It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Genesis 1:1 - Billions of years of History?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 11:03 PM
link   
again, why are we acknowledging this rip-off of a mesopotamian bronze age myth as our basis for discussion? why would it have any more insight into the world than the norse myth of creation (which is, in my honest opinion, far more interesting)?

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
again, why are we acknowledging this rip-off of a mesopotamian bronze age myth as our basis for discussion? why would it have any more insight into the world than the norse myth of creation (which is, in my honest opinion, far more interesting)?

May i Point your attention to the name of the thread

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by tom_roberts

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul

May i Point your attention to the name of the thread

well, that's my question. why are we examing genesis 1:1? it is a rip-off of a mesopotamian bronze age myth...

why are we looking at this specific creation myth?
why doesn't O&C talk about the creation story in which odin, vel, and ve created midgard from the body of the frost giant ymir (fun fact, in norse mythos clouds are made from ymir's brain matter)?

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ozmorphus
The first verse in the Bible states that in the beginning God created the Heavens and the Earth and the Earth was without form and void and the Spirit of God was brooding over it.

I don’t see this in my translation of the bible. The KJV says:

Gen 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
Gen 1:2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

Now think about it. God is perfect and all powerful and therefore why would he create something that was messed up then get mad about it?

Gen 1:31 And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

When God first created the earth it was perfect, it was only when sin entered the world that it became altered.

Something happened that destroyed it all (perhaps the war in Heaven when satan was cast out). God looked upon the destruction of His universe and was brooding (upset) over it. So He recreated everything in six days.

This is a possibility; it also seems to fit much of what we currently know about the fossil record and the writings of several ancient peoples. If you study the fossil record, it appears that there have been mass extinctions and then completely new species appear right after them. This is why I feel evolutionists will never find their missing links.

Impacts from NEO’s appear to be what ends most of the cycles. If you read about Noah’s Flood in some pseudopigraphil texts, you see that it was not just water in the flood, but water and fire. The flood may not have been world wide, but rather "know world wide", or local to the Mediterranean, and caused by an asteroid impacting into a small sea which used to exist in Iraq. The crater is still visible from this impact and dates to roughly 3000BC, which is the same time frame as the flood.

THE LATE, GREAT, PLANET EARTH INVESTIGATE: MAR 03
Very recently, a crater has been identified in Iraq that is known to be in an area of shifting sediment that was once an inland sea. This means that the feature could not possibly be older than 5 or 6 thousand years.

They cite researchers, some using tree-ring sampling and others analysing peat bogs in north-west Europe, who have confirmed dates of around 7000 BC, 3000 BC, 2300 BC, 1700 BC, 1000 BC, 500 BC, 550 AD, 850 AD, 1300 AD for effects likely to have been caused by multiple impacts from space. Many of these dates can be related to vast changes in early civilised societies. The 3000 BC or 2300 BC dates could match the Iraqi crater, and those eras are the very ones where great turmoil is reported in the Bible and other ancient scriptures, including Noah’s flood, which is a common theme of several scriptures from different sources.

Check out this from Josephus:

Antiquities of the Jews
upon Adam's prediction that the world was to be destroyed at one time by the force of fire, and at another time by the violence and quantity of water, they made two pillars, (10) the one of brick, the other of stone: they inscribed their discoveries on them both, that in case the pillar of brick should be destroyed by the flood, the pillar of stone might remain, and exhibit those discoveries to mankind; and also inform them that there was another pillar of brick erected by them. Now this remains in the land of Siriad to this day.

I cannot recall where the other quotes are about it being both water and fire, but you can at least see here that it was not just water, but violence and water.

Here is an interesting bit about what the world looks like after it is destroyed at the end of our world:

Jer 4:23 I beheld the earth, and, lo, it was without form, and void; and the heavens, and they had no light.

Look similar to :

Gen 1:2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

I feel that it is not only possible that the Lord created and destroyed this planet before, but it is probable based on existing evidence.

You might want to read on Catastrophism

top topics

<< 1   >>

join