It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South Tower Core Turns to Dust

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 07:35 AM
link   
This aspect of the collapse of the WTC Towers is extremely disturbing. (Sorry if it's been here before.)

Photographs and CNN video of the South Tower's collapse capture the "spire," or remnants of the steel core, standing momentarily above the newly collapsed wreckage of the building, only to literally turn to dust and be carried off by the wind within seconds.

It is as if these massive steel core columns were no more than chalk lines on a blackboard, erased by the swipe of a hand.

You can watch the core "spire" disintegrate starting at 50 seconds into this famous CNN video:

CNN WTC South Tower Collapse

We all know of the pulverization of the WTC concrete, the pyroclastic flow of the debris cloud, and the fact that well over 2/3 of the structure was turned to dust.

But the core was simply massive:

So, question: What energy source vaporized the core?

Jet fuel, anyone?...

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 08:55 AM
link   
you have to be kididng me those pictures are obviously photoshopped fakes.

isn't that the core that was still standing weeks after the attacks?

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spawwwn
you have to be kididng me those pictures are obviously photoshopped fakes.

isn't that the core that was still standing weeks after the attacks?

What? Haha. Ok, I see now that there's no reason to ever discuss 9/11 with you!

People, ignore this gentleman, no point in even replying.

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Dear gottago:

This might help explain things for you.
Hydrogen Bombs Brought Down The WTC’s Hypothesis.
www.abovetopsecret.com...'

Greetings,
The Wizard In The Woods

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 10:49 AM
link   
OMG.. what a JOKE...watch the video! You will see its falling...and that is dust. Another piss poor attempt at making something fit your agenda.

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 11:06 AM
link   
CF what took you so long to blunder in and snicker?

Just waiting on GwoinX now...

Let's see, so far the ATS Brain-Wide-Shut Squad say it's Photoshop and derision...

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Who are you gonna believe - me or your lyin eyes?

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Watch the video... look at the height of the core...you can see it falling. There are other videos to prove this.

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Actually, I see nothing but the falling spire "disappearing" in a downward motion. The lingering ash, dirt and dust may create the illusion, for some, that the spire ITself is being "pulverized", but, in my opinion, it's just that, an illusion .. for some.

Question for the OP. IF it were actually being "pulverized", by some sort of explosive force, wouldn't Shouldn't it be "blowing" outwards at all points?

? Vaporized ? Where's the *BIG BANG*? the VAPORIZER?

I believe there is much about that day which Should draw question. Unfortunately, this "claim" seems a bit misguided and requires more than just grasping at straws.

$.02

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Turning into chalk, at ground level too

It is perhaps a thermate, Fe2O3 + Al + Sulfur, reaction with steel,
but better ask a good ordinance man because I do not know these things.

This is either a good presentation of fact or fictional cover story.

What would be the cover, never saying what we are seeing seems
better than giving alternative explanations.

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Dear gottago:

Funny how some think it reasonable that them there two inch thick steel by 12” deep by 36” wide core columns — all forty-seven of them — simply faded away in the wind. Many people appear to live in a virtual world of sorts and have lost all “feel” for how even the most basic materials might behave. Getting two inch thick steel to disappear takes a “special effort” —much more than just an ordinary exposure to chemical fires or explosives.

Greetings,
The Wizard In The Woods

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Actually, I have to agree with the debunkers on this one. The spire fell into itself not disintegrated in mid air.

But, even then, that is difficult to explain. Why would it go straight down? The collapse is clearly beyond the spire so we can conclude it wasn't the collapse. Maybe it was the last forces of the collapse that ultimately brought it down? If that were the case, it would have toppled like a tree (like you can see some of it doing before the entire thing falls straight down). Also, if it were the collapse, that would produce a force horizontally and it definately would have toppled instead of falling straight down.

And to the people who are going to say " well gravity would only have it go straight down" I put this to you. Take a pencil and put it in some sand so that it stands. Now flick the botom out of the sand. Does it fall straight down into itself or fall over like a tree? Or take anything that is long and slender and drop it on it's end. Does it fall straight down into itself or fall over like a tree? Gravity does work straight down, but when you talk about paths of least resistance, the vector of the force of gravity aquires a horizontal component to it (the reaction of the resisting element...Newton's third law of motion), making it fall in a diagonal path, not straight down.

