It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Knights of Columbus

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by chief_counsellor
pbrez, it is common practice in Ontario for degrees to be held seperately. Councils in Ontario mostly prefer to do each degree on a seperate occasion. When a DD tried to hold more than 1 degree in a day here where I live, it was frowned upon by a majority of the councils.

So it is not impossible to be a 2nd degree. Many Districts have each degree on seperate days, maybe this is more common of practice in Canada.

I send you a U2U, have you received it yet PBREZ?

Sorry for the miss understanding, I guess it is different per location. I did get the u2u and replied.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 02:29 PM
link   
A recap of the last fraternal year (2003-2004) for the Knights of Columbus as a whole.

Volunteer outreach at record highs of $130 million raised and donated to charity and 60 million hours of service.

taken from www.kofc.org...

CC

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Well, I'm starting to some studying into the history of the Knights of Columbus, and I've found some very interesting things, but nothing I'm going to share due to the fact that until I verify the information I view it all as speculation. I will say, however, that I was talking to a friend of mine who said is Grandfather is a Mason. He's from Columbus, Ohio, (the Columbus thing may be a coincidence, I dunno). I haven't verified any of this, but I trust my friend to some extent. He says that the Masons and the KofC don't get along too well in his city. He also said this, and I quote, "The Knights of Columbus run Columbus, Ohio like the mafia." I don't really know what to think of that.

I was also on a website for a Masonic lodge where they were explaining that in order to become a member of The Knights Of Columbus you have to be a certain rank in the Masons first.

Okay, so I shared some unverified information, and I'm sorry. Please take it as such and maybe do some research on the subject. I think maybe the website I was at was maybe a different...denomination of Masons perhaps? I dunno. It is interesting stuff though.

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Well, typically the religions associated with the Masons are those out of Scotland, who, on the whole, didn't stay Catholic so since that time the Masons are much less affiliated with the Catholic Church than before Luther and Prodestantism and such.
Your friend/friend's grandfather is right; Masons, KC, and Mormons all tend to fight amoungst each other and each has its various stronghold locations; all three would like to be the most dominant fraternity and sometimes fight for membership numbers/money at the detriment of quality (no offense intended). This is primarily b/c all three tend to be associated with different religions, especially with Mormons and the KC since Mormons and Catholics tend to have trouble with each other's religion.

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 02:27 AM
link   
[edit on 26-11-2004 by azness]

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by azness
Your friend/friend's grandfather is right; Masons, KC, and Mormons all tend to fight amoungst each other and each has its various stronghold locations; all three would like to be the most dominant fraternity and sometimes fight for membership numbers/money at the detriment of quality (no offense intended). This is primarily b/c all three tend to be associated with different religions, especially with Mormons and the KC since Mormons and Catholics tend to have trouble with each other's religion.

I noticed you placed Mormons in the same category as Masons and the KofC. I guess that shouldn't surprise, because of my own beliefs about the relationships between them all, but I can't deny that it did surprise me. You kind of refered to them as a "fraternity". Which I've never considered the Mormons that way, especially since I was a Mormon for sixteen years. That kind of opened my mind a little, though. Because I know a lot about how the Mormons work, but next to nothing about how the KofC or the Masons work. Hmmmmm, this is something for me to think about...

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 09:38 AM
link   

I was also on a website for a Masonic lodge where they were explaining that in order to become a member of The Knights Of Columbus you have to be a certain rank in the Masons first.

The Supreme Council of the Knights of Columbus (The International Headquarters in New Haven, CT) responded to an email I wrote saying that the Catholic Church forbids it's members to join Freemasonry, "A Knight can not be a Mason, and a Mason can not be a Knight". It is forbidden by the church, and the Supreme Council of the Order (Although either by ignorance or disobedience dual memebership does occur).

The Knights of Columbus was founded by Fr. Micheal J. McGivney, in order to give Catholics the opportunity to join an order approved by the church, instead of secret societies forbidden by the church, by offering fraternal benefits available to Catholics within the mentioned order.

CC

[edit on 26-11-2004 by chief_counsellor]

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by an3rkist

Originally posted by azness

I noticed you placed Mormons in the same category as Masons and the KofC. I guess that shouldn't surprise, because of my own beliefs about the relationships between them all, but I can't deny that it did surprise me. You kind of refered to them as a "fraternity". Which I've never considered the Mormons that way, especially since I was a Mormon for sixteen years. That kind of opened my mind a little, though. Because I know a lot about how the Mormons work, but next to nothing about how the KofC or the Masons work. Hmmmmm, this is something for me to think about...

