It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Knights of Columbus

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 11:06 AM
link   

“Columbus wasn't Spanish, he was Italian…”

Not necessarily that is up too question, and anyways he and Spain do have an affinity with each other, he was made a Spanish Admiral.

Isabella infamous?! Her and her husband successfully drove Muslim invaders from Iberia after nearly 900 years of their occupation. The movement they completed wasn't called the Reconquista for nothing; Spain was Christian before the Muslims came, the 900 year struggle merely made the area Christian once again. Sounds like a good thing to me...

Apologies for my misuse of the word infamous, what I meant was that they were extremely well-known and stupidly did not realise that "infamous" meant that they were known for having a bad reputation.

I better stop before this goes too far off topic beyond where you've already lead it.

Again apologies, I was trying to make a connection between the two groups, which I thought was relevant.

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by pacotj
Hi! I'm also a Knight from Tijuana. From wich council are you?

Look at my signature, my council # is in there, I also sent you a u2u.

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 06:21 PM
link   
It's funny this thread came up...
I was getting my haircut yesterday at a barbershop here in Baltimore.
All Italian barbers. The subject of Knights of Columbus came up and all 4 Italian barbers said most of the Baltimore area members are linked to the Italian mob. That they were certain. When I was younger the only men my family new in that organization were all Italian. The barbers told me that just about all the Baltimore chapter members were all older Italian men.....and that in Baltimore at least, there is a mob connection. Other than that, I know absolutely nothing of this organization at all.
My 2 cents.

[edit on 7-1-2007 by rocknroll]

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by rocknroll
I know absolutely nothing of this organization at all
[edit on 7-1-2007 by rocknroll]

If you wanted to learn more you could go to the Supreme Council of the Knights of Columbus website at www.kofc.org...

CC

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by chief_counsellor
If you wanted to learn more you could go to the Supreme Council of the Knights of Columbus website at www.kofc.org...

CC

That's cool! I checked out your site. It appears to be for a good cause. I've heard of them for years; they have a couple local chapters in my area. People make up rumors all the time. These barbers were a riot to listen to. Baltimore probably happens to have alot of Italian knights. I guess people see a bunch of nice-looking, middle-aged, Italian men gathering and the first thing that pops in their head is "the mob". I guess Hollywood's partly responsible for that stereotype. No offense meant at all. And I am a Catholic by the way.

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 09:41 PM
link   

That's cool! I checked out your site. It appears to be for a good cause. And I am a Catholic by the way.

Are you a practical Catholic male, obedient to the laws and precepts of the Church and over 18?

If so, I recommend looking into a council near you. U2U me and I can find a council in your area.

CC

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Are you a practical Catholic male, obedient to the laws and precepts of the Church and over 18? If so, I recommend looking into a council near you. U2U me and I can find a council in your area.

Well, to be honest, I'm not sure what you mean as "practical"?

I tend to go in and out of being lukewarm and humbly obedient. I love and believe in the Holy Trinity. I love the Blessed Mother. I am one of Padre Pio's spiritual children. I love the Church. I love my religion. But, I'm not there every Sunday if that is what you mean? It's weird........I go through periods where I'm zealous for God (attending Church, communion, confession regularly) and then I fall lukewarm. I wish I could ride the "spiritual" high forever, but sometimes it kinda leaves me. This doesn't change my beliefs though.

Another thing that I might have going against me in your organization is that I am a celibate, inactive, gay man. This is a "sticky" issue with the Church! But, I am inactive and celibate! I lived a wild life when I was younger, but came to the realization years back that the gay lifestyle was not for me, and that my happiness would be found elsewhere......this was when I guess I really got into God and religion again (after tuning it out for years). So, I've been inactive for almost 5 years. Done tons of soulsearching. But through all I've experienced and been through I still have my faith, which has led to hope and eventually love in a form that is good for my soul, and what lies hereafter.

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Another thing that I might have going against me in your organization is that I am a celibate, inactive, gay man. This is a "sticky" issue with the Church! But, I am inactive and celibate!

Being gay does not bar you from joining the Knights of Columbus.

What is a practical Catholic?
A practical Catholic is one who is in union with the Holy See and who practices the precepts of the Catholic Church.

Here are a few Q&A's on membership

www.kofc.org...

CC

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Being gay does not bar you from joining the Knights of Columbus.
What is a practical Catholic?
A practical Catholic is one who is in union with the Holy See and who practices the precepts of the Catholic Church.

I'm kinda/sorta there. All I'd have to do is start going to Church again (it's been months). It's a thought! I could use more friends. When I became celibate I kinda tuned all my old gay friends out. And when you're 43 it's kinda hard to make friends......it's not like when you're a kid out on the playground.

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 11:16 PM
link   

I'm kinda/sorta there. All I'd have to do is start going to Church again (it's been months). It's a thought! I could use more friends. When I became celibate I kinda tuned all my old gay friends out. And when you're 43 it's kinda hard to make friends......it's not like when you're a kid out on the playground.

When you decide to give the Knights of Columbus a try, you'll be joining over 1.7 Million Brothers worldwide, that will welcome you with open arms.

That's one thing I love about the K of C, the fraternal ties. Whenever I travel to another city for a long or short period of time, I look up the local K of C council or Brother Knights in the area, and there is an instant common fraternal bond, with a brother who is willing to help you in your needs.

CC

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 02:06 PM
link   
In the last issue of Columbia there is an article about honosexuality and the Church, you should check it out.

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 11:13 PM
link   

In the last issue of Columbia there is an article about honosexuality and the Church, you should check it out.

Which issue...the December 2006 issue? or November 2006 issue? I'll try to find the last couple Columbia magazines and see if I can find the article. Although I know what the Church's stand is on homosexuality.

CC

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 05:32 PM
link   
The January issue.

Francisco Perez
Tijuana, Mexico

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 05:33 PM
link   
The January 2007 issue.

Francisco Perez
Tijuana, Mexico

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 09:34 PM
link   

The January 2007 issue.

Francisco Perez
Tijuana, Mexico

Ahh, I see. I haven't got my Jan. issue yet...takes awhile for us Canadians to get our issues, they are always late!

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 09:35 PM
link   
double post.......

[edit on 11-1-2007 by chief_counsellor]

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 12:35 PM
link   
It's on page 24. Pretty interesting.

Also an article about the Pope's visit in Turkey.

Should get the NWO conspiracy theorists stirred.

[edit on 13-1-2007 by Appak]

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 11:24 PM
link   
The Knights are a pretty transpatent organization....Except for the thought control devices we implant in the tootsie rolls....sorry, couldn't resist.

Seriously, the Order was founded in response to the virulent Anti-Catholic sentiment in the US. The Know-Nothing party is the most obvious example of the systematic hatred 19th century Catholic faced. The Order provided us with a voice that spoke with organization and ever-growing numbers. Today, Knights still fight to defend Catholic values in a secular world. We also do a lot for our churches and local communities. Few fraternal organizations have donated as much as the KofC did after Katrina, for example.

The 'secret' aspect of the Knights - our degree ceremonies - are much like the official and unofficial ceremonies I participated in when I was in the Army; they are designed to bind us in a shared experience, to give us a common history and close comarederie. With some 2 million Knights, our 'secrets' bind total strangers into brothers. That's all.

If it's religion and conspiracy you are seeking, pick on the Scientologists......

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Wow, ressurecting an old thread eh? Good to see we have a few Brother Knights on board here...even some double agents!!! lol.

Greetings Brother Knight.

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 08:57 AM
link   
If the KofC is not a Secret Society can you please provide us with a copy of your rituals, passwords, and handshakes.

Thank you in advance.

Cory

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join