It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NSA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2003 @ 11:30 AM
link   
The NSA is a government facility that controls the internet. Right now they can be watching us type on their computer. I found their web site. It is www.nsa.gov
simple web page isn't it.

posted on Dec, 23 2003 @ 11:38 AM
link   
What you're saying is lacking one thing: Evidence. Why do you believe this? Where is your information coming from? Are you just making this up? Oh, and you've been to their website, so now they're really watching you!

posted on Dec, 23 2003 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I would not say the control the internet. They do watch it, but not control. My in-laws are both NSA.

Here, read this page for more info on what they do.
www.nsa.gov...

posted on Dec, 23 2003 @ 12:10 PM
link   
The internet architecture isn't in favour of the NSA. It's impossible for them to simply analyze all internet traffic. On the one hand because of the massive amout of data and on the other hand because the internet is de-centralised.

They are great mathematics, physics etc but it's not the all seeying eye. They don't even do satellite intelligence, that's what the SRO does.

My impression of the NSA is that they do a lot of listening/trapping criminals in the USA and assist other agencies in out-of-the-country operations.
After all they operate on another level as we live, they try to hear what a possible competeting force is talking about in field and in office.

posted on Dec, 23 2003 @ 01:56 PM
link   
No Such Agency, hehe.....

Thing is, there is no way, that any agency, has the manpower to sort through the amount of information contained on all the forums, e-mails, etc. so I really wouldn't worry about it. There are programs that look for certain hot words, then more hot words, compare sources, trace routes, etc. and THEN whittle it down....and only then, I bet it's a small understaffed room.

I'm really not that worried.....

posted on Dec, 23 2003 @ 05:56 PM
link   
www.nsa.gov?? that's a public site! www.cia.gov! www.fbi.gov! www.asio.gov.au!!!!

posted on Dec, 23 2003 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Just to tell you, their eletric bill is 31 million dollars a year. They must have a few computers in there then. If you try to join the NSA then they go around your home town and ask some people if you are a good person.

posted on Dec, 23 2003 @ 09:19 PM
link   
If you try to join the NSA then they go around your home town and ask some people if you are a good person.

They also do that if you join the local police force. I believe it's a law enforcement thing.

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 03:28 AM
link   
I wouldn't be too sure of their capabilities. I read that they catalogue their computing power by square acres of floor space it covers rather than number of boxes or systems!

Every new supercomputer since the 60s first lands at NSA before anywhere else.

Now that doesn't mean that they are not behind in reading all that output.

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
Every new supercomputer since the 60s first lands at NSA before anywhere else.

www.top500.org...

take a look here. The NSA doesn't have the best computers at all, of course it is not public about what clusters they have in their buildings but I doubt they will have faster clusters as any of the TOP5 in the top500.

If you want to join NSA, CIA or Secret Service you need to stand a polygraphic test which lasts about 7h and will test your integrity. A background check on all upcoming employees is usual - even in big companies.

Just to tell you, their eletric bill is 31 million dollars a year.

That's not much at all. I know they tell on their website they are the biggest or 2nd biggest electricity user in their region but as they are pretty alone in their region it's nothing special at all

And such a bill is easily there when you have 2000 employees and everyone with its own computer and display.

top topics

join