It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

is this an alien moon base?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 09:29 PM
link   
MOD NOTE: Image link dead. User banned. Thread Closed.

please let me know what this structure is

original link www.cmf.nrl.navy.mil... ensor=UVVIS&filter=415_nm

[edit on 9-3-2007 by acmeartifacts]
edit on January 30th 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 10:23 PM
link   
. . . . . . . Its not a structure at all. Dude this is just some higher ground and some craters. Don't get too excited yet. If there were aliens running around on the moon I think they'ed make themselves a tiiiiiiny bit more noticeable than dirt >.>

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 10:34 PM
link   
why is it square? craters are round.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gooey
. . . . . . . Its not a structure at all. Dude this is just some higher ground and some craters. Don't get too excited yet. If there were aliens running around on the moon I think they'ed make themselves a tiiiiiiny bit more noticeable than dirt >.>

That’s definitely more then craters and dirt,
It looks man-made to me.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 10:47 PM
link   
If you really think so, get a good telescope and take a peek. If its on a side of the moon we can't see, go get a satellite image off the internet. Trust me, its nothing. If its man made, I'd say the government is hiding a moon-base from us. But I very much doubt that.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 10:52 PM
link   
according to the Clemintine info on the image the scale is about 4 miles across. So no telescope could possibly see it.
As for your suggestion of a satalite, well thats exactly what took this photo.
As far as its location, I really dont know how to read a map, but the link shows the longitude and latitude, so im sure it can be figured out.

Care to offer any more ideas?

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I find this interesting.

Click on the little cube-like 'structure' in the picture.

It says the image cannot be found. Everywhere else it shows you a view of it. Why not there? Do I smell a government cover-up? I'm glad you brought this to our attention. Guess I was too quick to judge :p

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Yes, please do get excited this is a major city on the Earth's Moon. These humanoid like beings and their statues, monuments and magnificent structures are there on the surface. This photo has a veil put over this region by none other then NASA.

No matter what the other none believers say hold to your own beliefs. They are unable to see because they have always been told life does not exist on the Moon so their brain like a computer short circuits or shuts down.

Look at these pics as 3-D holograms in depth and concentrate on sectors. The more you will look the more you will see. This is real and some of these structures are many miles high. Look for humanoid or hybrid looking being statues. Remember in the land of the blind the one eyed being that can see is King. Rik Riley

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I always try and debunk things I see, and I know that when they stitch together images from these satalite orbits there are sometimes blurry images on the stitch lines.
Most of the Hogland images are stitch lines. (most not all)
This image is clearly dead center between 2 stitch lines, so it may not be a artifact of bad image processing.
It may be a missing frame, which is why the image may be missing when you zoom in, however, the structure is not your typical solid black missing frame as seen in other satalite images. There are clearly things inside the rectangle, and the walls of the structure seem to have openings that resemble breaks in a wall like you would see in the entrance or exit to a city or fort.
I cant seem to debunk this image.

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 03:40 PM
link   
To me it looks just like the moon, but I could be wrong.

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Ive got to say the image is interesting to say the least. After going to the link you provided I found it highly suspicious that you can navigate through the whole image except for that one area.

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 04:59 PM
link   

I find this interesting.

It says the image cannot be found. Everywhere else it shows you a view of it. Why not there? Do I smell a government cover-up? I'm glad you brought this to our attention. Guess I was too quick to judge :p

There are quite many squares which cant be shown.

While I think it look pretty neat, I think its got a rather mundane explanation: Its gotten indexed wrong. That terrain shouldnt really be there.

If there actually is something beneath this misplaced terrain is a whole other matter though...

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I was very very close to dismissing this: then - something pretty weird caught my eye.
If possible - could I get some feedback on this just to determine if this area is a "blackout" ???
Click on the object and see if you can zoom into it - I get "Image is not Available - which perhaps it isn't - I don't know, but most of the landscape around it is viewable by clicking the arrows.

SO, what I did is zoom up to it in photoshop - and messed with the exposure settings. The object seems to have a 3d value consistent with shadows on the landscape around it.

Not saying this is a structure - but it does raise some questions - because this is on a NASA website...

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 06:21 PM
link   

I find this interesting.

Good... I thought I was alone in that venture

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 06:44 PM
link   
That is a bit odd...maybe someone should try emailing NASA to ask what it is. Although they'd probably make some BS excuse. Its definatly not natural...or maybe its some sort of camera glitch. Just throwing ideas out there.

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 06:46 PM
link   
First of all, stop using the old version of the Clementine image browser.

Version 2.0 available here shows the images much better than the old version.

And if it says that it cannot show the image is probably because the image does not exist.

All photos taken by Clementine are available as a CD-ROM set or online.

You can start your search here.

jra

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 06:59 PM
link   
This has been posted numerous times. It's just an imaging glitch. You can see that spot with telescopes from Earth. I've seen many photos of that spot taken by orbiting Apollo craft as well as amateur astronomers. There is no rectangular structure there.

The two small craters to the left of the anomaly are named Messier and Messier A. Here's a google image search showing numerous photos of that spot. Messier images

[edit on 10-3-2007 by jra]

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 09:47 PM
link   
clearly an image glitch. Here is the one from the newer browser

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 09:54 PM
link   
IDK if its real or fake or just a glitch but i do think that maybe it has to much symmetry to be just a glitch, nice 90 degree angles etc.
If anything, id go with it being something there (who knows what) and maybe this image was one of the ones that did not get censored..

jra

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kr0n0s
IDK if its real or fake or just a glitch but i do think that maybe it has to much symmetry to be just a glitch, nice 90 degree angles etc.

It has nice 90 degree angles because digital images are made up of little square pixels.

If anything, id go with it being something there (who knows what) and maybe this image was one of the ones that did not get censored..

But what about amateur astronomers all over the world? Surely the Government can't sensor them and there images.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join