It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Bush: 8,200 more troops needed for wars

page: 1
2

log in

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Anyone beginning to see the similarities to Vietnam?
If not maybe when he calls for more and more.
STill not,well then maybe when the death toll reaches double digits.


(YahooNews)-MONTEVIDEO, Uruguay -President Bush asked Congress on Saturday for $3.2 billion to pay for 8,200 more U.S. troops needed in Afghanistan and Iraq on top of the 21,500-troop buildup he announced in January.

news.yahoo.com...


Bush wants Congress to fund 3,500 new U.S. troops to expand training of local police and army units in Afghanistan. The money also would pay for the estimated 3,500 existing U.S. troops he already announced would be staying longer in the region to counter an anticipated Taliban offensive in Afghanistan this spring.

news.yahoo.com...




posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Bush has got himself into quite a sticky situation with Iraq. You can't deny Iraq was a mistake anymore, and now that a very real threat looms (Iran and it's nuclear program) he is unable to do anything about it because the USA is tied up in Iraq, and the population does not want anymore war.



posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Haha he's even having to beg Syria and Iran to stop #ing about with Iraq so they might stand some sort of chance. The middle east pretty much has America by the balls.

observer.guardian.co.uk...

Sad times indeed.



posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 11:09 PM
link   
To Starvald: So you like to gloat over the difficult times in Iraq these days. You like to laugh at a war that is costing the lives of both soldiers and civillians from many nations. You think it is a joke that our government is having to deal with unsavory characters to try and accomplish something good.

Let me ask you, do you want to see the terrorists and militants win in Iraq? Do you want to see our military battered, blown up and sent home in defeat? Do you really think the world will be a better place if we fail in Iraq? Do you really think that if we let the terrorists win in Iraq they will stop there and leave us alone?

I don't know what kind of fantasy world you live in but someday you will realize that we are in a REAL war - a war that will determine whether our children and grand children live in a peaceful democracy or some kind of oppressive theocracy.

President Bush didn't start this conflict, he just chose to fight rather than hide. If we don't win, we lose. This isn't a kids soccer game where everyone gets a trophy just for showing up.



posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by itguysrule
To Starvald: So you like to gloat over the difficult times in Iraq these days. You like to laugh at a war that is costing the lives of both soldiers and civillians from many nations. You think it is a joke that our government is having to deal with unsavory characters to try and accomplish something good.

Let me ask you, do you want to see the terrorists and militants win in Iraq? Do you want to see our military battered, blown up and sent home in defeat? Do you really think the world will be a better place if we fail in Iraq? Do you really think that if we let the terrorists win in Iraq they will stop there and leave us alone?

I don't know what kind of fantasy world you live in but someday you will realize that we are in a REAL war - a war that will determine whether our children and grand children live in a peaceful democracy or some kind of oppressive theocracy.

President Bush didn't start this conflict, he just chose to fight rather than hide. If we don't win, we lose. This isn't a kids soccer game where everyone gets a trophy just for showing up.






"President Bush didn't start this conflict, he just chose to fight rather than hide. If we don't win, we lose. This isn't a kids soccer game where everyone gets a trophy just for showing up."

Bush did start the war.
Had nothing to do with 9/11 or WMDs.



posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Black_Fox

"President Bush didn't start this conflict, he just chose to fight rather than hide. If we don't win, we lose. This isn't a kids soccer game where everyone gets a trophy just for showing up."

Bush did start the war.
Had nothing to do with 9/11 or WMDs.



How does the CIC think he's going to 'win' this war. He declared it over how many years ago but still people are dying. How can you win when you can't define the enemy. It's criminal - the people have spoken, they want a withdrawl. The Democrats got in on this mandate. Hasn't the oil deal been signed? Doesn't the West have control of the resources? Where are they going to get the troops from?

It makes me



posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 01:18 AM
link   


Hasn't the oil deal been signed? Doesn't the West have control of the resources? Where are they going to get the troops from?

