It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Knights of Columbus

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by echelon

knightline.org/faq.html:
Question: May I become a Knight of Columbus while also being a Freemason?

Answer: Absolutely not. Catholicism and Freemasonry are incompatible. One cannot be both a Catholic in good standing and a member of the Freemasonry. [/url].

At least, they are incompatible at the lower levels. I imagine the highest levels get along quite well~~

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 07:56 AM
link   
So if the pope is the anti-christ... what woudl that make the KOC??? sounds sinister to me

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by groovyguru
So if the pope is the anti-christ... what woudl that make the KOC??? sounds sinister to me

You can read on their homepage that the pope has ordered them to deliver one of ten representatives to some peace committee. This may be his ten horns even. Would fit perfectly. That's how they have been going on always, by hiding behind some peace and order mask.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 05:15 PM
link   
You people who say that the Knights have an ulterior motive than just being a fraternity are plain wrong. The Knights are dedicated to service of our church and communities as well as the world in the many charitable things we do. The Knights do so much for all people, regardless of race or creed. Generations of men of my family have been nights, and I also am a Knight, and I also have relatives involved with the Masons. I can honestly tell you the only thing they have in common is their charitable works, nothing more; The principles that each stand for is completely different. And it is incorrect to say that a Catholic may become a Mason, it is strictly forbidden by the Vatican. And the name Columbus was chosen because he was the Christian Discoverer of the Americas, what is so weird about that? Simply put, from an actual Knight, the order is simply a fraternity sworn to the protection of the church and it's beliefs through charity work and public education of our religious principles. Thanks for reading, I hope this helps.

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I generally agree with the above. At one time, a lot of American Catholics were joining the Masons, which was frowned upon by the Church. So a group of Catholics formed the KofC in order to establish an all-Catholic fraternal order. The KofC is similar to Masonry in many ways, but also different. Masonry continues to express the importance of separation of church and state, which is what caused its riff with the Roman Church in the first place.
The KofC are for the most part a benevolent organization. As most of you know, I�m no fan of Catholicism, but I applaud the KofC for their philanthropies and humanitarian endeavors. I have a close friend who belongs to KofC, and if he is any representative of the Order, then America is better place because of them.
Kildrin stated that the Vatican is opposed to Masonry, which is true; however, the excommunication of Masons rule is generally disregarded in the US, and an officer in my Blue Lodge is a Roman Catholic (although not a KofC).

Fiat Lvx.

Originally posted by kildrin
You people who say that the Knights have an ulterior motive than just being a fraternity are plain wrong. The Knights are dedicated to service of our church and communities as well as the world in the many charitable things we do. The Knights do so much for all people, regardless of race or creed. Generations of men of my family have been nights, and I also am a Knight, and I also have relatives involved with the Masons. I can honestly tell you the only thing they have in common is their charitable works, nothing more; The principles that each stand for is completely different. And it is incorrect to say that a Catholic may become a Mason, it is strictly forbidden by the Vatican. And the name Columbus was chosen because he was the Christian Discoverer of the Americas, what is so weird about that? Simply put, from an actual Knight, the order is simply a fraternity sworn to the protection of the church and it's beliefs through charity work and public education of our religious principles. Thanks for reading, I hope this helps.

[Edited on 30-4-2004 by Masonic Light]

[Edited on 30-4-2004 by Masonic Light]

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Surprisingly I know of several Catholics who are Masons, but then again they were all ignorant of the Papal Bull (Which was re-ratified in 1983 by Pope John Paul II).
The one guy I showed it to refused to believe it was real so I told him to ask his Priest.
Dunno whether he did or not - but then again he doesn't publicly admit his membership either so it would be hard for him to ask this anyway.

Mind you this KoC mob look no different to the Anglican group I used to belong to anyway and they have a clear statement as to their allegiance - The Catholic Church, not themselves.

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 07:24 AM
link   
KoC places are a dime a dozen in NYC...my uncle is a member...they just seem to hung out a bunch and do ALOT of charity work...

