It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "information highway" to become a "toll road".....the end to "net neutrality"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 11:36 AM
link   
When the internet was developed, it was meant to provide equal access to information for everyone. Of course, this sort of access is desirable but, as THIS video explains, it's not necessarily something that everyone might want.

The video clearly explains a trend of thought that many, primarily the telephone company(s), are seeking; the end to net neutrality and the end to the internet as we now know it.

[edit on 3/10/2007 by benevolent tyrant]

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Error loading the page.

Might want to explain some more about this, or provide an alternative link to the same video?

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Unable to edit my old post, the link started to work so I will post my response:

Yes, it seems as if indeed "commercialization" is taking place, and that companies will (try to) dominate the internet.

Have no fear though:
- Chances (I think) are slim that this will happen like it happens to TV / Radio.

And if it does happen:
Radio and TV are more limited than the internet.
I would be surprised if there wouldn't be an immense retaliation of ''hackers'' on the internet that will breach the system, and maintain their own "domain". Free from the influence of these companies.

join