It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim Terrorists do They Exist?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 04:50 PM
link   
With all the lies and disinfo about 9/11 and 7/7 and anything else you care to add where are these much feared Terrorists. Were told there going to take over the World, if you seee anyone who looks like a Muslim start panicking, phone the Police, go hide under your beds.

But where are they really, we are told they are capable of everything bar flying to the Moon, suitcase nukes, bio weapons, chem weapons, liquid explosives etc. why does that all sound like its out of the CIA handbook.

The IRA were very good terrorists, their propensity to kill maim and murder is well documented and was very frequent. Yet they were just a very small group in a very small country. Where are the legions that want to turn us all to Allah, Millions of Muslims live in the US but they seem to be a peaceful lot same here in the Uk.

Is it not a case of the CIA, MI5/6 generating the terrorism by various means to further the Global cause. I'm convinced the 7/7 bombers if they existed were just patsies.

And what about the investigations, we are told that Terrorism is serious stuff so it would be logical to assume that there would be lots of evidence and very public trials etc. but no quite the opposite, some very limited dodgy evidence offered to the public and no real investigations.

And what of the Terrorists themselves, they like publicity the more the better thats one of their main aims to spread their cause. But again nothing, no claims of repsoncibility, just the odd dodgy video of a Muslim looking man who could be the owner of the local Asian store for all we know.

Before 9/11 no one had heard of Al Qaeda or Osama Bin Laden, yet within a few days they he were the arch enemy who's sole intent was to destroy the Western way of life.

Its also interesting that the so called terrorists originate from countries that the US wants to invade, Iraq, (Twice) Iran, Syria, Afganistan and I wonder how long it will be before North Korean or Chinese terrorists appear on the scene.

The above pattern has been working in Iraq for the last year or so, you know the old line that Iranian insurgents are fighting in Iraq plus they want nuke power so we will have to take the out. Why dose that sound like Iraq has WMD's and Saddam supported terrorism so we had to take him out.

Why is all this crystal clear to some but not the many, is it a case of people dont really care because its not happening to them or is just a case of they beleive the cover stories. Why is it that people without seeing a shred of proof will believe what that little box in the corner of the room tells them what to believe.

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 05:43 PM
link   
"Its also interesting that the so called terrorists originate from countries that the US wants to invade, Iraq, (Twice) Iran, Syria, Afganistan and I wonder how long it will be before North Korean or Chinese terrorists appear on the scene."

couldn not've said this better myself. i too see 'asian terrorists' emerging in the terrorist scene

also if these terrorist were so evil and so bent on world domination and things of that sort why wouldn't they be making their attacks more frequent? if they have such a large following one would think they would be planning more 'attacks' more frequently. no? i mean there hasn't been a terrorist attack in the states for 6 years, just threats. this smells a bit fishy to me.

nice post mushroom
stay up

[edit on 10-3-2007 by biotic]

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Im not entirely sold by the "terrorism" culture we live in today. I think its just mostly made up to control us through fear and to restrict our freedom by taking away our rights "for our safety". I also think that the terrorists attacks on 9/11 and 7/7 were orchestrated by people who are not muslims, and tricked/employed people into carrying them out, framing them to suit their agenda.

However, on the other side of the coin, maybe these terrorist organisations do exist, and while I believe they were not responsible for the above 2 attacks, perhaps that the governments have learned from the IRA situation, and can now foil attacks before they happen.

If the vast majority of terrorist attacks are foiled and we are not told, we remain ingorant to it and we could just think that either terrorism doesnt exist. Personally, id prefer the world we live in now, where it either doesnt exist, or is prevented from occuring, to actual terrorism happening.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Sure they exist. Whats really clever is the spin that is put on them. Islamic terrorists are far MORE dangerous than any other type....despite many whacked out Christian Patriot groups having access to WMDs, for example. Or Jewish terrorists nearly blowing up the third most holy shrine of Islam in order to provoke a regional war.

They're building a profile where anyone with a tan and Koran can be suspected of terrorism for reasons more related to being able to claim that this country or that is supporting terrorism. I mean they are, in most cases, but since we have our own pet Islamic terrorist groups on our intelligence service payrolls, we hardly hold the high ground here. But anyway, once you have identified them as being backed by so-and-so country, talk of covert action, or indeed overt military action becomes so much easier.

