It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim Terrorists do They Exist?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Ah, you have misunderstood.

It is more reasonable that terrorist actions are based on western influence in their regions, rather than, the mere existence of a 'West'.

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by nextguyinline
Ah, you have misunderstood.

It is more reasonable that terrorist actions are based on western influence in their regions, rather than, the mere existence of a 'West'.

Whoop, I apologize. You're right, I did misunderstand.

In that case I agree with you.

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by badw0lf

Originally posted by magicmushroom
What only a couple of responses, where are the Muslim haters and terrorist doom and gloomers, the scaremongers and the like.

Was it your intent to simply incite argument ?

Should I expect to see this often ???

I have noticed the same thing. When no one responds to magicmushroom in other threads, he comes in and complains that everyone is ignoring him and says it must mean he is right. Very childish.

When I see his avatar, I roll my eyes.

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Cavscout would you like to post a comment about the topic rather than its author.

Terrorism as we know it could be described in 3 ways:

1. Age old disputes over land etc.

2. The indigenous people reacting to the invasion or occupation of their country.

3. Goverments and their agencies that deliberately set up terrorist cells to bring about politcal change, to wage war etc.

The terrorist event since 9/11 started with 3 and is now proceeding into 2.
Whilst one may not support terrorism or its aims 1 and 2 are undestabale to a degree.

Number three is of the greatest concern as this is and has been used on many occasions by those who wish to persue their own agenda.

Much of the terrorism we have today has nothing to do with the western way of life or even Muslims its more to do with the foreign policies of the US/UK.

One mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter, so ask yourself this question if the US/UK were invaded/occupied how many terrorists/freedom fighters do you think there would be?

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 09:01 AM
link   

so ask yourself this question if the US/UK were invaded/occupied how many terrorists/freedom fighters do you think there would be?

Someone who goes into a crowded market place and blows it up is not a freedom fighter. Someone who abducts a Buddhist farmer and beheads them is not a freedom fighter. Someone who makes propaganda video of people being slowly tortured to death is not a freedom fighter.

Those people are murderers, terrorists.

Fighting against a foreign military is one thing. Murdering civilians who have no involvement with that situation for political gain is another.

If China invaded the United States, you know what I wouldn't do? Go to China and blow up markets and discos. Because I wouldn't be a freedom fighter--I'd be a murderer.

[edit on 29-3-2007 by whiterabbit]

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 04:14 PM
link   
White , but some Americans would and thats just the point, the acts you point out have been committed by all shades of the human race.

Americans are killing civillians now, its torturing people so from your point of view they are terrorists and murderers are they not.

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 04:33 PM
link   

White , but some Americans would and thats just the point, the acts you point out have been committed by all shades of the human race.

I'm not saying they wouldn't. But they'd be murderers and terrorists if they did--no better than the others who do it.

Americans are killing civillians now, its torturing people so from your point of view they are terrorists and murderers are they not.

Well, there's a pointed difference between killing civilians accidentally while in the pursuit of actual enemy fighters and specifically targetting them. Actually, I think there's a huge difference there. One's a tragedy and the other's a crime against humanity.

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 05:18 PM
link   
White, were not talking of a few civies here were talking of hundreds of thousands, American passed the oh thats a tragedy point several years back now its just plain murder, and what of the stories of torture.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 07:17 AM
link   
As soon as the term "Terrorist" is brought into discussion, everything becomes muddied. The reason being that the term "terrorist" has been warped violently by the Media since 9/11. All you need to be charged with being a Terrorist (in Britain) is to have thought about thinking about armed combat. So basically if you think "Hmm, this government is out of line, imagine if I bombed them" Slam, if you're skin is tan and you've got a beard, you're auto-terrorist. And you will get arrested.