It makes me




The troops need to stay there to protect the oil. Is it any surprised that Haliburton is a major contractor there now? Also, one of my friend's sisters recently joined the Navy, and claimed that lower rank sailors are basically "being convinced" into the army. Hmm...



posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 01:59 AM
link   
There comes a time when you should stop throwing yourself against the brick wall and admit the wall has won.

Staying in Iraq much longer will only add to the humiliation once the US is forced to withdraw anyways. Save face, and back out while you've still got some dignity left... oh, and remove that moron and his staff from office ASAP, he's bound to put you back into the same scenario with yet another country.

If there really is a massive war brewing, the US is going to need it's soldiers where they can access them... not already engaged in other wars leaving the homeland vulnerable.



posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 07:08 PM
link   
All I hear now, is people on these boards crying and mowning about this and that.


George W. Bush is the the god damn president..that is that...He has you by the F'n balls and there isnt a damn think you so called True Americans (aka Anti-Americans) can do about.


You spew your venom at each other that hates life here and hates life under this government...just put your dirty heads back up your ass for about 2 yrs pull it back the out for enough time for another Republican President to take office and shove it right back up there again..your constent whinning about this country, military, government, Oil, deaths, No WMDS, 9-11, etc is getting really annoying.

Go to France you bastards or Canada..take Steven Colbert, Barbara Sterisand (?), Mike Moore, Jane Fonda, John Kerry and thats rest of those assholes with yea.

We are not losing the WAR
3,000 some odd troops killed doesnt mean we have lost the war and if thats the case the Iraqi,Afganis, Insurgents, Terrorists must of lost long ago, that many die in one day of battle on the Insurgent side.

Troop increase is needed to support the troops already there...come on if your were there fighting a war, would you want some other people watching your ass!

YES YOU WOULDQ!!!



posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by el_madmaster


Hasn't the oil deal been signed? Doesn't the West have control of the resources? Where are they going to get the troops from?

It makes me




The troops need to stay there to protect the oil.


You must be right because the new focus and attention at the moment is on the North East - where the oilfields are. It also borders Iran. Is this the middle game or the end game?



posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Thank you to those who responded to my comments. I understand that you hate President Bush and blame him for everything bad that is happening in the world. You made your point.

Now, does anyone care to respond to my question - What happens after the US pulls out of Iraq?? It is easy to line up and say let's just go home and to hell with everything else. What is the LONG TERM plan?

I really want to hear what you have to say. I am listening with an open mind.



posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by KonigKaos
All I hear now, is people on these boards crying and mowning about this and that.


George W. Bush is the the god damn president..that is that...He has you by the F'n balls and there isnt a damn think you so called True Americans (aka Anti-Americans) can do about.


You spew your venom at each other that hates life here and hates life under this government...just put your dirty heads back up your ass for about 2 yrs pull it back the out for enough time for another Republican President to take office and shove it right back up there again..your constent whinning about this country, military, government, Oil, deaths, No WMDS, 9-11, etc is getting really annoying.

Go to France you bastards or Canada..take Steven Colbert, Barbara Sterisand (?), Mike Moore, Jane Fonda, John Kerry and thats rest of those assholes with yea.

We are not losing the WAR
3,000 some odd troops killed doesnt mean we have lost the war and if thats the case the Iraqi,Afganis, Insurgents, Terrorists must of lost long ago, that many die in one day of battle on the Insurgent side.

Troop increase is needed to support the troops already there...come on if your were there fighting a war, would you want some other people watching your ass!

YES YOU WOULDQ!!!


War has changed. You're going to have to come to terms with that.

It's no-longer about who can kill how many enemies, it's about who can hold out the longest.
Wars are no-longer fought with military power, they are fought with civillians who want the intruders out of their homes.

In that kind of war, a military power can't win, no matter how huge it is... you'd have to exterminate every Iraqi man, woman and child before the insurgency ends. And last time I checked, genocide would make the US todays Nazi power.