And of course, the NeoCons, in the best traditions of Carl Schmitt, need an enemy to define themselves against. Any enemy will do. Making the claim as broad as possible ensures those enemies won't run out any time soon.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 12:50 PM
link   
What only a couple of responses, where are the Muslim haters and terrorist doom and gloomers, the scaremongers and the like.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by biotic

"Its also interesting that the so called terrorists originate from countries that the US wants to invade, Iraq, (Twice) Iran, Syria, Afganistan and I wonder how long it will be before North Korean or Chinese terrorists appear on the scene."
[edit on 10-3-2007 by biotic]

errmmmm I dont think we had any intention on invading any of these countries until after 9/11, so your theory that "the USA creates them" is flawed.

Al-qauda, or what has come to be called that originated in afghanistan and has cells in many middle eastern countries and some african ones.

Afghanistan, Pakistan, Yemen, Sudan, Somalia, Suadi Arabia, etc.

and similiar groups like abu saiyaff (literally "the sword") in the phillipines.

Granted it seems unresonable to invade all these countrie to wipe out that terrorist network, it would seem reasonable to pin point its leadership and eliminate it or at the very least cause it disorganization.

Some propose that the Iraq strategy is a way to draw these groups from abroad and slaughter them. Seems to work since al qaeda has popped up in Iraq now. I am sure that in the meantime ways are being found to fight them on other fronts. Seizing assets,etc.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Xphiles, as the US spreads its tentacles around the globe there are those who will resist that action. 9/11 had nothing directly to do with what was happening in the ME. Iraq 1 was ten years before 9/11 so the US has had plenty of time to bring its plans together for 1. further its interests in the ME, take out any who cannot be bought or won over 2. Provide continuing security for Israel, 3. provide the US with permanent basis in the ME which can be used as a springboard against Sino/Soviet growing influence around the World.

Where ever the US places its jackboot you can guarantee that there will be those who will resist, as America's interference increases so will the level and spread of terrorists acts against it.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Islamic terrorists follow a very perverted form of Islam. Albeit, I will admit that Islam is a religion that enables itself to suffer the perversion.

For example, there is no mention in the Koran of the "72 Virgins" in the Koran. Yet, people like bin Laden will argue that there is. Look in the Koran, you won't find any mention of it. Most of the terrorists groups don't even qualify as being "cult like." They are just lies on top of more lies.

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 06:29 PM
link   
MOD EDIT: Remember, folks, we're a family site

[edit on 4/10/07/10 by junglejake]

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Very biased logic used in this thread. All centers on the US and who "they" want to invade, for the alleged inspiration of Islamic terrorism.

What about Bali ?

Believe it or not guys, there are people who just don't like Western Values based on the teachings of Islam. Thats the sad truth. Rightly or Wrongly, you cannot deny it.

And you can pretend that it's all justified from a certain perspective because x did nasty things to y, or whatever..

But there are regions all over the world united under the same hatred for the west that Islam does inspire. Mostly these are poor, easily influenced people, looking for unity against oppression, be it perceived or real.

To compare it to the IRA is ignorant. The IRA did not blow up trains in Spain, or fly planes into the WTC (not going there, pls) or blow up Bars in Bali, or plan attacks in Sydney and Melbourne here in Australia.

There are no IRA warlords in Mogadishu fighting for control.

Sure, you can say the element of Islam that is fanatical is a small minority.

But if 1 apple tree has 10 bad apples, then Islam being the second largest religion after Christianity, is the equivalent of an entire orchard, and thats a lot of bad apples, in my humble opinion.

That said, I study with a number of Muslims, and enjoy their company. But I dont use that as a reason to ignore the facts.

blaidddrwg

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by magicmushroom
What only a couple of responses, where are the Muslim haters and terrorist doom and gloomers, the scaremongers and the like.

Was it your intent to simply incite argument ?

Should I expect to see this often ???

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 10:48 AM
link   
come on of course middle eastern terroists' exist...christ sake they've been sacking that whole area for a thousand years already, began by spreading the 'peaceful' religion of islam by the end of a sharp sword......things have changed little.

If you guys want to crack a real conspiracy explain to me why we even have a federal government here in the US, there isnt supposed to be one, at least not with that kind of power, initially it was a state run country, laws made and enforced state to state with the feds acting as a mediary....thats one that should be addressed.