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I believe that is the NORTH TOWER SPIRE.

The question is, if it is falling why is it falling at that point downward? At the base it is deeply rooted in concrete, so if something is happening it must be at the base of the tower where btw they found molten metal.

I would think it should topple over.

What is intriguing is it has the appearance of the Towers when they collapsed.

Is it turning to dust? It looks like it, but it might be an illusion. The dust might be coming off it as it starts to head downward, but again why straight down and what happened at the base?

Here is another look at it

Here is another picture of it

Here is the CNN video of it putting to rest any Photoshop comments.
st12.startlogic.com...

[edit on 10-3-2007 by talisman]

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Nice. I thought I was hallucinating when I saw the remnants pulverize in mid-air in the 9/11 Eyewitness video, but figured it was just a trick of the eye.

For the sake of argument, I'd agree that the columns went straight down and left a trail of dust hanging in the air (mass inertia or whatnot).

The question remains: why did virtually all vertical steel components on that day follow gravity, i.e. straight down, instead of toppling?

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akareyon
The question remains: why did virtually all vertical steel components on that day follow gravity, i.e. straight down, instead of toppling?

Answer: No resistance. There are only a few ways that I can think of to achieve this. And structural damage and fire aren't them.

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akareyon
For the sake of argument, I'd agree that the columns went straight down and left a trail of dust hanging in the air (mass inertia or whatnot).

Exactly.

... and that's an entirely different thread altogether. Why/How, once angular momentum had been achieved, did the top right itself in the latter part of the collapse?

Again, that's for an entirely different discussion.

... and now back to:
South Tower Core Turns to Dust

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 01:39 PM
link   
cross-reference: www.abovetopsecret.com...

(scroll down to image of WTC#2's core still standing)

if courts were available on 9/11, these photos alone would be considered damning evidence, the cores did not just fall, they were cut into pieces acorss their entire length, otherwise they would have sticked out of the rubble, obviously.

concrete was apparently pulverized, creating the trail and concealing the falling remains. i admit, that, combined with remant heat observed below the towers, the pocket nuke theory has its merits.

[edit on 10-3-2007 by Long Lance]

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I'm having a hard time believing all that dust in the various pics and vids was clinging to vertical columns.

And just when did it have time to settle on them?

And in the immediate aftermath of a maelstrom?

Have at it...

[edit on 10-3-2007 by gottago]

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 02:12 PM
link   
These links have pertinent information to this thread:

janedoe0911.tripod.com...

www.hawkscafe.com...

The first is a website which features the same photos of the "disintegration" of core columns plus a lot of discussion of stange phenomena, burned out cars at street level for example. (The only possible corroberation of an EMS worker's story of dodging exploding car parts as she fled on foot from one tower collapse that I've read.) One of the points made on this site, if I remember correctly is that the pile of debris from the collapse of the twin towers wasn't as high as that from WTC7. The implication being that some of the steel "disappeared". ie. was pulverized in the explosions.

The second website is pretty far out in it's theories but there are a couple of taped interviews archived on it where the author of the site, an explosives expert of some sort says that he thinks that it's possible that the core box columns were drilled into and rocket fuel (a mixture of aluminum and iron) was sprayed or put inside some other way. The fuel burns at a temperature that would vapourize steel according to him.

This guy is a very technical guy who has a whole theory of what happened on that day involving remote control of planes. I don't know what to think of his elaborate theory but between these two sites there seems to be room at least for discussion of ideas in relation to what our "lying eyes" show us.

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 02:41 PM
link   
As a follow up to my previous post I looked around a little and found that most structural steel melts at around 2750 degrees fahrenheit. Solid fuel rockets are burning at 5500 degrees fahrenheit or higher and using solid tungsten nozzles.

In the first photos posted in this thread you can see the spire of one of the box columns. There is no dust around it. Then you can see dust appear beside the column. Finally you can only see dust. Why did the dust suddenly appear beside the column along it's length?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join