It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could I get banned for saying this on Belowtopsecret.com?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 08:06 PM
link   
If I said "I saw a UFO" as the topic title and then I said "never mind it was a piece of lint, there are so many UFO sitings these days" in one of the forums... would I get banned for that? I mean that would be what I call a "joke" and a "non serious UFO siting". I don't see how that violates the T&C of the site. Is that a violation?

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 08:08 PM
link   
As long as you post it in the Jokes forum I'm sure it's fine.

edit:

I should add and you're not mocking a specific member or their story.

[edit on 3/10/2007 by djohnsto77]

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 08:12 PM
link   
As long as you wouldnt offend any children, because i feel like we are treated like children with the inability to use a common harmless curse word. And no racial jokes either because you may offend someone.. as long as you are making fun of white people, then you'll be fine. Just remember there are very sensitive 7 year olds visiting this site, so dont say anything that will damage their fragile little minds!!

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by hikix
harmless curse word.

Saying minor curse words occasionally is not a problem, however there is really no need to use them here, unles your vocabulary is that diminished.

On a side note, I personally do not have a problem with cursing, but this
site is privately owned, and since many people may find it offensive, it is
not allowed.

And no racial jokes either because you may offend someone.. as long as you are making fun of white people,

There is absolutely no need to make discriminitary jokes based on race,
and I include caucasian in that.

If you really have a problem with T&C of the site, which you were
supposed to read before joining, well, no ones keeping you here.

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 08:22 PM
link   
hikix, you have been here for three months. By now you should know why we have censors.
Here is a thread for you to review.
Please Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors.

Also if you feel the need to be a bigot, feel free to take it to another forum where racism is welcomed. If you feel like complaining that you are being treated like a child use the complain feature. It is the grown up thing to do.

Maverickhunter, this is the second thread you have made of this nature. In the future use the complain/suggestion feature to contact staff.
Complaints and How to Contact ATS Staff.

[edit on 10/3/2007 by Umbrax]

top topics

join