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 09:10 AM
link   
alright .........now im gonna put my two cents in of what i know of the Knights.

I personally know of people who are in the Knights of Columbus .....note: i dont personally know them ....I know who they are.

Depending on what part of America you live in..... The Knights are heavily infiltrated with Mafioso in the north of the country and i know of towns where the only members who belong to the knights of columbus belong to the mafia and they use it as a cover with all there nice little fund raisers for handicapped kids and scholarships and what not....so if you think there is nothing sinister about the Knights i can tell you your WRONG !!!
Just like John Gotti and all his nice little 4th of july parties and helping out the community get togethers...its just a front and distraction to carry out illegal activities...im not saying its like that every where but i know its like that in some regions.

[Edited on 1-5-2004 by watcheroftheskies]

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Are you suggesting that the KoC use their charity facade to laundring mafia dirty money? That's pretty heavy thing to claim. Have you got anything to back up this?

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Dudes you guys are finding fake skeletons in the closet,
I just joined this group in Mexico , there is no mafia here, we are trying to raise 2000 bucks to eliminate church debt, the church is just a shack so far , we have just built a house for a little old lady cuz it burneddown , I have joined this group got through the initiation wich consisted of shirts, tee-shirts or suits , no black robes , all symbology is explained and very very christian, tomorrow we will hold an hour of prayer for the comunity so God can helps us out in our poor church , friday we will go to somone's house and pray for a sick girl who is dying , no masonory here but the structure is similar , I have gone to the philipines to a knights of columbus building and they gave me food and lodging when My plane got delayed , it is ALOT ALOT of charity work , it is all charity work and prayer , the clergy of the church are the ones ultimately in charch of our chapter , they can kick us out if they want to but all is cool , no mafia here , hahahaha! the mafia can be anywhere , even in this site or in your family , so do not make up stories anyone can join this group if he is a catholic in good standing , a fundamentalist christain lied and joined the group , he was found out and we told him he has to leave but can still come to prayer and church services , he told us he wanted to discover the real ulternatives and found a ton of charity work , almost too much to handle for him , Catholics ar into that form of sacrifice in our group our founder a preist from 1880 is our hero and of course , Mother Teresa , this is a world wide organizaton with 1.6 million members , donation for the poor in the world was 20 billion dollors in the last 10 years , my chapter is poor and in debt we helped the poor on loaned money , that is the reality , if you are catholic join it and see but be prepared to work alot , if you are not catholic please respect us and do not join but you are welcome to help .

LEON MARTINEZ

SAN DIEGO AND TIJUANA

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 01:02 PM
link   
well leon just because there is nothing going on with the knights of columbus in your area doesnt mean its not going on in other regions

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Yes , we will take over the world , the hungry will be fed and more people will pray , I have been in several chapters to visit and by golly the boy scouts use the K of C offices for their meetings , that little society will be also recruited and will be our future masters of philantropy , I work for the department of defense and in a "good " spot too , just military work with new toys .
I am not in the military.

What we should be worried about is not hersay and rumours , good strong empirical as well as strong acumulation of facts should support what one says and not just paranoia caused by unsupported opinions.
I am sure there may be corruption like anywhere but I am sure it is unlikely or rare in this case , too many eyes and ears and way too open for anyone to join and go up n the ranks.

I beleive in parapsycology becuse I have seen very very weird crap but I have no evidence to support my belief , just some solid expreiences with many witnesses.

So how do you know , what facts ? Become an insider spy and work your butt off for the poor , you would probably become part of the flock or run away really tired , I am tired but love it .

LEON

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 02:08 PM
link   
ok...

www.freedomdomain.com...

www.voxfux.com...

and if you want more ill find them for you .......and you work for the military ?

