It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

is this an alien moon base?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by kroms33
I was very very close to dismissing this: then - something pretty weird caught my eye.
If possible - could I get some feedback on this just to determine if this area is a "blackout" ???
Click on the object and see if you can zoom into it - I get "Image is not Available - which perhaps it isn't - I don't know, but most of the landscape around it is viewable by clicking the arrows.

SO, what I did is zoom up to it in photoshop - and messed with the exposure settings. The object seems to have a 3d value consistent with shadows on the landscape around it.

Not saying this is a structure - but it does raise some questions - because this is on a NASA website...

This definitely looks like it may be manmade.

And what are those lines doing there???

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 11:15 PM
link   
If you go to clementine version 2.0, why are there so many blacked out areas on the surface? just curious.

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 07:16 AM
link   
They are not blacked out, there is no image for that area, that's all.

The previous version of the browser, apparently, tried to create pixels when it had no data, averaging the values from the surrounding area, that is why it would show those gray areas.

The new version does not do that, if there is no image then it only shows that area as black.

PS: I don't know if this was really the way the Clementine Image browser works or worked, this is only my supposition based on the looks of the resulting images.

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Glitch or no glitch... There are literally HUNDREDS of pictures better than this one, that we have uncovered on the John Lear board. Very first thread... "John Lear's Moon pictures". If you couldn't be bothered going through each and every 113 pages (wouldn't blame you...although I did
), than here is the link to "The Living Moon" website that Zorgon created. He spent literally months compiling each and every anomoly we (mostly he) could find, onto the site.

www.thelivingmoon.com...

Take a look if you're in need of better "proof".

If upon viewing each picture, you wish to legitimately discuss anything of interest... I believe the best place to do it is in the "John Lear" section, where most of the experts reside. Also I'm sure 80% of your questions would have already been answered in one of the threads.

[edit on 11-3-2007 by Navieko]

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Well, even if they are glitches - I have a pretty good telescope, and I am going to take a good look (once the moon pops back out) which will be fruitless (explained below).
Even though I have a great telescope; I don't think it would be powerful enough to zoom into that area and to that magnitude to see that level of detail. I am sure thousands of people have looked at this area with earth based equipment - the problem with that is the earth's atmosphere only allows you a certain amount of magnification (usually only 300x): My telescope 'says' it can go to 315x but unfortunately the earth's atmosphere prevents this. So, even with the most technologically advanced telescope on the planet, you would never be able to view the details and see what is in that area.
So telling people to 'whip' out their telescope and check it out is very very silly.
The only way to know if something is up there or not is to use a telescope that is not 'distorted' by the atmosphere we live in.

thus: there is no way to prove this 'mass' or 'glitch' does/doesn't exist on the surface of the moon without actually going there. Since the majority of the people in the USA accept that the government lies to them - stating that the image could not be 'airbrushed' or manipulated to hide it is simply an opinionated statement.
The facts are: We can not tell with earth based equipment, we can not tell if it is a camera glitch, and we can not tell if the government is lying.

What it comes down to - is what you believe.

[edit on 3/11/2007 by kroms33]

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 05:12 PM
link   
as for the square pixel comment, why are the smaller objects around it, circular??? if it is square pixel resolution limitation, then the other objects would not have any resolution whatsoever due to their smaller size.

the craters that one poster is suggesting as explanation, are round, not square enough in any way to be turned into a PERFECTLY rectangular object. Also, in a large portion of the rectangle, there is clearly the appearance of EVEN and CONSISTENT thickness of the object edges, including what look like shadows which suggest height, NOT recession as in a crater. Furthermore the craters suggested seem to be proportional to the two objects to the left of the rectangle but in no way give explanation to the rectangle itself. Nothing in the crater photos resembles the rectangle to the right.

As for the photos segment merger lines, they can only account for one side of the rectangle and are otherwise completely unrelated.

[edit on 2-12-2007 by avalonandon]

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by avalonandon

They're Messier and Messier A, situated in Mare Fecunditatis, NEAR SIDE;

the "squared structure" is visible only in the Clementine browser 1.5 images and in the mosaics which have been made with those images, like this one, for example:
www.cmf.nrl.navy.mil... .