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Go to the Middle East. The only TV channels you can watch are ones that promote Jihad, Anti-Americanism, and Anti-Semitism.

In Syria all boys are forced to play a government-created computer game where you kill Jews and Americans - to get you familiar with weapons, and how they work, etc, for when you're going to carry out your Jihad.

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Josh, ask yourself why they do that, is it because they are scared that a murderous entity is coming to wipe them out?

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by magicmushroom
Josh, ask yourself why they do that, is it because they are scared that a murderous entity is coming to wipe them out?

Really? Then why do they keep beheading Buddhist peasants in southern Thailand? Were they worried about being wiped out there?

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 12:26 PM
link   
first off, adressing the comment on Bali a few posts ago:

www.vialls.com...

i was not there but the whole thing reeks, sort of...

--------------------------------------------------------------

The real issue is that the nut cases are running the show everywhere. there sure are a militant, Islamic groups of people who commit acts of terror or are preparing something along these lines. they are the equivalent of Western 'commandos' operating both in military and civilian settings, commiting very similar crimes and, if need be, funded and equipped by the same source.....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

for some reason, perpetual conflict is deemed necessary and these people will spend a lot to make it happen. so far it seems as if their efforts were both costly and not quite effective and the longer their plans are delayed, the more people will start to understand.

still, those who are sufficiently naive or simpy trusting and emotionally vulnerable can fall victim to this kind of agitation, causing a larger conflagration. i believe that mass immigration has to be considered an attempt to gain more 'volunteers' for violence, than could be recruited without them. being an immigrant almost per definition makes you a firm believer in a country's virtues and advantages, (conferring a certain amount of naivity in many cases) otherwise you wouldn't have gone there in the first place, would you?

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 12:58 PM
link   

quote]Originally posted by badw0lf
Believe it or not guys, there are people who just don't like Western Values based on the teachings of Islam. Thats the sad truth. Rightly or Wrongly, you cannot deny it.

I deny it. What values do you speak of? Pork eating? Uncovered women? Hardly encompassing 'Western Values'. I'll reconsider if you can give me one example of a terroristic act of violence, based on your assertion.

And you can pretend that it's all justified from a certain perspective because x did nasty things to y, or whatever..

No justifcation, just a much more reasonable, logical ponderance.

But there are regions all over the world united under the same hatred for the west that Islam does inspire.

Not hatred for the 'West'. Hatred for unwanted western influence. Again, a much more reasonable, logical ponderance.

Mostly these are poor, easily influenced people, looking for unity against oppression, be it perceived or real.

Spot on.

To compare it to the IRA is ignorant. The IRA did not blow up trains in Spain, or fly planes into the WTC (not going there, pls) or blow up Bars in Bali, or plan attacks in Sydney and Melbourne here in Australia.

Not ignorant. A good comparison. The IRA did blow up bars and buses. To imply they were 'soft' is a grand injustice.

There are no IRA warlords in Mogadishu fighting for control.

The Irish have no interests in Mogadishu.

Sure, you can say the element of Islam that is fanatical is a small minority.

But if 1 apple tree has 10 bad apples, then Islam being the second largest religion after Christianity, is the equivalent of an entire orchard, and thats a lot of bad apples, in my humble opinion.

Talk about bad comparisons.

That said, I study with a number of Muslims, and enjoy their company. But I dont use that as a reason to ignore the facts.

What facts?

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by nextguyinline
Not hatred for the 'West'. Hatred for unwanted western influence. Again, a much more reasonable, logical ponderance.

I don't necessarily disagree with you about the western influence part.

But there's nothing reasonable or logical about beheading or torturing innocent people who had nothing to do with that. That is not a reasonable, logical, or understandable response to political outrage. And people who engage in that deserve to wiped from the earth.

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 03:16 PM
link   
There was really no need to quote me for what you had to say, was there?

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by nextguyinline
There was really no need to quote me for what you had to say, was there?

Well, yeah, I think there was. Unless I misunderstood you, you were saying the Islamic terrorists' motivation for their crimes is much more reasonable and logical than doing it for mere hatred of the West.

If you were saying that, I couldn't disagree with that more strongly. It's disgusting whichever way you look at it. And, I think looking at it like that diminishes what should be the heinous nature of their crimes.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join