them off from doing something stupid.
judicial-inc.biz...

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 11:28 AM
link   
They'd be morons not to cooperate, the US and Israel have been openly discussing attacking both. I can't say I find anything threatening about them cooperating to defend themselves from attack. It's not Iran and Syria I worry about doing something stupid - frankly there is not much they can do - it's us.

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Well the kind of co-operation they are talking is the Sunni Maadhi Army and the Shia militia of Mqtadah al Sadar agreeing not to fight each other but rather to work together to drive out the Foreign armies.

Sadly at the forefront of this new approach are several new false allegations being spread by Mqtadah al Sadar accusing the Americans of causing the bombings.

That is real doublethink disinformation. It is however quickly gaining currency with ordinary Iraqis and in terms of winning hearts and minds, it means the insurgency has now found a new weapon called propaganda.

Calling the co-operation between Syria and Iran self defence is like saying the mafia are justified in bribing officials to escape conviction.

I don't support the occupation of Iraq, but I don't suck up to poor little Iranians and Syrians being innocent victims either.

[edit on 25-5-2007 by sy.gunson]

join