It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria deploys thousands of rockets on Israel's border?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 09:54 PM
link   

This coming war is shaping up to be far more significant than the 6-Day War of 1967 or the Yom Kippur War of 1973. This war will have Syria buttressed strategically by Iran and Russia. Another key item is the presence of massive US/NATO military power to the east in Iraq, the Persian Gulf/Arabian Sea, and in Afghanistan, not to mention and EU military in southern Lebanon. The mixed forces in Lebanon could lead to a military free-for-all.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This would not be a good thing-I may have sources for more info.

LINK

*edited to add link

[edit on 3/10/2007 by mrmonsoon]

mod edit: title tweaked

[edit on 3/11/2007 by Gools]

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 10:10 PM
link   
That story appeared on Debka a couple days ago.

debka.com...

Probably Syria just taking precautions in case the US and Israel try the ole one two; US attack Iran and Israel attack Syria. Then again, Iran and Syria might try the ole one two themselves. And with over 200,000 more Israelis in these rocket's sights, it further puts the pressure on Israel to do something. The question is: what?

Israel attacking Syria would no doubt bring Hezbollah right over the border, not to mention the likelihood of Iranian missiles as well because of the Iran-Syria defense pact.

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I agree that its just precausions in case the Israel or US attacks Iran, is nothing wrong for a country caught in the middle of wars trying to protect their borders.

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Agreed, Syria is doing the smart thing here.

I'm not liking where it's going though... this is turning out to be quite the bloodbath both sides are preparing. I think when the time comes, I'm just going to turn the news off, knowing I saw it coming and tried to voice my oppinion... outside of that, if the war supporters want to go over there and get themselves killed, I won't have any sympathy for them... only the civillians who'se homes are being destroyed and loved ones getting killed. They are the only true victims here.

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 03:32 PM
link   
My concern is that Syria will take advantage of a war/battle between Israel and Iran to attack Israel.I full expect Hamas and Hez's to try to take this opportunity to do some more murdering of civillians , children and the elderly.

The truely sad part is I am right.

I expect if that does happen, Syria will fell a great wrath.

Remember, Syria DOES have military targets and I don't think this time they will allow their enemy to hid behind civilians as they attack and run.

With all this, what will Russia and China do???

I expect they will not be directly involved-at least openly, that said, I am SURE they will be happy to provide any and all tech and military hardware/tyraining and even "observvers"-
-to watch.

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 03:52 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gools

I dunno if it's quite that bad, Gools. Debka often publishes mainstream stories too, and has some degree of credibility. Couldn't be any worse than say, Rense or WorldNutDaily. Those sites had to mix some truth in there SOMEWHERE.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Well there goes the hypothesis that Israel needs the Golan so badly to keep Syria from attacking. When you have rockets it really doesn't matter about high ground anymore.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 08:20 PM
link   
As has been said many times before, wars ca not be won without feet on the ground.
This means men, tanks and supplies.
For the rockets-hilltops are less important, but for the men/tanks and such-it is still very important.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Israel will have to be killing a hell of a lot more civilians than it usualy does to try and stamp out "terrorism" in Syria if they ever did attempt to occupy that place. Thankfuly America and Europe have probably prevented them from bombing Damascus into the ground so far.

new topics

top topics

join