About their size,

Moon crater Messier is about 1,250 m deep and of an elongated form, measuring about 11 km in length and 8 km in width. Jean-Paul Philbert gives its selenographic longitude at 48deg East and its latitude at 2deg South.
Messier A lies about 20km west of Messier, at a longitude of 47.6deg E, latitude 1.9d S. It is a double crater, measuring 11x13 km. The smaller, older crater was superimposed by a newer, a bit larger crater.
The bright double ray, reaching out from these two craters to the West, 120 km throughout Mare Fecunditatis, gives the whole feature an appearance closely resembling a comet with a tail.

www.seds.org...

[edit on 2/12/2007 by internos]

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 07:33 PM
link   
that is what i was agreeing with , an earlier post that those two white objects are probably the craters discussed..however, we are still left with the original photo that shows a rectangular object. the fact it is not in more recent photos has been discussed i believe, and one is left to ponder the discrepencies.

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by avalonandon
that is what i was agreeing with , an earlier post that those two white objects are probably the craters discussed..however, we are still left with the original photo that shows a rectangular object. the fact it is not in more recent photos has been discussed i believe, and one is left to ponder the discrepencies.

IMHO, most likely is the result of a bad data processing of the images taken by Clementine.
ArMap managed to recover some of the original PDS ones, and many data were already missing before the conversion process from native .pds to .GIF (and to the browser). But i don't know how the images have been handled.
Some links
www.cmf.nrl.navy.mil...
www.cmf.nrl.navy.mil...
www.cmf.nrl.navy.mil...

Near side

What i mean is that it would have been easily visible from earth, by many telescopes: despite of it, it is only visible in the 1.5 version of Clementine image browser and in the images consequentially generated.

Probably, the same thing has happened with the huge triangle on the Far Side

www.cmf.nrl.navy.mil...
But, who knows?

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Can someone please provide us with the most impressive moon photo's showing artifacts?

Let's say the top 10.

Thanks

www.thelivingmoon.com...

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by internos

Originally posted by avalonandon

IMHO, most likely is the result of a bad data processing of the images taken by Clementine.
ArMap managed to recover some of the original PDS ones, and many data were already missing before the conversion process from native .pds to .GIF (and to the browser). But i don't know how the images have been handled.
Some links
www.cmf.nrl.navy.mil...
www.cmf.nrl.navy.mil...
www.cmf.nrl.navy.mil...

Near side

What i mean is that it would have been easily visible from earth, by many telescopes: despite of it, it is only visible in the 1.5 version of Clementine image browser and in the images consequentially generated.

Probably, the same thing has happened with the huge triangle on the Far Side

www.cmf.nrl.navy.mil...
But, who knows?

internos, looking at this moon photo if you will look to the left border middle you will see a humanoid face looking left. There is a hat being worn as well as some type of insignia on the top of the hat. A simple way of seeing the image is to turn down your contrast and brightness. Looking forward toward the face cup your hand as though you are looking thru a tunnel the opening being smaller then a dime. You will now see the face planely. You will also see the eye, nose, hairline, hat as well as the profile of the face. Rik Riley

[edit on 6-12-2007 by rikriley]

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gooey
. . . . . . . Its not a structure at all. Dude this is just some higher ground and some craters. Don't get too excited yet. If there were aliens running around on the moon I think they'ed make themselves a tiiiiiiny bit more noticeable than dirt >.>
you can see theres a square building there to the right, it looks like a base alright..

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   
90 degree angles because of square pixels?, this is whats happening here. the US is mining the moon for helium 3. alot of these crazy alien ideas are most likely a load of #, however bob lazar i do find to be interesting. anyway i have devised a simple equation for you.
helium 3 = energy
energy = sex money power
p.s there is a nuclear test site near area 51, now the biggest crater was from a nuke buried at a low level to see if it was suitable for mining, according to wikipedia this bomb exposed more americans to radiation then any other. so my question is, why on EARTH would you use a nuke for mining, well i wouldn't expose my 'n-word's to the # no matter how black they where, if i was asked however to mine the moon for the scatered helium 3 i would use the biggest bomb i could without shotting the bitch of a thing onto some kind of worm hole.
also the space shuttle lands 250mls from area 51 and those mother #ers have a huge cargo bay, so is it possable that they transport the # from edwards air force base to area51 for storage porposes?
i would also like to state that my comment about african americans was intended as a joke

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   
yea that is something right there. not dirt or crater..
but im pretty sure it could be like a million different things. i wouldnt jump right to alien moon base but im not saying its not either.

nice find

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
all the pictures are too blurry and prove nothing.give us a break.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by acmeartifacts

build your own satellite to take photos and send them back to earth that way you know the photo's haven't been photo shopped.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join