[Edited on 6-5-2004 by watcheroftheskies]

[Edited on 6-5-2004 by watcheroftheskies]

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 03:44 PM
link   
The knights of saint john that you link have nothing to do with the knights of columbus , these guys died off and their last stance was in Russia , they were a military power that started during the crusades but died off in the early 1800's same as the knights of templar , newer ideas and people sort of kept the name and resurected the society into something different , the knights of st john are all gone and some little groups wanted to resurect it into a secret society and an open fraternity that has hospitals in northern Africa, the knights of templar was the same kind of group originally , a Catholic military order that died off completely and was resurrected by americans and the brits as a secret society related to Masonery , many Catholic orders have died off during the centuries , their mystery and history gives them and aura , I can Reserrect the Knights of Saint Sebastain and make it a secret society with all the made up non cristian ritauls and worship Klingon Gods .

The knights of Columbus has no history it was jus made up by an Irish priest in 1880 to help the poor , making it similar to the Masonic structure brought alot of prominent men into the ranks that would have joined a masonic lodge, it's similarity is no coincidence.

The rituals are made up but very mysterious looking and cool but it is all very Christian , a Christian guy's club .

LEON

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I personnaly knew an old men who was a Knight (the grand father of my best friend) and I've read quit a bit about them, and I must say I never got any evil vibe from this organisation.

You just can't suspect all similar fraternity to be evil and oriented toward sinister goals ala NWO.

If you want to suspect something, I'd suspect the whole Catholic religion.

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 03:53 PM
link   
The original Knights of Malta and the KNights of Templar have nothing to do with the church and are dead and gone , just the name is used to make seem it had a continual history , invention of our English speaking countries .

It is kind of like resurection of Panam Airlines or American motors, Bugatti , indian motorcycles , They were dead and gone but the name was still cool for some people. Like resurrecting secret confederate society and claim it never died , continuity is the secret to a real old organization , it will change very little if
it dies and is recreated it is a different animal like resurecting the wolly mamoth and turning into a Giraff and still call it the wooly mamoth .

I do work for our military , I do lots of cool stuff like the main civilain guy in the movie , hunt for red october.
I am a GS-12 .

LEON

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 04:14 PM
link   
o.k...........

www.acts2.com...

now i dont know what the knights of columbus are doing in your area sir but i can tell you from first hand knowledge (whether you care to believe me or not) but the region im talking about and the couple of towns that i know first hand of and the people who i know belong to mafia are in the knights of columbus.
This will be my last addition to this thread....

[Edited on 7-5-2004 by watcheroftheskies]

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by watcheroftheskies
well leon just because there is nothing going on with the knights of columbus in your area doesnt mean its not going on in other regions

It looks like it atleast has the perfect facade, looking at some of the replies her. Noone would suspect an organisation which builds new houses for old ladies, for fraud?

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by m0rbid
If you want to suspect something, I'd suspect the whole Catholic religion.

Marvelous! Yes, the Catholic Church is the big bad wolf. Don't know if it's a sign, but they just put on Ave Maria by Shubert on the radio. But no vocals there. Apparently it is a chello solo. And what a nice one too!

[Edited on 6-5-2004 by Camelop�rdalis]

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Camelop�rdalis
It looks like it atleast has the perfect facade, looking at some of the replies her. Noone would suspect an organisation which builds new houses for old ladies, for fraud?

Perhaps. But there is a serious flaw in watcherofthesky�s argument that has not yet been addressed. He (or she) seems to be saying something to the effect that if the chair in the corner of the room had an invisible cat in it, it would appear to be empty. The chair now appears to be empty; therefore, it must have an invisible cat in it.
I am neither a Roman Catholic nor a Knight of Columbus, nor am I particularly sympathetic to that Church. But I try to remain unbiased on the issues, and refuse to make judgment on anything based only on hearsay. No evidence has been offered to support the charge that the KofC are involved in mob activity, only anonymous claims without documentation. I am all too familiar with similar tactics, equally unfounded, being used against my own fraternity.
Therefore, I�d request watcherofthesky to post some sort of evidence backing up the allegation. Otherwise, I�m forced to conclude that the chair is just plain old empty without recourse to invisible cats.

Fiat Lvx.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join