The longer the US military is in Iraq, the longer the war will rage on. It has NO END so long as a military power is there. No victory is possible. You simply can't win, because there is no such thing as winning over there.



posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 02:08 AM
link   
I assume that most of you if any never served. I think IRAQ was the spear head thrust needed to accomplish a great middle east victory...Lets hope Iran and Syria go down quietly!

[edit on 12-3-2007 by Here Now]



posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Like I said. You still think of insurgencies as a standard military force. It's not. The more you kill, the more join the insurgency.

I can guarantee you neither Iran nor Syria would go down quietly... and I can guarantee you they will be alot more hellish than Iraq has been so far.

[edit on 12-3-2007 by johnsky]



posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by itguysrule
Thank you to those who responded to my comments. I understand that you hate President Bush and blame him for everything bad that is happening in the world. You made your point.

Now, does anyone care to respond to my question - What happens after the US pulls out of Iraq?? It is easy to line up and say let's just go home and to hell with everything else. What is the LONG TERM plan?

I really want to hear what you have to say. I am listening with an open mind.


That is a tricky situation. If we stay there, we will continue generating international hatred, and more and more Americans will die. If we leave, Iraq will probably fall into total chaos, as if it isn't already, and Iran will do w/e they want with their puppet govt in Iraq. Pulling out, all the troops and lives would have been in vain, merely to leave a desolated country.

Indeed wars are quite different nowadays. In WW2 we'd spend days carpet bombing cities to absolute destruction. If we did that in Iraq, we probably would end up killing alot of the guerillas and "finally "win the war", but at the price of how many civilians, and for what purpose?

Supposedly the democrats have plans to pull out troops around August 08, though I don't know what they are. This does no good however, as Bush promises a veto. Quite the situation we are in here.



Originally posted by KonigKaos

You spew your venom at each other that hates life here and hates life under this government...just put your dirty heads back up your ass for about 2 yrs pull it back the out for enough time for another Republican President to take office and shove it right back up there again..your constent whinning about this country, military, government, Oil, deaths, No WMDS, 9-11, etc is getting really annoying.

Go to France you bastards or Canada..take Steven Colbert, Barbara Sterisand (?), Mike Moore, Jane Fonda, John Kerry and thats rest of those assholes with yea.

We are not losing the WAR
3,000 some odd troops killed doesnt mean we have lost the war and if thats the case the Iraqi,Afganis, Insurgents, Terrorists must of lost long ago, that many die in one day of battle on the Insurgent side


KonigKaos, if all of us anti war "bastards" as you say, left the country, what would be left of the US? War lovers, lots of people who hate homosexuals, a huge gap between rich and poor, alot of rednecks, and overall, a country that would be hell bent on Middle East domination? Probably. Then you seriously would have the entire world hating the US. And you say we are not losing the war simply b/c we kill more enemies. Take a look at how many Vietnamese died compared to Americans in the Vietnam war (1 million enemy killed, vs 58000 Americans). Same for Korea (hundreds of thousands vs 36000). Same in Somalia (1000 killed vs 18). By your rationale we won those wars, correct?

We are fighting an extremely determined enemy here that will give up nothing to protect their own homeland. Wouldn't you be pissed if someone came into your yard, told you what to do, carved up your resources, killed tons of your neighbors? At least we got rid of Saddam, albiet starting a civil war. And take a look at the polls on the war. I'd say a very large percentage of this country are "bastards" that need to go to Canada and France. Don't get me wrong I love this country, and would never take anything over it, so don't even think about calling me anti American. I just hate to see our country is a downfall.

If anyone's a fan of South Park, you should see the episode "I'm A Little Bit Country". It's about the pro war/anti war grorups, and the two groups labeling each other as red necks or anti war pussies, what's right vs wrong, etc. Definately pertains to this conversation and is pretty funny, yet true, about today's times.

[edit on 12-3-2007 by el_madmaster]



new topics

top topics



 
2

log in

join