Are you saying mormons dont protect their own?

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by pbrez

That's not what I meant by that at all, because I know for a fact that they do. What I meant is that generally people don't lump the Mormons in with those other two. I agree that they should be, and that's why I mentioned it. And you may have noticed that I said "opened my mind a little." Because although I didn't USED to think of them in that way, I should have been this whole time.

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by an3rkist

Originally posted by pbrez

That's not what I meant by that at all, because I know for a fact that they do. What I meant is that generally people don't lump the Mormons in with those other two. I agree that they should be, and that's why I mentioned it. And you may have noticed that I said "opened my mind a little." Because although I didn't USED to think of them in that way, I should have been this whole time.

No offense meant in the last post just wanted to clarify it.

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Personally, I think there's a major difference: Mormonism is a religion, while Freemasonry and Knights of Columbus are fraternal organizations. I would presume that Masonry and KofC have much more in common with each other than Mormonism to either of the two.

Also, Masonry and KofC are not hostile towards each other; they're simply separate organizations. Neither is Masonry hostile towards Mormonism; Masonry used to refuse to admit to Mormons, but that was because of the practice of polygamy, a criminal offense...not because of their religious beliefs.

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Geez, believe it or not, everything is not sum Neo-Nazi, New World Order Secret Society. This is a completely legitimate society that helps out in the community, and not it is not a cover for more"sinister" plans. Seriously guys, your like Barney Fife looking for someone to break the law in mayberry. Calm it down a notch, your starting to offend some honest good people.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Holy Blissful, 3 warns already? And your so new!!!

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 02:59 PM
link   
That was posted before he saw the light.

Officer Barbrady, "Move along, nothing to see here."

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by TgSoe
I bet it was started by Masons in the church.

The orgiginal forum was The order was called the Nights Templar in the crusades, During which Chritains in the church where mobilized in military form, they often protected travelers in their journeys, provided civic services, and many other beneficial activities, Now although their was a militant begining never where the intents to be as those religious zellets of today are. They where much like a the Red Cross, Minute Men, and Clergy all rolled up in one.

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 10:16 AM
link   
The KCs were founded in 1882 in New Haven, CT by Rev. Fr. Michael J. McGivney and several men of his parish to:

1) Allow Catholic men to receive life insurance (many insurance companies at the time would not issue life insurance to Catholics)
2) Give them an "approved alternative" to Freemasonry
3) To provide opportunities for wholesome social interaction
4) To provide a vehicle to perform corporate works of mercy and charity

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Hi! I'm also a Knight from Tijuana. From wich council are you?

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Maybe this was posted before or maybe on a different blog. But it will open everyone's eyes on a lot of the things we think we know.."Project for the Exposure of Hidden Institutions"..Go there and read it, awesome, Posted on the web in November 2006. This is one of the best sites I've found yet..... Enjoy..and pass it on.

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I have come to the conclusion that the Knights of Columbus are certainly not Masons. The forming of the Knights of Columbus seems to paralell with the Knights of Santiago from the 12th century (their is branches still around today), The knights of Columbus takes its name from one of Spains infamous sons, whilst the Daughters of Isabella has the name of one of Spains most famous daugthers, The knights of Santiago were a group of knights based in the Iberian region consisting of both Spain & Portugal (whos nations were exclusive to membership). Though the knights of Santiago were in essence a "militaristic" order their is IMO a great similarity.

Knights of Santiago

Knights of Columbus

This like it shows on Chief_counsellor avatar is the emblem of a 4th degree member of the KoC.

[edit on 5-1-2007 by marcopolo]

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by marcopolo
The knights of Columbus takes its name from one of Spains infamous sons, whilst the Daughters of Isabella has the name of one of Spains infamous daugthers,

Columbus wasn't Spanish, he was Italian...

Isabella infamous?! Her and her husband successfully drove Muslim invaders from Iberia after nearly 900 years of their occupation. The movement they completed wasn't called the Reconquista for nothing; Spain was Christian before the Muslims came, the 900 year struggle merely made the area Christian once again. Sounds like a good thing to me...

In reality, nearly all current Muslim areas were conquered from Christians, Hindus, or Buddists. The only true historical Muslim area, in my opinion, is Arabia.

I better stop before this goes too far off topic beyond where you've already lead it.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join