It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Knights of Columbus

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2003 @ 11:50 AM
link   
These guys seem a little more public than Masons,
but have a similar structure.

www.kofc.org...

posted on Dec, 23 2003 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Hmmm...never thought much about them. Got a xmas card from my aunt & uncle the other day. They always write a yearly newsletter. Anyway, my uncle is now a full time Grand Somthing of the Knights.

Hmmmm....

posted on Dec, 23 2003 @ 09:36 PM
link   
They've got those neat hats, swords and capes. Although they look way too hot in the 4 of July parade.

posted on Dec, 23 2003 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Just a Catholic Fraternity I dont think theres much to be worried about with this bunch...but them again you never know.

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 07:07 AM
link   
I bet it was started by Masons in the church.

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 07:17 AM
link   
My fiance's grandfather was pretty well-placed with them. When he passed, one of the things she got was one of his awards from the organization.... It's a really nice statue of a knight, beautiful really. Anyhow, from speaking with him when he was alive, I got no indication they were involved with the Masons....

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 07:51 AM
link   
This site seems a hell of a lot more Catholic than any masonic sites, which usually only mention it a little/if at all. Just looks like a group for Christians really, nothing sinister... but that Christian cover would be a nice way to divert our attention. Just playing devil advocate..but i dont think we have anything to worry about from these guys like boosai says

[Edited on 24-12-2003 by Scarface]

posted on Feb, 21 2004 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Yeah, but I have heard, from a reliable source, that they have an initiation ceremony where they are all dressed in black. And they are sworn to secrecy.
Columbus is a weird name to use for a completely innocent Catholic men's organization.
The women's version is Daughters of Isabella.

posted on Feb, 21 2004 @ 09:56 PM
link   
TgSoe,
Your so friggin ignorant when in comes to the KofC. Get your facts straight before you spout crap from your mouth. Your thoughts are baseless to say the least and have no true grasp of the history behind the group and what they do. So zip it.

posted on Feb, 21 2004 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Totally unnecessary Cearbhall...you have recieved a u2u from me on this.

regards
seekerof

posted on Feb, 21 2004 @ 11:28 PM
link   
TgSoe,
Read the history section of this link to get the facts.

www.kofc.org...

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I don't trust any organisation whose emblem includes the Fasces.

This symbol (An axe and bundle of rods) originated with the Etruscans and was adopted by the Romans. In ancient times it represented unity and power - people and countries bound together under a common centralised dictatorship. Prior to the second world war, Mussolini took the symbol as that of his political party, hence the 'Fascists'.

The symbol can also be seen in the chamber of the US House of Representatives and also forms part of the cover of the EU Passport.

It is one of the many symbols of the Illuminati.

The Fasces
House of Representatives
European Union Fasces Symbol

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 02:20 AM
link   
K of C, is really Catholics that joined masonry. Which in time took over the Catholic church. Are the Knight's of Columbus powerful? You better believe it.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by boosai
Just a Catholic Fraternity I dont think theres much to be worried about with this bunch

its more like....a catholic fraternity.......OH GOD LOCK THE DOORS!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scat

Originally posted by boosai
Just a Catholic Fraternity I dont think theres much to be worried about with this bunch

its more like....a catholic fraternity.......OH GOD LOCK THE DOORS!!!!!!

bar the windows, and get out the duct tape

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 12:39 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 12:59 PM
link   
also... i came across an archived copy of knightline.org

knightline.org/faq.html:
Question: May I become a Knight of Columbus while also being a Freemason?

Answer: Absolutely not. Catholicism and Freemasonry are incompatible. One cannot be both a Catholic in good standing and a member of the Freemasonry. The Catholic Church has specifically forbade membership in Freemasonry by Catholics since 1738. Therefore one cannot be a member of both the Knights of Columbus and the Freemasonry. To understand the Catholic Church's formal position on this issue, please read www.knightline.org..." target="_blank" class="postlink">Humanum Genus and www.knightline.org..." target="_blank" class="postlink">Declaration on Masonic Associations (Quaesitum est). Still confused about this important issue? Then visit the official Vatican Website and re-read the Catholic Church's position by clicking www.vatican.va... -masonic_en.html" target="_blank" class="postlink">here, or you can read it in Latin on the official Vatican Website by clicking www.vatican.va... -masonic_lt.html" target="_blank" class="postlink">here.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 01:49 PM
link   
The ban on Catholics becoming Masons has been lifted whether it was even 100% enforced to begin with or not.

And maybe the Knights of Columbus are a Jesuit creation...?

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 04:04 PM
link   
The Knights of Columbus was founded last time Venus transited the Sun. In 1882. Like some of you probably know Venus will be in Sun transit the eighth of June this year.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 04:06 PM
link   
From their homepage:

11/24/2003
New Haven, CT � The Vatican announced Nov. 24 that Pope John Paul II has named Supreme Knight Carl A. Anderson as a consultant to the Pontifical Council for Justice and Peace. Anderson is the only American among ten new appointments to the pontifical council and will serve a five-year term.

They sure have their organisatan in order I see. Hmmm.....

Blessings,
Mikromarius

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join