It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Knights of Columbus

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Another question:

I was reading in what was probably a slanted article that the Knights of Columbus used to use/ maintain secret work much like other fraternities in order to keep the interest and attract new members.

Without violating our oaths does anyone know what this secret work might be since it has long since passed out of the ceremonies.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by OldMedic

Untrue...I know of a DD who is a member of the Knights of Pythias, which is mentioned by name in the Code of Canon Law as being a society forbidden to join by the Catholic Church, and thus would cause the person to no longer be a "Practical Catholic". I further know that Supreme Council was informed of this gentleman's membership in the K of P, and the response was "Unless the Pastor or Local Ordinary (bishop or archbishop) says the person is no longer a Practical Catholic, then they can remain a member of the Knights of Columbus".

The same goes for members who are divorced and remarried with no annullment.

It seems the KC Supreme Council is more concerned about retaining members, at any cost, than to enforce its rules.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by DontTreadOnMe

Untrue. I've been through all four KC degrees, and while some or a few of the members have black robes, not all of them do - some or the robes are red, some sare blue, and some are purple. Others are not robed at all.

If the suggestion is that everyone was bedecked in black robes, then no, its not true.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

I'm a 4th Degree member, and never has a hood, blue or otherwise been seen or used in my experience. There are portions where the candidates are blindfolded, so it could have been used for that purpose. My blindfold looked like the Lone Ranger mask, without holes where your eyes would be.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
The Knights of Columbus have historically been in the New World, and other areas outside the Americas that were discovered/settled/claimed by Spain, such as:

USA
Canada
Mexico
Dominican Republic
Philippines
Guam
Puerto Rico

Now the Knights have expanded to Poland - a nation not even remotely associated with the areas listed above. This is likely due to the long pontificate of John Paul II and his relationship to the Knights of Columbus.

I'm wondering if the Knights will use their footprint in Poland to expand elsewhere in Europe, perhaps in Germany, given Benedict XVI being from Germany?

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I'm likely to return to "active duty" in the Knights after an 8 year hiatus due to work and kids. I transferred to the largest local council where I could just pay my dues and be an anonymous member for a while.

At the local council I'm returning to, I'll probably start at the bottom of the officer's ladder - Guard, which is fine by me.

I may also take up an office in the 4th Degree, again at the bottom of the officer's ladder - Sentinel.

I'm also being recruited to be a District Warden (assistant to the District Deputy).

We'll see how it goes...

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Knights of Columbus
The Ceremonies are all about being good.
1st degree: Charity
2nd degree: Unity
3rd degree: Fraternity
4th degree Patriotism
The Knights of Columbus usually donate well over a $100mil at year to charity. (last year over $170mil)
Habitat for Humanity, Special Olympics, Healing Haiti are just a few of the Charities that receive $$
Usually around 70 mil man hours a year
No creepy rituals -
Just a bunch of dudes trying to figure out how to make this a better place.

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join