I think Muslim "terrorists" exist, the same way that white, black, asian, south american terrorists all exist. There are always members of groups set for making a valid point, that deviate to murder, torture and bomb civilians to make a point. And these people should not be condoned, not at all. However, to condemn the reasoning behind these atrocities is terrible aswell. This applies to such events as the Chechyan rebels taking over the school. A horrible event, but all we hear about that is how the Chechyans are EVIL TERRORISTS, hell bent on killing babies. What isn't addressed is why these men made such a globally public spectacle, which was to bring light to the Russian genocide that has been taking place in Chechnya for two decades.

I don't support Al Queda, as I don't believe their beliefs are helping the Muslim, Afghan or Iraqi people. But if these archatypal terrorists are what they are, this should not mean that real Freedom Fighters should be tarred with the same brush. Hamas in Palestine, Hezbollah in Lebanon, prior to disbandment the IRA, the Iraqi fighters, the Afghan fighters, all of these groups have been labelled terrorists/insurgents, which is absurd, they are soldiers. The Gaza Strip, Ireland, Lebanon, Iraq and Afghanistan are all war zones. To allow but one side a justified reason for fighting is wrong. A roadside bomb taking out our soldiers is seen as a terrible act of terrorism in Iraq...but A-30s minigunning "Taliban fighters" is a glorious victory in battle..even if they turn out to be British soldiers too.

Another point, to label Afghan fighters as Taliban, or Iraqi fighters are reminants of the Republican Guard, is absurd. There may be elements, yeah, but 80% of those shooting at Western troops are just civilians, sick of being invaded. You bomb, shoot, arrest and torture the general populace while smiling in their face, it's going to anger them.

Anyway, thats my two cents, hope I didn't de-rail from the point too much.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 08:28 AM
link   

where are these much feared Terrorists.

Radical Islamic terrorists are real. Here's a list of terrorist attacks for 2006 - alone.

2006 Terrorist Attacks

If you all just open your eyes you will see them. It's not that difficult to do.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Terrorists is just a word to milk when they need to get away with a crime against humanity.

Simple as that.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Evidently Gitmo has manufactured them now.

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by badw0lf

To compare it to the IRA is ignorant. The IRA did not blow up trains in Spain, or fly planes into the WTC (not going there, pls) or blow up Bars in Bali, or plan attacks in Sydney and Melbourne here in Australia.

blaidddrwg

As I recall the IRA did send a terror cell to Gibraltar but they were slain in the street by the SAS before they could blow their noses.

OK its technically not Spain but there would have been many Spanish casualties should a bomb blast have occurred.

PEACE,
RK

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I think that the major future problem now will come from Pakistan.
We have already seen the Taliban getting a foothold in the Swat valley area and applying their version of Sharia law.... girls not allowed to go to school, no listening to music, beheading those that openly oppose their philosophy etc, etc. There is a lot of poverty in Pakistan and it is common for families who can not afford to feed their kids to send their boys to the Immam schools where they sit 10 hours a day chanting verses from Al Quran and rocking too and fro almost trance like.
We have all seen it but what we dont see is the perverse type of Islam that is being taught to these youngsters.
These schools are now sponsored by the Taliban and the kids get fed, looked after so the Parents (often ill educated) are content, problem for the west comes 10-15 yrs down the line when a western woman citizen then has to go to Pakistan and marry one of these guys as part of an arranged marriage then brings him back to said western country and he is immediately granted citizenship (stinks). What does he do? what is he qualified to do? you've guessed it.... he is a well respected Immam having "studied" for years, knows the Quran backwards so he joins the local mosque as the new immam and starts spewing his hatred to all the free thinking western muslims.
This is part of the Al Quaeda & Taliban master plan and even the conservative Muslim Council leaders of UK are warning the British Government about this now.. will they listen?
Well they better had before the Taliban get their grubby little mitts on the nukes.

PEACE,
RK.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Have we ever had a car-bomb (especially terrorist related) in the US anytime recently??? At all???
I wonder about this all too. If these terrorists wanted to, they could do car bombs in the US. I've never heard of it happening here.
I hope it doesn't.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join