It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Masonic Oaths

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2003 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I'm doing a research paper on secret societies, and I was wondering if anybody can help me track down some Masonic oaths for the different degrees. So far all I have found are "Encoded" ones, which does me no good. Please help. Thanks.

posted on Dec, 23 2003 @ 08:32 PM
link   
The book "The Big Book of Big Secrets" by Poundstone has a lot of information about the Freemasons. The tests you have to take to join are not worth it. Trust me. I know.

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by nobody
The book "The Big Book of Big Secrets" by Poundstone has a lot of information about the Freemasons. The tests you have to take to join are not worth it. Trust me. I know.

What do have to do? Swim across a tank full of hungry sharks? Spend the night in a box filled with scorpions? Walk blindfolded on a tight rope drunk with a 100 daggers below pointing up? Is it anything like fear factor?

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 11:25 PM
link   
LOL the fact that this is ment to be a serious topic makes it all the more funny!

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 11:44 PM
link   
try to interview some members, attend a club meeting.

posted on Dec, 25 2003 @ 12:18 AM
link   
This is a list of e-books on Masonry. The one by Morgan contains certain oaths and rituals. Not sure about the others, but its worth having in a look at them.

You can either purchase re-printed copies or just read the books chapter by chapter on the net.

www.geocities.com...

[Edited on 25-12-2003 by FatherJack]

posted on Dec, 28 2003 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Here is a link with a bunch of book titles. Click on one of the book thumbnails at the bottom and an amazon.com description comes up:

www.freemasonrywatch.org...

Any book written by William Poundstone is excellent.

This site has a lot of interesting info, but I doubt if it'd be a good scholarly reference because it's so biased it's embarassing. (It does claim to describe the actual oaths, passwords, and handshakes. Some are PDFs from a chapter in Nevada.) For those of you that are curious about the rituals (TgSoe), it has some descriptions. Nothing too scary, if I remember right. They use blindfolds and skeletons, supposedly, and they make people take walks of faith, etc.

One initiation ceremony stands out in my mind - I don't know if it was the freemasons or a fraternity, but one cult blindfolded initiates and put a warm bucket of water in their arms (after loudly squirting it in the bucket with a squeeze bottle). The initiate is told it's urine, and in order to pass, they need to drink it.

But an even better ritual is from The Knights of Pythias. They roll out a bed of spikes and a set of steps. Then you're blindfolded and led up the steps. In order to pass, you need to jump (barefoot) onto the spikes without making a sound. In reality, the bed is moved away so you jump onto the floor. If you jump or don't jump, it doesn't matter, because you'll pass either way.

[Edited on 28-12-2003 by logiclock]

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrDurden
I'm doing a research paper on secret societies, and I was wondering if anybody can help me track down some Masonic oaths for the different degrees... Thanks.

The oaths in the book "Born in Blood/The Lost Secrets of Freemasonry" by John J. Robinson will be as close as you can get without actually becoming a member.

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by KingSolomon

Originally posted by MrDurden
I'm doing a research paper on secret societies, and I was wondering if anybody can help me track down some Masonic oaths for the different degrees... Thanks.

The oaths in the book "Born in Blood/The Lost Secrets of Freemasonry" by John J. Robinson will be as close as you can get without actually becoming a member.

Thanks. I'll be sure to scope it out.

top topics

join