It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Increase the "zoom" on Google Earth!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 11:23 AM
link   
A lot of folks here at ATS have an obsessive preoccupation with Google Earth. Whether it's looking for your own home, to see what it looks like from space, or it's trying to locate WMD in the gardens at the Vatican, Google Earth rocks.

The only problem with Google Earth is that you can only get so far. That is, you can see the house but you can't see the welcome mat Of course, maybe that's the sort of thing that is reserved for the guys at NSA? Well, maybe the NSA can get closer but now you can zoom in a little closer too.

how to increase the zoom level on Google Earth

Just follow the easy instruction on the link and you should be able to increase the detail and resolution considerably. I've tried it and it really works.

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Yes, it works, but fact that people are looking up makes me think that this is a different type of photo, not taken by a satellite but by an airplane.

The photo from Australia is not going beyond the limits of Google Maps, the zoom feature can take the zoom up to 22.

The fact that the photo with the camels was taken in the middle of the desert, in a place where even a moderate zoom does not show anything, makes me think that this information was leaked from Google or was published on purpose as publicity.

join